What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. I didn't post food yesterday as I really didn't have a good day. It all started to go wrong when I realised I hadn't anything in for breakfast! Things went from bad to worse resulting in me eating 6 chocolate digestives last night!! Awful! So today I need to get back on the straight and narrow.

B. Raspberries and Greek style yoghurt

L. Fish in butter sauce and 2 toasted slices of chia seed and nut bread with anchor butter.

I will post later my food for the rest of the day. :)

Reactions: 8 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: usual Saturday Fried Egg, 2x bacon, 2x Chipolatas, portobello mush, tomato

L: Cheddar and Ham sandwich ( ham between two slices of cheddar)

S: Pork Scratchings

Then got stuck on the M5 for a couple of hours due to animals on carriageway, so ended up having,

D: takeaway Curry, Chicken Saag Wala, Saag Bhaji, Bindi Bhaji.

Frozen berries and clotted cream

Reactions: 6 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, slight error on lunch.

I saw an interesting smoked fish. (still avoiding saturated fat, and going for good fish oils instead)
I normally buy them whole, but this was filleted already, and from a distance looked good.
(I should have realised something was wrong, as they were flat on the counter, not hanging in the air)
Anyway bought a couple for lunch with a salad.
Put it all out, took a bite, and realised they were uncooked. Whoops.
Anyway, they fried nicely, even though they must have been 'wet chemically' smoked, rather than properly dry smoked.
Still not entirely sure what they were though, a lot of little bones like a kipper, (fortunately I don't mind eating the bones), but the taste and texture of the old yellow smoked haddock I used to eat as a kid back home.
They won't be on the menu again though.

Reactions: 9 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I went camping yesterday with my daughter (hammocks in the woods and an open fire- none of your glamping tents malarkey).. so I overdid the protein a bit and almost no veggies at all (oops)

B - bulletproof coffee
L - spinach surrender
D - minute steaks - several of them

S - pork scratchings

Reactions: 15 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Today I ate:-
B. 1 slice Burgen toast&1oz cheese
L. 2 thick slices boiled ham, coleslaw, cauliflower cous cous
D. Gammon steak, boiled egg, cauli cheese, sugar fee jelly with double cream
S. Chicken drumstick, 1oz cheese

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dinner this evening was two chicken thighs roast with garlic infused olive oil with courgette, onions, mushrooms, yellow pepper and fresh ginger cooked with olive oil in the oven. Lovely. :)

Now I must avoid the biscuits that got me last night. :)

Reactions: 9 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Cacao zoats with seeds and coconut milk (actually the oily part of it)
L: Slow-cooked pig feet with fried aubergine, pepper and buckwheat (I fry the buckwheat separately next time!), raw carrots
D: Aubergine and 1/3 sweet potato fried in olive oil and garlic, added greens picked this afternoon in a University garden and two eggs, avocado and red pepper, all this with some lemon juice and tahini, small box of bird seeds :hungry:

Reactions: 10 people

suehatton

B. 2 Ryvitas with loads of butter
L. Burger with ratatouille..no bun
D. A little experiment that turned out yummy. Yellow pepper stuffed with the rest of the ratatouille, chorizo and cheese on top.
Snacks, cheese triangle, few slices of ham.
Been hungry all day today though which is unusual. I think the Ryvita first thing are a bad idea but had run out of bacon and eggs.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coconut, lime and blueberry chia seed pudding
L: 2 slices chia & nut bread with chicken liver pate
D: smoked mackerel, scrambled egg, 2 slices chia & nut bread toasted; orange & walnut cake with more Dream Topping!

Just settled down with a low carb hot chocolate :)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Chipolatas, Mushroom & Tomato
L: Prawn Cocktail & Avocado
D: Sirloin Steak with small salad and tapenade.
S: 2 squares 75% choc made into a sarni with clotted cream filling.

Reactions: 11 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Long day, needed easy food, so some particularly nice sausage, grilled, with some oven baked yuca chips, and a low fat, low carb coleslaw. (yes, it does exist, and tastes very nice).

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Today,
B - Sausages by the campfire
D - Chicken & cashew nut stir fry
S - lots of snacks as we were coming back from camp and didn't have lunch... pork scratchings, fridge raiders, babybel and coffee with butter. And, as a special treat because the pub didn't have any wine (I know!) I had a pint of Theakstons Mild. And 2 hours later I didn't have a spike, so that's something for further investigation! For the sake of science, obviously.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 13 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Two large organic eggs fried in organic Extra Virgin oilve oil with a small pile of Morrisons organic white mushrooms (only 95p a punnet and I'd recommend them)
L- Salad using wild pickled herring aka rollmop from Lidl, organic spinach, watercress, rocket, hazelnuts, diced yellow bell pepper and a decidedly non organic and humungous Polish gherkin (just the one, sliced) plus my usual tahini-peanut-flaxseed-apple cyder vinegar dressing.
D - two Cornish lemon sole fillets with organic lime butter sauce (as improvised by OH using a glass bowl over a saucepan) with organic leek and courgette batons, steamed. It's a recipe from Dr Charles V Clark's The Diabetes Revolution (2008) and 4 fillets plus sauce serves two people which was lucky as Ocado delivered a pack of 4. Carb count for the entire recipe was 3g ! Tasted fantastic too.

Reactions: 12 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Mini Babybel, chia bread & almond butter:
S: Olives
L: Avocado, eggs & salad, rhubarb & cream
S: Cheddar
D: Pasta sauce (without the pasta) & grated cheese, brussel sprouts & small new potato, cream cheese cloud
S: 2 squares 85% chocolate

Day of working hard in the garden. Had to remember to stop for snacks to prevent BS level rising with the strenuous exercise. Was not altogether successful - a work in progress!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found two Livlife loaves at the back of a Waitrose bottom shelf so I snatched them feeling smug. I don't actually like Livlife much but I like defying my diabetes.
B: Ham, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 scrambled eggs with butter & cream, 1 slice buttered Livlife toast
L(cafe): Goat's cheese & roast pepper frittata complicated by unexpected dressed salad, dessertspoonful of white rice, smear of a purple jus, and coleslaw (not home-made). I steered around the obstacles like a slalom skier and then donated the coleslaw to Mrs DeeJay.
D: Ham & salami with green mixed salad, 3 small new potatoes & butter
S: Slice buttered Livlife toast with Meridian yeast extract (lower-salt Marmite)

Ceres

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Scrambled eggs w/ butter and tomato
L: Antipasto platter (salami, cheese, olives)
D: Zucchini 'spaghetti' w/ butter, garlic, chili and Parmesan cheese

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Two large soft-boiled organic eggs, mug of organic Earl Grey tea.
S -Two squares Lindt Excellence 90% cocoa dark chocolate, mug of organic green tea with coconut.
L - Stir fry - zucchini, spring onions, smoked salmon, lime juice, coconut oil, desiccated coconut, topped with Mozzarella
D - Waitrose organic gluten free beefburgers, organic vegetable sauce

Last edited by a moderator:

MaryCanary

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm loving reading these meal descriptions as I am just newly diagnosed and still looking for ideas!

B: 2 rashers of smoked bacon , grilled in the George Foreman, and an egg fried in 1-Cal, with 2 small slices of Allinson's.

S: Satsuma

I'M not sure if the breakfast combo is meant to be eaten every day (used to just keep it for a Sunday) but so far I am loving it!

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- 1 egg scrambled in bacon grease. Coffee with cream.
L- (will be) tuna, avocado, mayo, over raw spinach with a splash of sriacha sauce (oh, how I love it so).
D- (will be) strip steak, broccoli with butter, maybe a few berries.
S- Moser Roth 85% chocolate...I FINALLY bought some. Maybe, some pumpkin seeds. Maybe, some cheese. I will play it by ear and see how hungry I am.