1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

It was. The lobsters were not huge which is why I added to it. I coated the mozzarella in a LC crumb. Cut into sticks, dipped in egg then the crumb. Just popped them under the grill.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Steak and goat cheese omelette tomatoes and mushrooms for breakfast, different taste to the omelette using goat cheese.
    Ham and salad with some kimchi in it low carb who;emeal wraps for lunch.
    Pork chops and green veggies, gravy for dinner.

• Like Like x 3
  3. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

4. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

5. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

I use ground almonds. I have a mill attachment for my Kenwood but I'd used ground almonds before too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I was more thinking along the lines of not using almonds at all and only use eggs and crushed pork scratchings. Almonds are expensive as well, and I don't have a kitchen utensil able of grounding almonds.

7. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Just need to be careful not to melt the mozzarella totally. What about golden milled flax?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tori71

Tori71 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
    Lunch, chicken and homemade pickled onion sandwich (22 carbs warburtons wholemeal - ran out of SLC rolls.) Fibre one protein bar
    Dinner, Home made mediterranean chicken . Strawberries and thick cream.
    Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, a square of green and blacks mint.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Onlinecaroline

Onlinecaroline · Well-Known Member

Another OMAD + today.

A quarter of a Matthesons sausage while cooking dinner.

Dinner - aubergine lasagne followed by a few squares of green and blacks mint chocolate with a cuppa.

First set of bloods being done on Tuesday since diagnosis, eek!

• Like Like x 4
  10. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

11 am 3 eggs scrambled. A little ff greek with chia seeds and blueberries
    Mid pm a nut bar
    D: 2 97% sausages, cauliflower with cheese, celeriac chips.
    1 bite of pear 1 sq 100% montezumas.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Brunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 2 slc burger rolls topped with mushrooms, onions, a little burger relish and cheese. 1 DGF strawberries & cream blondie with double cream (not sure if I like this one or not)

• Like Like x 2
  12. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

@Onlinecaroline good luck for your blood tests. Your menus are spot on so I’m sure you’ll have great results.
    Today I had black coffee then went out for a walk with Dennis my mini Schnauzer. The hour long walk I’d planned turned into 3 as I got lost and all Cornish lanes look the same so it was difficult to get my bearings.
    By the time I got home I was starving. I’d defrosted some brined chicken wings so they went straight into the airfryer. Halloumi chips, salad leaves and coleslaw eaten before chicken was done. 0%Fage yoghurt then a DGF cake swiftly followed before I realised I had actually eaten enough.
    Dinner was salmon and cumin roast cauli and spinach with some leftover butter chicken curry sauce I found in the freezer. Glass of white.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Maybe not a bad thing. I was quite glad to discover I didn’t really like the St Clements or the coffee walnut varieties. Stops me impulse buying them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
    Dinner: gammon steak and roasted vegetables followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Not a lucky day, foodwise.
    When cooking yesterday I also made two small tuna melt things in the oven to eat for lunch today. Which of course I only remembered after having my low carb bread lunch.

For my evening meal I filled the other portobello with a nice mixture of fried onion, bell pepper, Turkish sausage and gorgonzola. I made my fathers garlic carrots to go with it. Despite really looking forward to the carrots, they tasted horrible, and not a clue what I did wrong. I then found out I did something wrong with the timer for the oven. The portobello hadn't burnt, but there was not much left of the actual mushroom. Had it with the forgotten tuna melt things reheated in the microwave. The carrots went in the bin.

Lets hope for more enjoyable food tomorrow!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  16. annabell1

annabell1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Tuesday

Sourdough toast with home-made ricotta cheese.

Did you know if you bring milk and buttermilk together it forms curds and ends up becoming ricotta cheese

Dinner

I can't remember

Wednesday

Bacon and scrambled eggs on buttered sourdough toast black coffee

Dinner slow cooked lamb breast with baked potatoes and rocket salad

Today

Breakfast two slices of toasted buttered sourdough bread with boiled eggs 2 black coffee

Snack 1/2 pink lady apple

Dinner baked chicken wings and potato with tabouleh.

Glass of Ginger beer don't normally drink sugary soft drink but had one tonight with dinner.

1 plum
    IMG_20210406_192312_582.jpg IMG_20210405_125914_866.jpg IMG_20210405_125914_891.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tori71

Tori71 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
    Lunch, chicken and homemade pickled onion sandwich . Fibre one protein bar
    Dinner, Chicken fajitas with greek ff yoghurt, grated cheese on a carbzone wrap . Strawberries and home made no carbs lime posset.
    Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi, a square of green and blacks mint.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Onlinecaroline

Onlinecaroline · Well-Known Member

Lunch - 2 slice of SLC bread with butter and corn beef

Dinner - pulled pork with G Hughes sugar free BBQ sauce, homemade guacamole, spoonful of yoghurt, cheese and jalapeños.

Predictably a DGF brownie. I cannot get enough of the strawberries and cream flavour it feels like a custard slice.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

They've changed bin day here but wasn't expecting to be woken at silly o'clock as well! Used to be 2pm but no longer.
    An excuse for breakfast 9f ff greek with seedsand blueberries and a bit of cheese.
    Exercise class
    Lc soda bread with 30g pate and 30g cream cheese
    Then a 2 hour hilly walk
    6 pecan nuts
    D: gammon with swede, celeriac and carrots and celery aka bottom of the fridge stew.

Bg levels being silly, waking and throughout the day. No reason. Grrr!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding and a spoonful of LC chocolate granola.
    Dinner: broccoli bolognese followed by a Carb Killa white chocolate cookie choc ice.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook