What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It was my lucky day!

My cleaning help came this morning and brought asparagus, because 'she had too many'.
I have no idea how such a thing can happen but I won't complain! :D

She brought 6 very fat asparagus so I decided to have 3 today and 3 tomorrow because I'd already taken a double pack of burgers from the freezer yesterday.
Had the asparagus with a mashed turkey egg (making them sound even more exclusive :hilarious:) with butter and salt and pepper, and the burger with some pointed cabbage, sautéed with cream cheese and sambal badjak.

277798986_10225351860737841_4139108623261420975_n.jpg

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blowy cold day today - looking after youngest sons dog for a week or so and we got blown around while walking but avoided going into the forest until tommorow when the wind hopefully drops.
Mid am a few spoons of my hm yoghurts
lunch two boiled eggs ( dog likes boiled eggs so he had one too and practically inhaled it so he could stare at me while I ate mine! followed by a few berries and hm yoghurt and four squares of 100% yoghurt
mid pm frozen LC cookie - thankfully only one left wont be buying any more they are too tempting and I really try not to eat snacks between meals.If not available I tend not to do it!!
Dinner venison steak wrapped in parma ham with cauliflower mash followed by lc brownie and spoon of hm yoghurt.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a PE bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: tuna melts with Brussels, broccoli and a couple of small carrots followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: full fat greek with berries and seeds
Mid morning: small handful nuts
Exercise class
L: camembert with seedy crackers. Had picked the cheese up in Waitrose. It was 6 individual portions of 30g each. Thought I'd eat one, but scoffed 5!
Windy, hilly, haily walk
D: chicken and mushrooms in a cheats sauce made using condensed soup. Scoop ice cream to finish

RosemaryJackson

Events as traumatic as these can only be handled in whatever way suits you. Some people need the comfort of food, quite legitimately, and others can't eat at all, and that's right for them. Whatever it takes to get you through a difficult time, is right. If you feel able now to get back to a lower carb way of eating, that's fine but if it takes longer - then take longer.

What you've planned for today looks pretty good to me.

Events as traumatic as these can only be handled in whatever way suits you. Some people need the comfort of food, quite legitimately, and others can't eat at all, and that's right for them. Whatever it takes to get you through a difficult time, is right. If you feel able now to get back to a lower carb way of eating, that's fine but if it takes longer - then take longer.

What you've planned for today looks pretty good to me.

thank you

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and two egg and cheese omelette, button mushroom, two slices of low carb toast and vegimite.
Two cold hard boiled eggs sprinkled with chicken salt.
Roast blade roast, veggies, gravy, orange / osmolax jelly for lunch.
Toasted low carb cheese and onion sandwiches for supper at six.

Four or five Arnott's chocolate mint biscuits watching the last episodes of Family Man on Prime.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breakfast
Slice of Sourdough toasted with butter and 2 eggs scrambled washed down with 2 mugs of black coffee

Dinner made grilled miso salad served with peanut slaw bassmati rice and scooped up the salmon using roasted seaweed wasabi and Kewpie mayonnaise

Updated

had a slice of home-made plum cobbler with some some mascarpone cheese

IMG_20220408_190125_084.jpg
20220408_184720.jpg

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 7th)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Creamy garlic chicken thighs, onions, mushrooms
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (6pm): Wendy’s burger with the side of fries swapped for a cup of chili
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers

Walked 3.24km to bring my YTD total to 452.12km.

I also seem to have injured my right foot, can’t put much pressure on the ball behind my right toe. I think the running shoes that I thought were almost worn out, are in fact worn out. Hopefully ice and rest gets me back on track soon.

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mid am couple of spoons of my hm yoghurts- as usual to take with my daily supplements some of which need fat, I take vitamins d3 and K2 plus magnesium
Lunch two boiled eggs followed by hm yoghurts and spoon of hm stewed rhubarb and four squares of 100% chocolate
Mid pm - last of my frozen lc cookies, not planning to buy anymore of them too tempting to have as an unplanned snack!
Dinner - salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and British asparagus with glass of dry white wine followed by sf jelly and spoon of hm yoghurt.
Going to have a go at making a new hm yoghurt tomorrow using Yakut as a starter will be interesting to see how it turns out but as it needs to ferment for 36 hours will be a few days before report back on it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: Brie sandwiches, made with LC bread with a smidge of cranberry sauce with coleslaw followed by DGF lemon drizzle cake with cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and berries
BIG supermarket shop, lots of store cupboard things. Just one pack 6 hotcross buns (to have between 3 of us over 4 days) and 1 pack grown up chocolates ditto. Felt that was quite reserved of me amongst all the Easter marketing.
L: 2 chicken thighs, 3 seedy crackers and a 30g chunk of camembert.
D: 1 bratwurst sausage with a little cabbage and carrot. 2 sqs raspberry chocolate

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms, refried leftover veggie for breakfast.
Chicken pie without the lid for smoko.
Grilled spanish mackerel, low carb spudlites chips.
Tin of chunky beef soup, two slices of low carb toast for supper at six.

Danish blue cheese on crispbreads before a glass of single malt whisky, and streaming ABC Jazz in bed as a early night called.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was a bacon sandwich with wholemeal bread (Em just had bacon and tomato ketchup).

Em grazed throughout the day until her Dad came to take her home for dinner but I didn't have anything else. I'm currently making some vegetable soup but shan't have any of it tonight - maybe for breakfast tomorrow. It's a bit late for food now - 10.30 pm.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 8th)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Two pieces of salmon
Snack (3pm): Black coffee
Dinner (6pm): Sirloin steak (grilled), salad of tomatoes and cucumbers
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers and handful of peanuts

No walking on the treadmill yesterday, my foot is still really bothering me :(

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Home made baked beans on wholemeal toast. Still another portion of beans left from the batch that I baked a few days ago but it was the end slice of the loaf. I guess I'll have to make another one. Not expecting to eat anything else today. What I had wasn't exactly low carb, but it won't have been more than about 30 or 40 grams carb and the vegetables in the baked beans were reasonably nutritious, so for a single meal, it is probably OK. Not very many calories either, but none of this is getting the weight down.

Legs even worse than usual, as is my left arm and shoulder. Not sure if that is arthritis or something else. Might try to get to see the GP. Had my 4th anti-covid jab on Thursday and feeling a bit under the weather. Might be connected, might not.

News on my brother not so good last night, but this is how it's been going - good news, bad news, a bit forward, then dropping back. He's still having to be sedated and still on oxygen, although the tubes are out. I only hope that he is not, in any way, aware of anything, otherwise he would be in some kind of private hell. His wife is worn out and suffering badly with stress now. Whatever we expected, it was not this drawn out limbo of not quite recovery.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early yoga so no breakfast and an early lunch.
L: 2 scrambled eggs with a leftover bratwurst from last night. A keto nut. A chunk of pecorino cheese which was soooo salty. Coffee with cream and a mint tea and a glass of water.
Loads of gardening
Mid afternoon another ketonut (last of my mother's day gift)
Off out tonight for a posh curry. Looked at menu on line, not sure what I'll have. Thinking not drinking alcohol might be swapped for more carbs.