What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Wednesday...

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: two grilled rashers of bacon and one dry fried egg

Dinner: 140g turkey breast, cauliflower, romanesco, runner beans, gravy and no sugar cranberry sauce

Snack: a few salted peanuts

Drinks: the usual.... Black decaff coffee until lunch time then sparkling mineral water

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just use cider vinegar for homemade bone broth and mayonnaise.
Did try to drink it, but... just couldn't. No matter how dilute it was I didn't have the self control to overcome the gag reflex!

Found a recipe for a drink that had a dash of cider vinegar and some cranberry juice in sparkling water, but still couldn't stomach that, either!

Reactions: shoesy24

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not very well planned today - two lots of chicken.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - completely forgetting that chicken was on the menu for dinner, headed to Nando's. Plain chicken leg with salad.

Dinner - on the recommendation of a friend tried M&S chicken souvlaki kebabs. Two skewers and half of the mint and yoghurt dressing come to 3.3 carbs. Very tasty. Served with tenderstem broccoli tips and followed up with raspberries and cream and 2 squares Lindt 90%.

Drinks - tea, Diet Coke and lots of water.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Breakfast - none

Lunch - completely forgetting that chicken was on the menu for dinner, headed to Nando's. Plain chicken leg with salad.

Dinner - on the recommendation of a friend tried M&S chicken souvlaki kebabs. Two skewers and half of the mint and yoghurt dressing come to 3.3 carbs. Very tasty. Served with tenderstem broccoli tips and followed up with raspberries and cream and 2 squares Lindt 90%.

As my hubby says "you canny beat chicken". We were in the huge M&S today at the Gyle and one of the many things I left with was the lime and coriander chicken flatties.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Breakfast - none

Nowt wrong with a bit of chook - provided its not a pink fluffy one. ;)

Reactions: ziggy_w

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
B: 1 slice toasted cheese.
L: 1 slice cold pork, green beans, spoonful of mixed chopped carrots & turnip, boiled new potato.
D: Lettuce, celery, 1/2 tomato, cottage cheese, small leftover slice pork, cube cheddar cheese, spoon cheese coleslaw.
Drinks: Black tea, small diet coke. cup instant coffee with dash of milk.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scram egg and bacon with a coffeesubstitute and cream.
L: a kind nut bar
D: bolognese sauce with grated cheese on top. Getting tired of it now. :) Discussion in another thread reminded me about the joys of green smoothies. Wistful sigh. I have some spinach, courgettes, some frozen avocados, berries and kefir, so i may make one before the evening gets much longer...

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Busy day - nursery and school run then straight to the dentist with Hubby who was so happy he fell into my trap and ended up at the huge M&S with me. After a lot of retail therapy breakfast became a very late lunch......bed 5.4 FBG 5.5 and pre breakfast at 1.36pm was 6.4.
B/L Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Felt sick so ended up with a cold chicken drumstick first followed by lettuce, 3 bistro tomatoes, 4 mozzarella pearls, 20g cornish cove cheese, fresh anchovies and a tablespoon of prawns.
Marigold Swiss bouillon.
D. Leftover Thai red curry from yesterday and 2 squares Lindt 90%.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmmm

I am out of practice with the green smoothies, plus this kefir batch is thick. The smoothie ended up like a soft scoop ice cream, and I ate it with a teaspoon.

Uh-oh
looks like this is back on the menu.

My frozen ingredients + water + kefir made a litre, which gives 3 large glasses. So that is dessert today, breakfast tomorrow, and then another glass later in the day tomorrow. 15g carbs per glass, but they never used to spike me, and with a Libre sensor on I shall be able to monitor very closely :D

Reactions: ziggy_w and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
And I have a spatchcock Chook for Friday with Jerk seasoning on it (yet another purchase from the mega M&S). It will get done in the Instant Pot.

Spatchcocked Chook - ouch!

shoesy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got a 5.7...

breakfast was porridge with chia seeds. Went up to 11.3 from 9.6

Lunch was leftovers from my (nearly 2 yr old) eggs cott cheese baked beans.

Then baked a cake for my sisters bday on Monday.

Dinner breaded lemon sole and cauliflower. And small glass of water.

Need to get active more. More than running after my son in the park.

Dont know how i managed a 5.7 just now downed water and then another glass with apple cider vinegar. Much more diluted. Nicer. Actually no after taste.
Night night.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday ...

Breakfast: Two cups of double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Half a home-made low-carb roll with mayonnaise and smoked sockeye salmon.

Lunch: Nothing.

Afternoon: One glass of red wine.

Dinner: Celeriac-broccoli mash, roasted eggplant and bellpepper, lamb and two squares of 85% Feodora chocolate.

Reactions: Goonergal

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thursday...

Lunch: two rashers grilled bacon and one dry fried egg

Dinner: Two grilled low carb sausages, half a tin of baked beans, half a Lidl protein roll and some grilled mushrooms

Drinks: The usual - black decaff until lunch then sparkling mineral water until bed time

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Friday...

Lunch: Two egg sweet vanilla omelette with lemon juice

Dinner: 'Mum's salad' - a family standard - called 'Mum's Salad' because Mr Chook's Mum always prepares this for us every time we visit (for the last 20+ years!).
Ham, cheese (brie), boiled egg, lettuce, tomato, red onion, small beetroot, Hellmann's Lighter than Light mayo

Drinks: Black decaff coffee until lunch time then sparkling mineral water until bed time. No TFI Friday wine today... :(