What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispp

Breakfast, glass of water, small glass of unsweetened cranberry, 1/2 bowl of fruit n fibre with semi skimmed milk & my one coffee of the day. Green tea mid morning.
Lunch, toast topped with one scrambled egg with onion & mushroom with chilli. Glass of water & a green be tea.
Evening dinner, two small chicken breasts, one medium potato, two carrots, sprouts and a parsnip & a few mushrooms with chilli. Large glass of water. Just having a mint tea. That's quite a lot for me as it's a cold day. At around 6' 6" & 20 stone + in the past. I'm type 2 have refused all medication & basked the docs by mtg weight loss & haves the cleanest bill off health my doctors know. I always feel slightly hungr nowy, but if I don't because I eat more, I feel like sh 1 t. Keeping off the medication drives me on.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using DCUK Forum mobile app

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Plaice in a garlic crumb, garden peas,runner beans and green beans with mint and chive butter and potato dauphinoise.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices sourdough rye bread with sliced sausage, cheese and smoked blackforest ham with various pickles for lunch. Dinner was sliced seasoned chinese roast pork cooked with garlic, ginger and spring onions, mushrooms and a sauce with brown rice.

I am pleased to have found a bread which I can eat. Three slices only put my levels up by 0.5 mmol/L. That's on two consecutive days now. One more test and I'll be sure it's not a fluke.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Porridge oats with flaxseed, cinnamon and fresh raspberries.

Finzi

Breakfast 100g full fat Greek yoghurt with flax seed and 15 blueberries, PLUS a slice of Burgen with crunchy peanut butter
(16g total)

Lunch: a really nice salad inspired by Thai beef salad: big bowlful of baby spinach leaves and also salad leaves. 25g mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame etc). 100g of roast beef slices, just from the deli. Made a dressing: some sesame oil (this isn't zero carb), cider vinegar, rice vinegar, 2 tsp sweet chili sauce (this isn't zero carb either - 2.5 carbs per teaspoon), garlic, splash of soy sauce, splash of Thai fish sauce. Put all together. Yummy. Total 11g carbs (a good chunk of that was the sesame oil and chili sauce).

For dinner tonight? <blush> Fish & Chips! But I won't have the chips, obviously, and just a little batter. We shall see.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

World Hereafter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
yesterday's tally ---

Breakfast: 4 of those new NutriGrain Breakfast Buscuits (has the lowest Carbs/Sugars of any of the Breakfast Biscs) + 20g Almonds + black Coffee.

Lunch: 2 Slices Burgen Soy/Linseed Bread, 2 slices Ham, tsp. Cream Cheese, Cucumber. Followed by 100g Red seedless Grapes+ 10g Almonds.

Snack: 1 Muller Light Cherry Yoghurt (original light version, not the new Greek type).

Dinner: 1 large bowl-full of homemade Turkish Patlican Kebab (Aubergine, Tomatoes, Peppers, Onions , Beef Mince layered with lots garlic and herbs and baked in oven).
Pudding: 2 squares 85% dark choc + 100g Green Grapes + 10g Pistachios. (the choc is not a regular thing btw!)

Daily totals: under 140g Carbs, under 50g Sugars, under 1500 cals.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Today is a doughnut day in my country. Its 4pm and ive eaten only doughnuts so far. I lost track how much insulin ive taken today :crazy: Hope will get to normal tomorrow!

Finzi

Not sure whether I'd make a habit of this but I did seem to get away with it: went to Pizza express for lunch, had a bowl of olives and the Leggera Padana pizza (where they cut a hole in the centre of the pizza and fill it with rocket leaves). Asked for chargrilled vegetables as an extra topping. Ate all the topping off the pizza but not the crust. It probably wasn't the best choice of topping (had caramelised onion - couldn't believe how sweet it tasted - I've not really had anything sweet for almost a month). But despite that, BG before dinner 6.9 and two hours later 6.7. Both a bit higher than I'd like but that was after effect of experimenting with 20g porridge for breakfast. Really have to accept that I CANNOT eat porridge.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 after porridge isnt bad at all :grin:

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fillet steak with asparagus, sugar snap peas and mange tout with Bernaise sauce for tea. Quaffed down with a dry Cava. A Friday treat!

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Superb!

VickiT11979

Scrambled eggs on 1 slice low carb bread breakfast - 5g carbs.

Half a carton of Sainsbury's chicken & veg soup for lunch with a slice rye bread, slice low carb bread with goat's cheese - 33g carbs (going to the gym afterwards & need to carb load before or I go hypo).

Low carb homemade pizza & salad for tea - ate half the pizza (recipe courtesy of WhitbyJet on here) - 12g carbs.

Snacks - weight watchers strawberry tart yoghurt (8g), 200ml Alpro almond milk (6g), Corona Extra beer (13g).

Had already opened the beer when thought I should check carbs - never bothered to look before & it's put me off beer somewhat!

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
So far ... it's only 7.54am Saturday morning and I'm up because I have a sore throat and beginnings of a cold ... so it's a cup of tea and 2 Hovis digestives. Not feeling very hungry so it will probably be soups today.

Have added a tin of Tomato Soup and 2 packets of crisps to the above. Cold is feeling better now. Had the sore throat for 3 days but doesn't feel like it's going to turn into anything worse. Yaaayyy! :D

Susiebabs

I'm pretty new to the LCHF lifestyle and finding this section REALLY helpful - so thanks to all the contributors. So far this morning I've had one large chestnut mushroom, with 70g of frying steak in small strips and an egg, all fried in unsalted butter and a dash of chinese 5-spice, followed by 12 blueberries with some crème fraîche! absolutely yum and only five carbs in total.

Plan for the rest of the day at the moment is a salmon steak with baby sweetcorn cooked in coconut oil with some cream cheese on the side and a low carb brownie! There is also the option of cauliflower with a cream and cheese sauce but it all depends on how hungry I am.

Took a month of research before I was ready to change to LCHF but the results have been amazing. After a bit of a stop/start beginning as my body adjusted I now have fasting bloods always around 5 (down from 12-13 at the end of last year) and a weight loss of 10lbs in just 39 days!

Susiebabs

Finzi - yes it is. I found that there's only so much bacon I can stomach (love it, but once or twice a week is more than enough) so I've started using this as an alternative morning meat! I buy a pack of 5 or so small steaks and then freeze them individually - that way I only need to whip one out of the freezer the night before and I'm ready to go in the morning. Whole breakfast takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and kind of 'gets on with itself' while I make up my lunch! :D

Finzi

I will try this. I know what you mean about bacon, I love it but just don't want to have it too often (I'm supposed to be sodium restricted, for one thing). I like the sound of the Chinese five spice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.