What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Day 1 of Week 2 of 800 Calories Week Blood Sugar Diet - FBG: 5.1 :)

Breakfast: Asda Greek Yoghurt and sugar free Monin syrup

Lunch: Lidl Lobster Bisque soup

Work meal (which I'm cooking for everyone - I always get to cook the Sunday roasts if I'm working this shift): Roast chicken, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, green beans, a few carrots and gravy.

Reactions: 7 people

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
B: Nothing at all yet, trying to find something I can have for breakfast. - with no carbs.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All!

B: coffeencream
L: crustless quiche and kale crisps (special deal 12 pack from amazon at vastly reduced price, but they ballsed up and sent me just 1 pack. :( currently battling with language barrier to Germany to explain their error. Am sure it will all get sorted. Amazon retailers are usually pretty reliable). Enjoyed them. Very peppery.
D: Hecks sausages, cauli cheese and feta stuffed peppers.
- relieving my guilt at no greenery at D, by the kale crisps. Are you convinced? Don't think I am! lol

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
B: Nothing at all yet, trying to find something I can have for breakfast. - with no carbs.
I just replied to your other thread about breakfasts. You don't have to have breakfast if you don't want it. Some people just don't like eating too early.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
B: Scrambled eggs
L; 50g chicken &salad, raspberries & cream (Ohhhh - they were sooooooo good!)
D: Steak, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower cheese muffins (mashed cauliflower, grated cheddar & parmesan, egg, baked in muffin tins. 110 cals 1.7g carbs each)
1428 cals, 39.9g carbs
Tested at fasting, before and 2 hours after each meal today and got 5s across the board. Very chuffed.
Hi debrasue going to try your cheese muffins sounds delicious how long do you bake yours?

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

Hi debrasue going to try your cheese muffins sounds delicious how long do you bake yours?
170oC for about 30 minutes. (It sounds a long time, but I find they don't come out of the muffin tins very easily if you bake them for less time. Oh, and this is for a fan oven. If yours isn't fan-assisted, they may take a little longer.)
They are also yummy with spring onions and/or bacon, but of course that increases the calories and carbs!
The same mixture makes a great potato-free topping for a cottage pie.
Enjoy! :)

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
I just replied to your other thread about breakfasts. You don't have to have breakfast if you don't want it. Some people just don't like eating too early.
But I want it - I want IT!!! Oh well, at least the coffee is keeping most of the pangs at bay.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yesterdays:
B: mixed seeds, ground flaxseeds, full fat yogurt
L: cucumber, port salut cheese, few mixed nuts
D: (more gossiping than eating) low carb salad, scooped out the cauliflower cheese from a pastry shell and double helping of green beans (swapped fries for green beans)

Reactions: 6 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Bacon, sausage, tomato and fried egg

D. Steak cooked in gravy with mushrooms and onion, served with sprouts, cauliflower, carrots and peas

S. Watermelon

Reactions: 12 people
D

debrasue

B: 2 fried eggs on 2 thin slices of almond bread
L: Half a tin of pink salmon, celery, cucumber, salad leaves, Greek yoghurt and Monin sugar-free Caramel syrup
D (will be): Roast chicken, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower cheese muffin, and more cauliflower! Raspberries & cream
Struggling with it a bit today - readings are all in the 6s but I am fighting a sugar craving (hence the Monin syrup) and feeling really hungry for some reason.
Sticking with it, though!

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - mashed avocado on half a Lidl roll
L - home made burger
D - roast chicken breast on Tesco Mediterranean veg in olive oil
S - coffee & cream, pork scratchings

That's after two quite naughty days which, if the testing strips are to be believed, have put me out of ketosis.

D

debrasue

Day 7 of Week 1 of 800 Calories Week Blood Sugar Diet - FBG: 5.3 :)
Weight loss: 9lbs! This isn't as good as it sounds though - it does include the 5lbs I temporarily put on while I was on holiay.

Breakfast: Asda Greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of Monin hazelnut sugar free syrup (nowhere near as nice as the Lidl Turkish)

Work Lunch: Two boiled eggs and three slices of ham

Dinner: Wild Venison, roast celeriac, broccoli and asparagus plus some red wine gravy/sauce I made with the venison drippings (what there were of them)

Supper: Moser Roth chocolate from Aldi
I'm packing a bag and coming over! Your menu sounds delicious!!!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 fried eggs on 2 thin slices of almond bread
L: Half a tin of pink salmon, celery, cucumber, salad leaves, Greek yoghurt and Monin sugar-free Caramel syrup
D (will be): Roast chicken, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower cheese muffin, and more cauliflower! Raspberries & cream
Struggling with it a bit today - readings are all in the 6s but I am fighting a sugar craving (hence the Monin syrup) and feeling really hungry for some reason.
Sticking with it, though!

When you get carb/sugar cravings, you need to BURY them.
If you don't, then sooner or later they will get you!
lol.

My best foods for killing the cravings are these:
Cubes of full fat cheese
A stock cube in a mug of boiling water with a dash of double cream (instant cream of chicken soup)
Coffee with cream
A Full English Fry Up
A LC roast dinner (no mash, yorkies or roasties)
Berries and cream
A low carb hot choc drink (recipe below)

The goal is for your body to feel so full, and so satisfied, mainly because of the protein and fat in what you have eaten, that it smothers those silly scritchy little niggly cravings. Bury them under proper food, in decent portions, with good rich satisfying cream, butter, protein and stuff you enjoy. Don't stint on the portions.

It is much better to eat a few extra gorgeously satisfying low carb calories than to fall off the low carb wagon and have to claw your way back onto it in a day, a week or a month...

Low Carb Hot Choc
Boil kettle.
Add a heaped teasp of good quality cocoa powder to a big mug
Add 1.5 ish heaped teasp of sugar substitute to mug
Make the powders into a paste with a dribble of water (get rid of the lumps)
Add boiling water and stir until smooth
Top up with double cream.
Add caramel, lemon, orange or mint essences, if desired
Enjoy

All quantities adjustable

Reactions: 5 people
D

debrasue

When you get carb/sugar cravings, you need to BURY them.
If you don't, then sooner or later they will get you!
lol.

My best foods for killing the cravings are these:
Cubes of full fat cheese
A stock cube in a mug of boiling water with a dash of double cream (instant cream of chicken soup)
Coffee with cream
A Full English Fry Up
A LC roast dinner (no mash, yorkies or roasties)
Berries and cream
A low carb hot choc drink (recipe below)

The goal is for your body to feel so full, and so satisfied, mainly because of the protein and fat in what you have eaten, that it smothers those silly scritchy little niggly cravings. Bury them under proper food, in decent portions, with good rich satisfying cream, butter, protein and stuff you enjoy. Don't stint on the portions.

It is much better to eat a few extra gorgeously satisfying low carb calories than to fall off the low carb wagon and have to claw your way back onto it in a day, a week or a month...

Low Carb Hot Choc
Boil kettle.
Add a heaped teasp of good quality cocoa powder to a big mug
Add 1.5 ish heaped teasp of sugar substitute to mug
Make the powders into a paste with a dribble of water (get rid of the lumps)
Add boiling water and stir until smooth
Top up with double cream.
Add caramel, lemon, orange or mint essences, if desired
Enjoy

All quantities adjustable
Oh, thank you @Brunneria - those are some GOOOOOD strategies! The kettle's boiling already for the cream of chicken soup and the hot chocolate will be for bedtime! :)
I'll be having the roast dinner shortly, and I've included raspberries and cream.

Reactions: 5 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: crispy bacon straight out of a packet (Sainsbury), cup of tea.
L: mushroom and pea masala, hot cross bun.
D: cauliflower cheese.
S: water,

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: nothing
L: roasted vegetables (aubergine, courgette, pepper, leek, 2 cherry tomatoes) grilled halloumi, square of 85% dark chocolate
D: raw green pepper, single Gloucestershire cheese and gouda cheese, few mixed nuts

Reactions: 8 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: chocolate brownie mug cake. Wasn't nice. Ate half and threw the rest away :yuck:
L: Ugg bread toast, eggs, bacon
D: venison sausages, cauli & mushroom bake; orange and choc jelly:)

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 3 x tbsp. Greek yoghurt with linseed mix, 1x tbsp. oat flakes (as per making porridge), handful each of blueberries and raspberries and four (count them) sultanas. Each tiny burst of sweetness is an unexpected surprise.
L: 1/3 small tub hummus mixed with Sainsbury's 4-bean salad
D: Grilled pork chop, carrots, shredded cabbage, courgette slices fried in olive oil with garlic, gravy. Apple (remainder of the Canasta tribe went 70s retro, with butterscotch Angel Delight, banana and grated chocolate on top). Small piece of Moser Roth dark chocolate.

Could anyone give me a rough idea of the carb/calorie count of that lot (excluding the Angel Delight etc that I didn't have)?

Reactions: 9 people

KayeStevenson

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 3 x tbsp. Greek yoghurt with linseed mix, 1x tbsp. oat flakes (as per making porridge), handful each of blueberries and raspberries and four (count them) sultanas. Each tiny burst of sweetness is an unexpected surprise.
L: 1/3 small tub hummus mixed with Sainsbury's 4-bean salad
D: Grilled pork chop, carrots, shredded cabbage, courgette slices fried in olive oil with garlic, gravy. Apple (remainder of the Canasta tribe went 70s retro, with butterscotch Angel Delight, banana and grated chocolate on top). Small piece of Moser Roth dark chocolate.

Could anyone give me a rough idea of the carb/calorie count of that lot (excluding the Angel Delight etc that I didn't have)?

Butterscotch instant whip...swoon!