Status
Not open for further replies.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Today I have eaten bacon, egg, black pudding, beans, 1 small slice wholemeal x 2. That's just what I felt like today. I had one lot for breakfast and a second lot for dinner. :D

For supper I had 2 glasses of Rose wine, a handful of peanuts and 2 Hovis digestive biscuits, and I've had about 3 cups of tea today and one coffee, all with cream.

I've done two loads of washing, bagged some clothes for charity, vacuumed the bungalow, washed my floors, done a load of paperwork, rearranged my furniture, damp dusted everywhere and I feel very, very pleased with myself. Next Saturday I'll wash all my doors down, was going to do it today but thought "Nope, pace yourself Grace, save it for next weekend."

Tomorrow is walk in the park day if the weather's dry. :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
fractureman said:
Will you do me a fry up like that in the morning please lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

OK it's 7am and I'm wide awake. What time d'you want that fry up?

Oh and I had a cheese sandwich about half an hour before bedtime. Don't normally have that but wine has the effect of making me hungry. I knew there was another reason I'd stopped drinking years ago, but couldn't remember. I've been looking for a nice wine that I can drink that won't give me a thick head for a week, won't make me forget who I am for a week, won't make my tummy rumble for a week and won't cause me to have to drink three gallons of water for a week. Have tried diluting it with lots of diet lemo or tonic water, that seems to make the effects worse.

Shame, cos I do get a good night's sleep after a glass of wine. In fact one evening last week I had a whole evening's sleep and then a whole night's sleep with just one glass of wine! :roll: Could you imagine me on a night out?

I'm like Doc Martin was in the prog last night. He fell asleep on the table with his bum in the air and ended up asleep on the floor with the dog! That's me + alcohol too. :roll:

Bronte1660

As a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic. I found this thread really useful and will be trying out some of the ideas. I find the in between snacks the hardest. Have been eating bread sticks and cheese twists. Pistatios

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have been eating bread sticks and cheese twists

Be careful with bread sticks. there are high in carbs and i find them quiet addictive :) Never stop on one

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite easy and fun to make your own breadsticks with brown rice flour or soya flour.
Experimenting with soya flour and stevia to see if i can get a perfick pancake..

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Finzi

Oops, pressed send before I'd finished.

3g net carbs. Sausages were chipolatas from Costco, 1.5g for five. Hot chocolate was a mug of unsweetened soya milk (0 net carbs) with 20g cocoa powder (2g carbs - NB this is pure unsweetened cocoa powder, not instant hot chocolate) and da Vinci white chocolate syrup and chocolate syrup. It does need quite a lot of syrup because soya milk has a slightly odd taste otherwise. I also put in a scoop of chocolate protein powder but this doesn't really add much to the flavour. Heat in microwave for 2 mins.

The pancake (well, it's a sort of risen pancake, bit hard to describe lol) was a recipe from here

1 beaten egg
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons flax seed
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Bit of sweetener (I used da Vinci butterscotch syrup, about a teaspoon full)
Cinnamon/nutmeg if you fancy it

Put in a microwave container that is about the size that you want the pancake to be (I use a little microwave saucepan that we cook peas in) and mix all ingredients very well. cook for 2 mins until dry on top.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Susiebabs said:
One thing I do to make a difference is I use one or two eggs - separate them and mix the yokes in the bechamel (making it thicken and richer) and then whip up the whites. I layer my tomatoey lamb mince with aubergines and then mix the bechamel with the egg whites and then a sprinkling of parmesan on the top and pop it in the oven to finish.....it gives a gorgeous rich souffle like top to the mousakka (used to do it on the top layer of lasagne too when I still ate pasta).

I have wrote these down to refer to when next make a mousakka . :)
Thanks for this great tip susie :clap:

Anna.

Susiebabs

Thanks Anna, I actually have one in the oven at the moment just finishing off for tea tonight as I'm finally back with the 'normal' food programme again!

Susiebabs

So today (first real full food day for nearly two weeks...whoohooo) I have had

Breakfast: two leek and pork sausages with cheese coleslaw on the side and some sugar free jelly
Lunch: one sausage and more coleslaw (the combination was just so lovely I had to have it again) and a piece of Lindt 70% dark chocolate, peppermint tea
Dinner: 1/4 of the Mousakka I cooked and more peppermint tea.

Oh it's so good to be eating real food that's staying put again! LOL! :lol:

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seeded batch french toast with free range egg and shallow fried in cold pressed rapeseed oil, topped with alfalfa and broccoli shoots a few marinated olives and sweetfire beetroot.

Susiebabs

This morning I had a Brie and ham omelette, served with coleslaw on the side, it was absolutely delicious and I have the happiest tummy on the planet!

I finished it off under the grill so the brie all went bubbly. All this for just 8 1/2 carbs! Yum!

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We need to have a "like" (a la Facebook) button on here!

Reactions: 2 people

foreverdelayed

This is what I had for tea last night, its called the "Bruklay burger challenge" its one foot tall and officially Scotland's biggest burger. I got to the last level, not bad considering I'm only wee. And the best attempt by a type 1 for sure. You get 40mins to finish it and its free if you can do it. Needless to say my sugars are a bit haywire today!!!!
Oh I forgot to mention, it comes with fries and side salad!!!

Attachments

• 1362224888917.jpg
    1362224888917.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,164

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Jesus, only in Scotland eh?!

Had this porridge for brekkie, tweaked recipe from The Low Carb Gourmet by Karen Barnaby:

25g ground flax seed
20g wheat bran
20g soya mince (holland and barret sell it)
2 tbsp chocolate flavour whey protein
sweetener to taste
160ml hot water (for desired consistency)

Mix dry ingredients, mix water, perhaps a spot of milk. Microwave if too cold. Gonna be a staple!

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was porridge oats with flaxseed and raspberry,semi skimmed milk.

Lunch was krisprolls (the ones from norway) smoked salmon pate, green leaves, cherry tomato and a tickle of tobasco.

Susiebabs

Brunch was the melted insides of a baked Camembert with a wee splodge of homemade mayonnaise.

Dinner later will be a special three meat kebab with salad and curry sauce with extra cream! Oh and jelly for pud! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.