1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

I can’t get my saved link to work, but luckily I have the recipe saved in my iPad notes:

38E86681-404A-4317-B770-B97BC8045B8F.jpeg

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Me too. Looks delicious.
    Would it work spooned on to a baking tray or in ramekins? Have a few of those acquired with goodies inside, now lurking in the cupboards. But cake tins ec are still packed.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    #35222 SlimLizzy, Feb 12, 2020 at 11:37 PM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  3. SlimLizzy

Think I might make rhese

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Mayo is mayonnaise? I didn't even know you could use that in warm dishes! Photographed your post, must try!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes Mayonnaise! I’m sure they’d taste even better with Dutch mayo! :hungry:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh · Well-Known Member

Me too !
    So hungry !

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Winnie-the-Pooh

Can I go to your house for dinner ?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

Breakfast omelet : I asked for lots of ham and I had really LOTS of ham

Lunch : a sausage and a glass of green vegetable juice as attached. It’s very yummy

Dinner : another sausage, with some keto ice cream and blueberries.

IMG_4941.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Winnie-the-Pooh

Attached Files:

10. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't test bg. Won't make a difference to your bg but it'll prevent damaging your mood :angelic:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Winnie-the-Pooh

Have a GCM (Dexcom), so sadly I know it every 5 min .

• Hug Hug x 4
  12. SlimLizzy

12-02-2020
    @PenguinMum hope you are recovering from that horrible bug. Best not visit that cafe again.
    @Annb was it the storm caused your power cut? Quite agree about warm drinks on cold days.
    Food yesterday( it's now 13th)
    Breakfast. CWC x2. Nut granola. Microwave scrambled eggs again, I had forgotten how quick and easy they are. And delicious too with a really good knob of butter added.
    Chunk of cheese again. Wanted to get that box of grated cheese refilled. But with all the chaos in the kitchen, box lid has been mislaid.
    Lunch. Ham and cheese again. Lettuce with lashings of mayonnaise, piece of tomato, end of the cucumber, no radish today we finished those already. CWC.
    Dinner. Pork chop, no potatoes, steamed leeks and brocolli, veg were seriously overcooked as we had video call from grandchildren just at the critical moment. We never refuse a call from them. Raspberries, yoghurt and cream. Intended to be after lunch. But got somehow forgotten. Think that was a phone call again. One glass of wine. That also got forgotten as I was still painting. Trip to UK now definitely on for Monday. Might as well be Sunday as it's an early start. So now packing and lists will take over. Mr Slims birthday tomorrow. He wants me to make pancakes. Think its going to be crêpes Suzette again. Yum.
    Storm Dennis made a brief appearance here. Back to windy and wet. With snow and hail thrown in, but no damage this time. Thankful for that. With the freezer malfunction, maggots, scaffold collapse and running out of gas we have lurched from one crisis to another all week. Has definitely had an impact on work rate. Causing both of us to extend the working day by a couple of hours. I need to get the kitchen units painted before we go. Because I still have issues with the shoulder can only do limited amount each day. I worked late, because I went shopping, needed to catch up. Very little done outside today/ yesterday.. which is my main exercise so , with late meal and wine, pod chance FBG will be higher than I would like.

Lemon tea mostly through the day.

• Like Like x 7
    #35232 SlimLizzy, Feb 13, 2020 at 3:08 AM
  13. Quinn1066

Quinn1066 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Today 13/02/2020
    Today was a good day, got a haircut, went to pick up bread, the health food store didn't have the sourdough version, so I had to pick up the non-sourdough sprouted bread version. Still good and yummy.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 170g full fat Greek yogurt, 46g blueberries. 5 white coffee 20ml milk in each

Lunch: 74g khorasan sprouted bread (non sourdough version), 145g tomato raw, 95 cucumber raw, 34g maasdam chese, 100g tripple smoked ham, mustard, salt, 1 white coffee 20ml milk.

Dinner: 3XL eggs, 190g fresh broccoli, 2 white corn tortilla, 20ml salsa.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Actually the storm didn't have any effect on our power supply - it really wasn't all that bad here. No it was calm but cold - just about zero. That 's why I was surprised that the power went off. Maybe everyone else turning lights on at the same time, but that happens every day, so can't think it would have been that.

Had a discussion with both sons today about storms and I opined that giving the storms names makes them into evil entities and frightens people, so I think it is a bad idea. Both of them kind of agreed and Neil thought it was an idea from meteorologist to make people take more notice of them (the met people not the storms) and we all agreed that, in Britain at least, while it has been wetter, it has probably not really been all that much windier than in many years past. When my husband was at sea, storms and hurricanes were not given names - they were referred to in meteorological terms or just as "typhoons", "hurricanes" or "storms" and seafarers took note but everyone else just got on with life. It seems to be a fairly recent phenomenon. However, to be honest, I can't take Atlantic storm "Dennis" seriously. "Dennis" is not, to me, a threatening name, however much newsreaders and weather forecasters keep on about it.

Lunch today at 1.30 was more of the chicken wings from last night - cold this time.
    Tonight's meal will be fried gammon with more of the veg left over from yesterday.
    Pic (below I hope) is the wings and veg ready to serve.

wings and veg.JPG

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi All
    Breakfast was usual slice of LL toast, butter, tea x2.
    Lunch was some blue cheese and a tablsp cheesey coleslaw.
    Supper will be giant cod fingers and tenderstem brocolli.
    As its Thursday will be having a gin or two ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

OMAD today. Partly planned and partly events dear boy, events. Meal was short ribs in IP. Some chestnut mushrooms, carrot and swede in there with W... beef stock (>0.55 carb) and gravy granules (Morrisons) on a bed (seriously?) of cabbage sauteed in butter. By 6.30 I was so hungry most things would have been tasty but that was pleasantish and I'm no fan of short ribs. To be honest I think I have missed gravy powder/granules so much that could be the reason. New kitchen appliances safely here ready for installation tomorrow. Highlights of the day were Julie buying me a shooting stick:happy: for Valentines present (I bought her some earrings) and checking out a shed which looks spiffing:happy::happy::happy:. @SlimLizzy what a trooper you are.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #35236 ianpspurs, Feb 13, 2020 at 7:12 PM
  17. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Breakfast: Three egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, fatty bacon, tomatoes.
    Lunch: Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches.
    Dinner: Grilled Barra and salad.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugary, water.

Just took this pix of the sunrise over the Hummock when I was having my first couple of heart starters...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  18. SlimLizzy

13-022-2020
    Breakfast 2x CWC 2 eggs Scrambled in the microwave. Was going to have cheese but saw the sausages MrSlim bought for breakfast. So didn't.
    He slept late. Wasn't feeling too good today.
    Lunch: we had the mergez sausages in baguette. 3 sausages each. Really like these flavoursome spicy sausages, although I think we need to take more notice of how the French cook them.
    Dinner:
    Hold onto your hats folks. MrSlim is feeling better and cooking up a more delicious storm than the one outside.
    Dinner menu
    Real lobster Bisque.
    Filet de boeuff stroganoff served with dauphinois potates (yes I did have some) sauted mushrooms and buttered cauliflower and brocolli.
    Crêpes Suzette. Possibly my favourite pudding in the world. A MrSlim speciality.
    To drink? Champagne of course. An economical one from Lidl, lot of fizz and pleasantly dry.
    Just in case you hadn't already guessed, in another life MrSlim used to be a chef. This is the first time he has cooked for me the Beef Stroganoff, although he has mentioned it often.
    Any one want to see pics ?

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4A6B0FB8-10A9-420E-ACA8-ECD05ECC161E.jpeg
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-raspberry-cheesecake-swirl-brownies
    Baked these again today as OH very fond of them and it is Valentine’s Day tomorrow. Went for quantities for 12 and made individual ones this time in reusable silicone cup cake cases. I also use defrosted frozen raspberries as small amount needed and don’t like waste plus it works! They also freeze well. If I’d had heart moulds would have been great they are so pink....

Two days to report back on as had dentists visit yesterday with eldest who we care for and was third attempt at the trip so a bit tense and time consuming ! Still done now at last and new crown fitted - my turn for dentists next a week on Monday - feel that we pay his bills at moment!

Yesterday
    Breakfast two boiled eggs and half toasted chaffle
    Dinner glass of dry white - much needed - with Cajun chicken kebabs with hm coleslaw and avocado salad followed by sf jelly and yoghurt

Today
    Breakfast one slice of bacon and one egg and half a toasted chaffle
    Dinner beef casserole and cauliflower cheese with glass of red wine followed by a lc raspberry cheesecake swirl brownie with yoghurt.

@DJC3 could you please keep Dennis in Cornwall and indoors this weekend? Flood barriers have gone up in Bewdley with the river Severn lapping over already and there are fears of Dennis arriving here - I’m told - this coming weekend.

• Like Like x 5
  20. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

I have a 10 month old puppy called Dennis, he is not at all threatening but can be quite annoying! He wasn’t impressed with the storm and had to be carried out to do his business this morning.
    The weather has certainly affected the fishing boats here in Cornwall, I went to the fish market today but they apologised for not much choice as the boats hadn’t been able to go out much.
    Glad your power is ok now.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook