Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight I had one of our quickie meal favourites of sausages with roast veggies. It's a great way to finish up bits of courgette, peppers, butternut squash and an onion, along with sausages. Throw it all into a roasting tin, with a tiny smear of oil to ensure nothing sticks. Once the sausages cook, they liberate lovely spiced oil which bast the veggies once the tin has been shaken a couple of times. Half an hour - 45 minutes in the oven and Hey Presto!

If anyone else likes a spicy sausage I heartily recommend the ASDA Louisiana Cajun Sausages, which are very tasty, and on offer at the moment..... Yummmmmm.

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webs...dacom-dsk-_-meat-lovers#/product/910001309363

Reactions: 6 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Had good days and bad days, can't seem to stick to what I was doing pre BG test at docs. I feel now summer is over and the hot weather gone that my BG will be slightly higher, it always does come colder weather (need a lottery win & a desert island hideaway)

B livlife with marmite
L homemade coleslaw and pulled BBQ chicken (not diabetic friendly, leftovers from yesterday)
D pork nam tok

Keep putting off taking dog to the vets, maybe in a few more days...

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had good days and bad days, can't seem to stick to what I was doing pre BG test at docs. I feel now summer is over and the hot weather gone that my BG will be slightly higher, it always does come colder weather (need a lottery win & a desert island hideaway)

B livlife with marmite
L homemade coleslaw and pulled BBQ chicken (not diabetic friendly, leftovers from yesterday)
D pork nam tok

Keep putting off taking dog to the vets, maybe in a few more days...

I feel for you, I really do. It's a decision that makes itself though. One day you just know. And until then, it wouldn't be right.

I hope that makes sense?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
That looks delicious, and a good big plateful, although I wouldn't enjoy the lettuce very much. Well done for upping the size of the plate! Great idea to sit down and have a proper cooked breakfast. It would last you throughout a cold morning's gardening. I always look forward to a fry up, but we tend to have them either for lunch or tea. I really don't know why.

Fried breakfast this morn... Too wet to work though!! Typical!
Forced myself to have cheese n onion omelettes whilst he was away this weekend for a sort of brunch (2pm-is that a brunch?) Friday was too low on any food the first day he was away.
Baked a choc chip cake tonight (10g carb per portion) so can add this in for this next 4 days...that will get the calories up a bit!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yesterday's food was this:
breakfast scrambled egg
lunch slice ham , lettuce, double Gloucester with chives
dinner meaty sausages, bacon, poached egg, mushrooms and 4 skin on potato wedges- 5.2 at 3 hrs( too busy peddling and reading about case of Ebola in Spain at 2hrs)

today
Breakfast sausage, poached egg, bacon, mushrooms
lunch ham and salad
dinner cooking a beef dopiaza( kitchen smells ace) - will have with a poppadum and salad and home made raita and onion salad- may make a gobi paneer curry to go with it so there are leftovers for tomorrow.

alliebee

Breakfast. 2 poached eggs on bed of baby leaf spinach.
Lunch some brie and a few nuts
Dinner is going to be a chicken stir fry

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetes Miracle eating, hotel style. :happy:

The deal we've got is 3 nights bed, breakfast and dinner, so I'm kind of at the mercy of the hotel.
I'm also very aware that it is TOTALLY unreasonable to book a last minute cheap trip and then start making prima donna like demands on the kitchen staff. So I get what I get, and if I'm still hungry, then there are several peanut 9 bars and a couple of bags of pork scratchings back at the room.

Last night was a choice of steakandkidneypie, chicken in a brown sauce (forgot the posh name) or roast pork. All veg were carvery style self service; chips, roasties or mash, sliced carrots, shredded cabbage scattered with chopped ham.

So I ended up with sliced roast pork with a mega portion of cabbage.
I scooped up 4 of those tiddly little scraps of butter in foil, and put them on the cabbage.
It all tasted nice, and I felt physically not-empty, but I didn't feel satisfied.

The puds were apple tart or a selection of gateaux.

Aha! I thought. If I'm allowed 5g fast acting carbs in this meal, I'll order the tart, with cream. Lots of cream. Then eat 1/3 of the tarty middle. None of the pastry. And all of the cream. Cunning, eh?

And that kept me comfortable till I ate bacon and egg for brekkie.

So very pleased so far.

Reactions: 10 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The roasted cauliflower posted on here recently, with cold cuts from Sunday. Very yummy indeed.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 3 streaky bacon & a fried egg
L 2 livlife with marmite
D som tam & pork scratchings small bit of cheese
Small slice of homemade carrot cake ( too nice to ignore)

Vets on Friday :(

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B 3 streaky bacon & a fried egg
L 2 livlife with marmite
D som tam & pork scratchings small bit of cheese
Small slice of homemade carrot cake ( too nice to ignore)

Vets on Friday :(

My heart goes out to you.

Never the easiest decision to make, but take comfort in the knowledge it is the kindest thing you will have done for your four footed friend.

Reactions: 3 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cake! Can't believe I'm eating cake again -- the carrot sort whose recipe is on here. Spent half the day shopping for almond & soy flour and ended up using quinoa instead of soy but it turned out fab. Pushed my BS up only .point 2 in an hour and in fact it's been below 6 all day until just now -- 6.5 two hrs after a cauli pizza. Thanks for all your great advice.

Reactions: 5 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cake! Can't believe I'm eating cake again -- the carrot sort whose recipe is on here. Spent half the day shopping for almond & soy flour and ended up using quinoa instead of soy but it turned out fab. Pushed my BS up only .point 2 in an hour and in fact it's been below 6 all day until just now -- 6.5 two hrs after a cauli pizza. Thanks for all your great advice.

Which recipe did you try? Very interested in giving the kids healthier options. :)

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
still having my 4 half boiled eggs with a dollop of butter and black coffee for brekky seven days a week.

i love eggs. hopefully i can go on doing this indefinitely without any carb cravings!!

Reactions: 3 people

jode the toad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i have 2 fried eggs for breakfast, sometimes i dont have anything which is bad but im not a great morning person so it can be a rush to get to work. lunch today had a low carb meal from a kebab shop, chicken and salad with no sauce, and dinner tonight is steak and stir fry, i fry the vegetables in coconut oil which is delicious

jode the toad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
or if your like me and mornings are a rush (i dont like getting out of bed), have pre boiled eggs ready to go in the fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.