What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early lunch today. SLC roll filled with roast beef and mustard. DGF blondie to follow.
Dinner was a couple of home made scotch eggs. I used 5%fat pork mince ( leaner meat is supposed to be best for the wrapping as it holds its shape best) and blitzed pork crackling for the outside crumb. 5 mins to make and 20mins in the oven. Super easy and very good.
A couple of glasses red wine while doing a Zoom Sherlock Holmes theatre mystery thing this evening.
IMG_1614896088.943361.jpg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter (nursery food). Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - I wasn't very hungry so just had a mathiesons smoked sausage with some grated cheese over the top - I was hungry for Lindtt 90% though so had 4 squares!

I have just had an options hot chocolate with double cream on top before I head off to bed

Onlinecaroline

Morning All!

Wednesday I did my first proper OMAD. Dinner was Hunters chicken, buffalo cauliflower and two flat cap mushrooms stuffed with swede, cream cheese and sour cream.
Followed by a DGF brownie and a Montezuma truffle.

Yesterday

Breakfast - 3 eggs in a cup mashed with butter.

Lunch - few slices of chorizo and Parma ham, a babybel and a square of Boursin, a few pork puffs with duck pate.

Dinner - Pork Belly done in G Hughes BBQ sauce, cauliflower mash and Savoy cabbage.

Cuppa with a few strawberries and a Fat Bar Butter cookie which I will be buying more of as it was delicious. Although had an odd stomach cramping last night almost like period pain but it’s not that time yet. Still lingering this morning.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Yesterday breakfast grain free granola,CWC
Mid morning CWC 2x custard creams.
No lunch but late afternoon snack
2x ryvita with butter and smoked salmon. Tea, or maybe coffee
Dinner: ready meal liver and bacon with mash, carrots and peas. Chocolate eclair.
Several glasses of wine, couple of LC tonics and cup of coffee with cream, lemon tea at bedtime.
Another day when self control was low in the face of temptation.

Reactions: maglil55 and Max68

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another grey busy work day but planned more food to keep me going and it did help!
Breakfast one boiled egg with 4 LC hm seeded crackers
Lunch 6 lc hm seeded crackers with a few slices of chorizo and bit of Cornish blue cheese followed by 2 hm lc truffles
Mid pm half a DGF millionaire shortbread
Dinner bolognese with one slice of lc hm garlic bread with glass of dry red wine followed by DGF brownie with yoghurt.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An unexpected sort of day today, plans cancelled as granddaughter poorly so I spent the morning trawling various pharmacies to find one who stocked the item her Gp had prescribed.
Early lunch was another LC Scotch egg with salad of leaves and olives and feta.
Dinner was a large sirloin steak with fried mushrooms, salad of leaves, avocado and a couple of cherry toms. Couple of glasses of red.

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, cheese omelette and mushrooms for breakfast, nothing for lunch had to catchup on a job so worked through, dinner was pork chops green veggies and gravy.

Had a bgl of 3.5 before dinner 6.3 after dinner so pulled up ok, got to be careful of that happening again as I felt alright all afternoon.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee with a few pecans.
Dinner: roast chicken thighs, leafy salad, coleslaw and a small packet of Cheesies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
late morning : 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 monetzumas peanut egg
Then a 90 minute walk. Was chilly.
Tea and h/m brownie with cream on return
D: cabbage and bacon stir fried. One peanut egg with cream

Onlinecaroline

Lunch - 3 eggs mashed in cup with butter, 3 slices of halloumi and a heck sausage.

Dinner - h/m aubergine lasagne followed by 3 squares of green and blacks.

Stomach still feels not quite right but nowhere near as bad as yesterday.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stomach still feels not quite right but nowhere near as bad as yesterday.
Been eating up on those fattbar thingies. They say no sweetners but do use a lot of chicory root, and other, fibres. Seems like that is what has been causing you issues.

Onlinecaroline

Been eating up on those fattbar thingies. They say no sweetners but do use a lot of chicory root, and other, fibres. Seems like that is what has been causing you issues.

Thanks for reading up on it and for letting me know, it was so delicious but not worth the trouble if it is that. Although I suspect it might be a UTI - the slight creeping back pain seems to be starting up which is always a nice treat.

Reactions: DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Long time no post on here, but i think some of you may be interested in my latest trick with the tuna melt batter :)
Today I filled mushrooms with it, very, very good!
Had them with string beans with some (rather thin but very yummy) cheese sauce and bacon.

157723715_10223025936631192_5311176594909555278_o.jpg

It's also my birthday tomorrow (or technically it already is) and presents have arrived already!
I'm very happy with my delivery people. The first one opted not to wake me up and somehow managed to fit a rather large package in my mailbox. I had a hard time prying it out again, which added to the birthday exitement :)
The second delivery person arrived when I wasn't home, but thankfully ignored the rules so my present was at my front door when I came home and not back at the post office or such.

The cat is making sure I won't open my presents until tomorrow :)

And to add to the festive feeling, I've been 99% in range over the last 24 hours!
Now to try and keep that up for the next year :D

upload_2021-3-6_0-40-49.png

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my latest trick with the tuna melt batter :)
Today I filled mushrooms with it, very, very good!
I have big mushrooms for tomorrow, so like this idea. How long did you cook them for?
PS, nice to have you back, hope you stay around this time, and Happy Birthday

Reactions: Max68

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have big mushrooms for tomorrow, so like this idea. How long did you cook them for?
PS, nice to have you back, hope you stay around this time, and Happy Birthday
Thank you, and thank you @Riva_Roxaban for the kind birthday wishes!
I put them in the oven for around 25 minutes, perhaps a tad longer, just as I do with the tuna melts in the muffin tray.

Reactions: Max68

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday @Antje77 !

To stay on topic, yesterday’s food was lunch - was starving having eaten my only meal of Thursday at 1pm - of Nando’s boneless thighs and 3 wings.

Dinner was one brined chicken thigh (taken out of freezer a couple of days before and needed eating) air fried followed by some plain Greek yoghurt.

Very interesting development on the Greek yoghurt front. I recently bought some Fage 0% as it has less carbs per 100g (3) than the Yeo Valley full fat Greek ‘style’ that I usually buy. Really like the Fage and it gives me far less of a rise in BG, even if I eat a ton of it. Yesterday the shop only had the 2% Fage, with slightly more fat (same carbs). It’s nice, but not as nice as the 0% (less tangy), so somewhat unexpectedly I’ll be on the 0% for the foreseeable.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s good to see you @Antje77 and happy birthday greetings from me too. The tuna melt mushrooms look wonderful. Great idea.

Has anyone here a favourite chicken wing marinade? Something simple I might already have ingredients for. I have a big bag in the fridge, I’m usually happy with just s&p and air fryer but I’m in the mood for a change.