What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
The low carb carrot cake! Recipe from ditch the carbs website.
IMG_3691.jpg
IMG_3687.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bottled like yours, or sometimes from the chiller cabinets in the supermarket - they have them in little pots with feta cheese.
Thanks for that, will give give it a try next time we cook chilli con carne.

Reactions: DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg omelette, two bbq sausages, tomatoes for breakfast.
Small tub of chobani 15% protein greek yoghurt, half a mandarin, usual lemon lime cordial OsomoLax drink for smoko.
Belly pork slices, and green veggies, gravy for lunch.
Cold chicken leg (maryland), orange jelly and a couple small sponsful of two fruits fo supper at six.

Four bits of salty liqourice watching The Expanse on Prime Video last night.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast then did a 2 hour walk trying to atone for yesterday's carbs.
Then ruined it by having a small portion of yesterday's chips reheated with some chorizo and cheese
D: lovely pub meal of onglet steak served with roast tomatoes mushrooms and salad. Got them to swap the chips for buttered kale, which was the nicest I've ever had.
4 mouthfuls of hubbys apricot, date and walnut pudding. Told him off for not stopping me at 2 :hungry:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee and cream x 2

Mid morning: 2 hard boiled eggs and a chilled Starbucks oat latte (9g carbs as lactose free)

Mid afternoon: tuna Mayo salad

Then I made a low carb carrot cake and ate two small slices (8g) (one as a snack one as pudding after dinner)

Dinner: Nando’s homemade chicken salad

Cup of tea with splash of milk and 1 square of Lindt 70% dark choc.

Total carbs around 26g and my levels have finally reached 8. This is only day two of lowering carbs/aiming for keto so I’m really happy with this.

You’re doing really well - the carrot cake looks amazing.

Reactions: lcarter

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast at 1 pm: 4 small rashers of streaky bacon and 3 fried eggs

Not expecting to have another meal today but I do have a few raspberries left to finish up before they go off so I might have them with some yoghurt for supper.

Yesterday, I didn't bother hunting around for any food after breakfast. I just had a couple of Jacobs' crackers with a small piece of cheddar that was languishing in the cheese box.

It makes me wonder why, then, I put on an extra pound in weight this week.

Last edited:

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Morning. Black tea, two black coffees.
12pm. Garlicky, buttery mushrooms on 1 slice of HiLo toast.
3pm. M & S nutty wholefood salad, small fig, piece of cheese. Earl Grey tea.
Evening. Prawn egg foo yung, strawberries.
Still hungry at 8pm so 5 Ryvita rosemary and salt crispbreads with butter and cheese and a glass of pinot grigio.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday 16 September bed 7.6 FBG 7.9 - a wee bit behind again.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing
D. A really weird mish mash again. A spoonful of Hubby's tuna mayo he was having with baked potato, 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, SLC sandwich with roast beef, mustard and tomato and mini mozzarella. I enjoyed it though.

I now have a long weekend. No school until Tuesday!

Friday bed 7.9 FBG 7.8

First day of my long weekend. Finally had the time to go visit SIL who is doing fine but still trying to tie a zillion things up. A bit of shopping on the way home then decisions, decisions again.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Philly.
L. A SLC not cross bun at SIL's with a black tea.
D. Aubergine parmigiana. Grenade Ice cream bar.

I also had 2 orange gins with zero lemonade which was very relaxing!

Saturday bed 6.4 bed 6.9 - gin obviously had a beneficial effect!

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken.

L. Nothing took hubby to meet up with football mates and I went for weekly shop. Got back home, unloaded and put shopping away, about 15 mins to myself then back to town to pick hubby up after the match.

D. Cold cut selection again. Slice each ox tongue, roast pork, wafer thin beef and the mini German sausage. Lettuce, 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, mini mozzarella and a few walnuts. Grenade Ice cream bar.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 I couldn’t agree more about the de-stressing effects of swimming, especially in the open air. Hope it helps tomorrow.
Didn’t intend to have breakfast today but the latest ‘accidental’ order of DGF cakes arrived mid morning so had one with my coffee.
Lunch: scrambled eggs on low carb marmite toast ( snap @Rachox )
Dinner: air fried pork chop and Heck sausages with broccoli. Another DGF cake with a couple of raspberries and cream.
Edit for typo
Sadly the 3 outdoor pools we had within reach all disappeared in the mid 90's. They were fun as well with the wave machines. One has apartments on it, the other 2 I'm not sure. I guess that's why wild swimming is so popular.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hungry day today
Breakfast one sausage, slice of bacon , egg and mushroom with one slice of hm lc toast
Lunch one half slice of lc bread with cheese followed by a few raspberries from garden and 0% fage yoghurt
Mid pm four squares of 90% lindt choc - a couple of bars still left in cupboard, maybe need to not add more to my online shopping this week trouble is it’s on offer still, a real temptation !
Dinner roast chicken, green beans and one roast potato followed by DGF coffee and walnut cake. Plus two glasses of dry white wine.

CearaRed1073

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
onions, cheeseburgers, diabetes, colors of red, yellow, and orange, houston (too big and WAY too much traffic, not nearly enough public transportation)
dealing with pneumonia for past two weeks; eating is nauseating and i've lost some weight recently.

today: coffee with sugar-free creamer

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with Linwoods new Crunchy Seed clusters left in overnight to see how they fared. Was OK. They taste quite honey when eaten as a topper or a snack. A recommended portion is only 20g and left overnight they made a very filling breakfast.
L: hard boiled egg, salami, mayo and salad
Then a 10k walk, further than planned due to footpath being blocked by young cows - not safe with dogs
D: an egg, cheese and salami with salad and mayo. Yog with walnuts, cream and 90% choc
One glass rose

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and phd Smart bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and DGF cake.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was the first time I can remember when I actually felt miserable about myLC way of eating. Not because I am craving any carby foods, I wouldn’t eat them again in a million years, it’s just being apart from everyone else.
Granddaughters bday today so all the family were invited round for her favourite breakfast of croissants. I could have taken myself something so I could ‘join in’ but decided black coffee was a normal breakfast for me so I wouldn’t eat.
Late lunch at a roller skating rink - everyone else ate hot dogs and burgers. I’d made myself a couple of lc scotch eggs to take with me. I just felt fed up being different.
I’d cheered up by dinner- t/a curry - I had tandoori mixed grill and 2 glasses of wine.
Back to normal routine tomorrow.

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small piece of steak, two eggs, mucshrooms, and small portion of baked beans for breakfast.
Small tub of chobani 15% protein greek yoghurt, glss of cordial mix.
Two baked hogget shoulder chops, veggies, gravy, tub of sugar free green jelly for lunch.
Two slices of low carb cheese on toast, for supper at six.