What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sardines on low carb toast for breakfast.
Pork chops, mixed veggies, butter muchroom gravy foe lunch.
Chicken Lhaksa soup for supper at six.

Mug of black billy tea, no sweeteners before I wnro to bed

Regardn beetroot, I like both fresh cooked and out of a tin.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Bacon for breakfast. That's the last of the pack so I hope Neil can get some more tomorrow when he goes shopping for me. We were in town late for Monday's shopping because I had an appointment in the afternoon to get my legs rebandaged. So many of the shelves were empty. Tomorrow he will go early.

I was telling the nurse that the prescription still hadn't been sent to our local pharmacy, as requested so she checked. It was sent to one in the town by mistake and they have the stockings on order, so I'll have to wait a while and then see if Alistair can go and collect them for me. Just a bit more awkward - can't expect folk, especially administration staff (my bugbear since many of them are my ex-students and I taught them better) to get things right.

Anyway - it's another week and another lot of bandaging and no showering.

2nd meal will be cauliflower mash with some corned beef and other veggies mixed through it - a kind of odd cauli-cannon, I suppose.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone, afraid MIA again!
Back to Monday and all brekkies were slice of LC toast, good butter, lots of tea.
Lunch was slice of turkey, salad, spoon coleslaw, few pickled silverskins.
Supper was a really delish Spanish type omelette using some of my bro’s h/g potatoes already cooked in their jackets then peeled and chopped added to buttery chorizo and oc eggs. I had two small pots in mine and it was a very tasty and worth the risk for the flavour.
Lunch yesterday was same as Mon except replaced the turkey with Emmenthal. Supper was small portion of chilli beef with green beans.
Lunch today will involve an avocado that needs eating, maybe mashed on LC toast.
Supper will be two Green Cuisine plant burgers topped Portobello mushrooms and baked in oven. @maglil55 that mushroom soup looked divine, looking forward to soup days when its chilly weather. The only soup that has ever defeated me was cauliflower soup, never again! One of my faves is Leek & Broccoli whizzed to a thick emulsion.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday 17 August - bed & FBG both 6.6. All this mushroom soup seems to be beneficial. @PenguinMum - it is indeed delicious but I've decided it is time to bag and freeze what's left (which is quite a few portions.) Guess what I had today though?

B. TAG and another 2 slices of SLC toast with Philly.

L. Nothing - grandson was home from school for lunch.

D. Yes, yet another bowl of the chicken and mushroom soup. I did change my sandwich to ox tongue and Philly.

First day back at school went well and we had no reason to worry about eldest going to senior school. He loves it and seems to have matured overnight. He still wants to come to me for lunch but he's also mentioned there are lunch clubs he wants to go to. It looks like eventually it won't be every day. Younger one is feeling quite important too as his Classroom is on the 3rd floor and he enters via the big kids door! Ah the simple joys.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a phd bar.
Dinner: salmon with lemon and dill sauce, Brussels, green beans and carrot followed by SF raspberry jelly and cream.

1A694692-D879-4486-B1A2-E413B32FF38D.jpeg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beetroot juice, tonic water and wodka sounds quite nice to me to be honest!
Never thought of using it as a mixer for alcohol before.:D. It does reduce my Blood pressure, which is more of an issue than any small increase in blood glucose at the moment.
I didn’t feel much like eating yesterday, so one meal in evening, apart from coffees, black iced coffees. Until evening, shredded white cabbage fried with onion,topped with beef bolognaise sauce, and grated cheddar. My cocktail of beetroot juice with sugar free tonic.

Today
Breakfast: Fage full fat yogurt, blueberries, walnuts black coffee.
Lunch: some left over bolognaise from yesterday and a slicebof grilled halloumi. Weird combo, but didn’t want to waste it.
Dinner: spinach omelette, salmon, beetroot and tonic cocktail (that will confuse the nurse when I hand over my pee specimen in the morning. :D

As a possible derail… I have been given huge sack of spinach, that has overgrown a bit compared to the spinach I am used to. Leaves the size of rhubarb leaves, stalks a bit woody. Used some in omelette, it didn’t wilt down much. So, any suggestions for simple recipes to use it up? Was thinking of something with slow cooked lamb, but all suggestions welcome.

oops perhapps this needs to be in the chatty thread instead.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dinner: spinach omelette, salmon, beetroot and tonic cocktail (that will confuse the nurse when I hand over my pee specimen in the morning. :D
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I have been given huge sack of spinach, that has overgrown a bit compared to the spinach I am used to. Leaves the size of rhubarb leaves, stalks a bit woody. Used some in omelette, it didn’t wilt down much. So, any suggestions for simple recipes to use it up? Was thinking of something with slow cooked lamb, but all suggestions welcome.
Sounds good with slow cooked lamb!
I'd chop it first, that way the stalks are just small pieces.

I finally made my "quick and easy" cheesy creamy leek soup, forgetting no recipe is quick when it involves chopping onions and cleaning and cutting leeks and peeling garlic cloves. Especially not when you decide you want tiny meatballs in your soup instead of just adding the minced meat to it.
Still, happy with my soup!

I seem incapable of making a sensible portion of soup, no matter what kind of soup it is, I always end up with a huge pot. So I'll have soup the next two days as well, and transferred half of the soup to a freezer container before adding cream and cheese, I'll add that after thawing.
I also found there was no way the container would fit in my freezer. It's two drawers under the fridge and it's crammed.
Thankfully neighbour-in-the-garden has his two freezers in my barn, and although they are pretty full as well, I managed to steal a corner for my soup. :)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a stressful unplanned day today so here's what I remember
Mid morning: 2 scrambled eggs, and a chunk of camembert
Cwc
1:30 3 seedy crackers with camembert. 1 lc hm ice cream, choc avo and raspberries, was sooo much better than it sounds
Cwc
16:00 a large handful nuts
19:00 lamb meatballs with salad and tzatiki . 2 glasses white with a lot of soda. Small bit camembert, 1 sq 85%

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, two eggs, and some fried up veggies for breakfast.
Grilled rump steak, miaxed salad for lunch.
Chicken wings in "buffalo" sauce for supper at six.

Still abit cool for eating salads but the warmer weather is just around the corner.:D

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Don't think I posted yesterday but as I fell off the carb wagon, maybe it's better I don't remember? Today I have had a @MrsA2 savoury thingy for bf, very tasty. For lunch I have an 'Ovenbuster'. It's A very large, thick slice of beef, flat bone in. My old butcher always gave them that name and I've no idea what the proper name is. I will have runner beans and broccoli with it. I have a large bone for bone broth for gravy. Fingers crossed!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Don't think I posted yesterday but as I fell off the carb wagon, maybe it's better I don't remember? Today I have had a @MrsA2 savoury thingy for bf, very tasty. For lunch I have an 'Ovenbuster'. It's A very large, thick slice of beef, flat bone in. My old butcher always gave them that name and I've no idea what the proper name is. I will have runner beans and broccoli with it. I have a large bone for bone broth for gravy. Fingers crossed!!
Bone in sirloin?

That's what I've got! I'll post pics later.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our butcher calls them "Jacob's Ladders". Full of flavour, and a bone for broth, as suggested. We have to ask him to leave the fat on when we order.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tough day. No food wanted until this evening. Cauliflower cheese with slices of pork.followed by my beetroot juice and tonic cocktail, which does appear to be beneficial to my blood pressure.