What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It was really nice tonight and I even thought that the roast dinner was far better without the spuds so either low carbing has addled my brain, or I'm slowly weaning myself off an addiction. And I do think it is an addiction as I could happily eat my bodyweight in pasta and garlic bread and half an hour later be in the fridge.

When I had my coleslaw last night, 5% carbs, it honestly tasted like it had a dessert spoon of honey in it. That's how much the sense of taste changes from cutting down carbs. It is so liberating!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
Bless you Kat, nice to chat to you too, old friend. I got the Patrick Holford book on GL so giving that a once over too. :bookworm: xxx

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Bless you Kat, nice to chat to you too, old friend. I got the Patrick Holford book on GL so giving that a once over too. :bookworm: xxx
I have Patrick holfords book , it makes sense to me ....it was my diabetic Christmas present :rolleyes:
Hope you enjoy it, I like his style of writting ....I must read it again though....to keep myself informed ....:cat:X

K

Kat100

I have Patrick holfords book , it makes sense to me ....it was my diabetic Christmas present :rolleyes:
Hope you enjoy it, I like his style of writting ....I must read it again though....to keep myself informed ....:cat:X
Great...we must share thoughts and ideas ......keep reading .....but tonight I am going to see the last part of the crimson fields on tv....can't wait .
Really nice to chat to you again ...tc ....Kat x

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'd have preferred diabetic chocolate for my Christmas present!!

Yes, I think I'll write things down in my own journal. It will save having to remember where I saw a particular recipe or bit of info I like. xx

K

Kat100

I'd have preferred diabetic chocolate for my Christmas present!!

Yes, I think I'll write things down in my own journal. It will save having to remember where I saw a particular recipe or bit of info I like. xx
You said chocolate .....now I may have to go to my treat cupboard x:) Yes write it down I always do that, I have a little book for everything, no order to it though :rolleyes: X

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On waking: 1 cheese string
Breakfast: green smoothie
Lunch: cinnamon tea cake and butter (spiked BG from 5.7 to 9.2 at 2 hrs :banghead: Then dropped scary-fast :banghead::banghead:)
Snack: smoked mackerel with lemon and coriander - to combat the incoming hypo)
Dinner: a GORGEOUS slow cooked lamb shank, veg and caulicheese (7.7 after 2 hrs - Phew! Crisis averted!)
Last thing: will be a cheese string

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How many cheese strings did you buy??

Thought I had a problem buying £93's worth of Atkins bars!!!! xx

Reactions: 4 people

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh the raspberry truffles look lovely. i'd be off to my treat box now if i didn't still feel sick. :wacky: xx

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Aw, thanks. TBH, I think I've overdone the fats today, no carbs but cheese, mackerel and cauli cheese with cream :clown: xx

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bravo! You really have taken one for the team with this experiment. So will you continue with your waking snack and if so, what will you have?

Thank you! Oh yes, definitely continuing. Am delighted with the results so far.
Cheese string stocks are still high, so I will soldier on until they run out.

After that, I might try higher protein, low fat, OR higher fat, low protein...
Am open to suggestions.
Will play it by ear, week by week.

Also, because it has to be sustainable, I would like to come up with a long term option that has the beneficial effect without the boredom factor.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
240g mackerel
100g coleslaw

Delicious!

Instead of cheese for afters, I had a dessert of double cream, ground almond, and cocoa powder, blended to taste. Like a liquidy chocolate halva.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... I had a dessert of double cream, ground almond, and cocoa powder, blended to taste. Like a liquidy chocolate halva.

Sounds yummy! :p:p That's definitely one for me to try soon. I quite often do a mix of cream cheese and thick cream beaten up, with various goodies added such as coffee and walnut pieces, or cocoa powder and almond slivers and/or a few raspberries, or cocoa and a teaspoon of orange essence, or with a little lemon or lime juice and grated rind.

Robbity

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
At this point I had to check your profile to see how old you are! I remembered spam fritters from school but I think it was a 70s thing. There is an expensive chip shop near us in the posh bit of town and it sells them. Must admit, I was tempted! Don't go there at all now - lol!

51 years this year.. Yes, I know all about spam fritters etc-lol!!

My latest love is Pork slices with peanut butter on top with cucumber on top again with salad!!
My friends tonight when I told them as they were tucking into some flat bread(??) were appalled!!!

Never believed 30 years ago would get to 50... Never.

Yes, had some health probs on the way, but NONE of them are diabetes related...

Status
Not open for further replies.