What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. Today's food
B. Raspberries with Greek style yoghurt
L. Piece of Camambert and piece of Cornish cheddar
T. Egg mayonnaise, green basil pesto, Brussels pate and a slice of Sukrin bread.
Quantity wise I have had very little so if I am hungry later I will have some more raspberries with yoghurt. :)

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello. Today's food
B. Raspberries with Greek style yoghurt
L. Piece of Camambert and piece of Cornish cheddar
T. Egg mayonnaise, green basil pesto, Brussels pate and a slice of Sukrin bread.
Quantity wise I have had very little so if I am hungry later I will have some more raspberries with yoghurt. :)
Yup, it does not sound like a whole heap of food but portion control is something I am working on..... reducing ;)

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@hankjam . Sorry to trouble you but I can't find the summer exercise one to put my swimming on. Do you know where I will find it? I couldn't find it in fitness and exercise. Thank you,

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter on 1 slice of Hovis wholemeal seed sensation bread toasted, half a red grapefruit.
S: 2 squares ASDA 85% chocolate
L: Roasted red pepper hummus with crudité (celery, radish, green and red pepper, spring onions, carrot, cu).
D: Cod poached on top of a soupy concoction of passata, onion, garlic, rosemary, chorizo and kale.

Reactions: 9 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What are cream cheese clouds? Sound lovely!
Love those cream cheese clouds. Basically 112g Full fat cream cheese, 60g unsalted softened butter, (my interpretation of US cups in a recipe I found, but can’t remember where) sweetener & vanilla extract to taste. Whisk it all up then drop spoonfuls on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Stick in the freezer for an hour or two. Eat frozen or let them soften a bit in the fridge before consuming. Essentially a fat bomb. I got 11 out of the batch, so each had Fat 8g, Carbs 1g, Protein 1g. ( worked it out on myfitnesspal) I made them bigger last time and only ate one at a time. This time I often have 2!

Reactions: 7 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Christinerm
Also liking sound of almond fairy cake (fat bomb).
Just googled and it looks like I will be busy on Pinterest
Hj
The almond fairy cake I make is the one I always used to make (for the last 30+ years) but using ground almonds and baking powder instead of self raising flour, and stevia/erythritol. The only ‘old’ recipe that has converted easily. I used to make a batch of 14 with the ‘old’ recipe, but substituting the flour as I mentioned, I got 11. They come out quite small as they do not rise so much and I’ve found they like silicon cups rather than paper cases (although these work too)

Almond fairy cakes:
100g butter, softened
2 eggs
100g ground almonds
½ tsp baking powder
sweetener equivalent to 100g sugar (I used 25g stevia/erythritol blend)

Beat sweetener and eggs till smooth and fluffy, beat in eggs. Stir in the rest. Spoon into baking cases. Bake at 180C fan oven for 15 mins.

For each of 11 - 13g fat, 1g Carb, 3g protein

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The almond fairy cake I make is the one I always used to make (for the last 30+ years) but using ground almonds and baking powder instead of self raising flour, and stevia/erythritol. The only ‘old’ recipe that has converted easily. I used to make a batch of 14 with the ‘old’ recipe, but substituting the flour as I mentioned, I got 11. They come out quite small as they do not rise so much and I’ve found they like silicon cups rather than paper cases (although these work too)

Almond fairy cakes:
100g butter, softened
2 eggs
100g ground almonds
½ tsp baking powder
sweetener equivalent to 100g sugar (I used 25g stevia/erythritol blend)

Beat sweetener and eggs till smooth and fluffy, beat in eggs. Stir in the rest. Spoon into baking cases. Bake at 180C fan oven for 15 mins.

For each of 11 - 13g fat, 1g Carb, 3g protein
@Christinerm
Thank you for posting.
I can't get my head round using sweeteners yet, so I'll give them a go without, butter, eggs and almonds sounds okay to me.... I eat enough almonds as they are!
Hj

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Black tea
B: chia et al and rasps with walnuts,
11's: Black coffee and 1 chocolate
L: celery, olives, garlic, feta, left over pulled port, toms and avocado
Home time: black tea
D: chicken/almond, fried in OO, cabbage cumin fried in coconut oil, salad of olives, artichokes, avocado and garlics with loads of OO, rasps and yog, 1 choc
Black coffee
Lots of water through out day.

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream
L: crustless quiche and 9 bar
S: 2 squares 70%
I plead helplessness Yer Honour! I was given 2 bars by a friend, and it would be rude not to!
D: 2 homemade beef burgers with caulicheese. A bit of a copout, but Mr B isn't feeling well, and fancied them...

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After my post of food earlier I have since eaten, and so must add , two slices of Sukrin sunflower seed bread with butter. They were tiny slices from a tiny loaf! I think the problem is I haven't had a proper meal today.. So I have learned a lesson :)

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Umm ok

Been very slack with my testing, I need to find the thread on SD code free as I've been getting some funky numbers.
Anyhoo, yesterday was an occasional blow out.
Drinks: double gin n light tonic :)
L/D: Dry lamb whatever, curry veg, tomatoes n okra, poppadoms x2, onion salad,with 2 x glasses of red wine and a glass of water.
Drinks: Bloody Mary, Gin n tonics x 3
Ahem.

Today

B: 2 x gluten free 97% pork chipolatas, 1 fried egg, 1/2 tin tomates with pepper n OO.
1 stove top coffee with 1tsp butter n hazelnut milk. Mmmmm.

L: same coffee again as it was lush.
Cheese, olives, 2 crackers.

D: (ummm bit shaky as left it too long to eat but I wasn't hungry. BG 3.7!) Okra with onion, garlic (1 clove was way too much, felt a bit queazy as it was strong), 4 cherry toms, chilli flakes, chicken stock cube, lashings of butter. Large glass of water.

S: chia soaked with hm coconut yoghurt (more like a yoghurt drink, but still). 1/2 sm apple grated as no berries. 2 brazil nuts grated on top.

Need to drink more water. Gonna start noting my drinks ;-)

Gonna try those almond fairy bombs... they sound delish.

X

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: eggs fried in butter with french toast (using homemade low carb bread)
L: Homemade cream of assorted green veg soup, almond fairy cake with jelly &cream
D: Giant avocado baked with tuna mayo and cheese, salad with oil & balsamic dressing, blueberries, blackberries & cream
S: evening snack of cheese followed by 2 squares Lindt 85% (just to get the calories up)

Reactions: 13 people

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 egg courgette frittata with a dollop of harissa, 2 sausages, grilled tomato, buttered mushrooms, half a grapefruit.
S: 2 squares ASDA 85% chocolate
L: Salad of chicory, apple, walnuts and parmesan shavings dressed with extra virgin olive oil.
D: Grilled plaice, butternut squash chips, cauliflower, leeks and green beans.

Last edited by a moderator:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello.
B. Raspberries and Greek style yoghurt

L. 2 tiny slices of Sukrin sunflower seed bread

D. Tinned red salmon with onion, yellow pepper, mushrooms, courgettes cooked in olive oil in oven :)

If I'm hungry this evening I will have raspberries and yoghurt again

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
July 21, 2015 Menu

8AM - Swiss cheese omelette. 1/4 cup of steel cut oatmeal. Super disgusting bitter melon smoothie with water, blueberries and a packet of stevia, the latter ingredient an attempt to make the bitterness more palatable. I wrote about it in this forum.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/the-bitter-taste-of-bitter-melon.80760/

12PM - Lentils with dandelion greens, a little Greek yogurt.

Dinner will be Salmon, zucchini turned into a pasta with a spiralizer (it really works) and a spinach salad. I snack on almonds drenched in my tears over missing delicious processed carbohydrate laden poison from my days not long ago.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today i have been mainly eating cherries.

400g of the dear, sweet, juicy, succulent little bobbles of joy.
It has been a dedicated balancing act of gentle, steady consumption, interspersed with coffeencream, crustless quiche and posh sausages through the day.

My bg has been under 7 at all times, and i have loved every second.

The consequences, tomorrow, may not be quite so enjoyable...

Reactions: 12 people