What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Cacao zoats with flax seeds and some butter, small glass of well-fermented kefir
L: Courgette, pepper and some buckwheat, microwaved with some parmesan and two eggs (simple work lunch, not really convinced of it)
D: Salad with pepper, tomatoes and chilli, 2-3 tablespons microwaved buckwheat and generous portion of Lancashire cheese, then a Chinese duck tongue (tasted like corned beef)

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B usual 1 slice Burgen toast+ 1oz cheese
L 2 thick slices of boiled ham + 1/4 frittata
D. 2 more slices of ham with Brussels sprouts tossed in butter
S. 3 pieces of boiled ham (throughout day) and 1 hard-boiled egg

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In UK and EU the fibre appears in nutrition info separately, deducted from carbohydrate, so the carb figure is net carbs.

In USA, you have to subtract fibre from total carbohydrate to get net carbs.

The confusion over recipes also happens when UK editions of recipe and diet books are published without adjusting the way of calculating carbs. Atkins Diet books sometimes do this, ditto The South Beach Diet and The Real Meal Revolution (from South Africa)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody
Food today

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Tinned salmon and a small piece of Camambert

D. A slice of homemade crust less quiche.

Reactions: 2 people

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Almond flour scone & almond butter
S: Olives
L: Grilled salmon & sautéed kale, raspberries & cream
D: Avocado salad with olive oil, lemon juice & garlic, cream cheese cloud

Reactions: 3 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B - bacon & "almost bread"
L - sardines (I used the olive oil from the sardines to wilt some spinach). I've never had sardines before... they're inoffensive enough so I'll have a couple of tins in for standby.
S - Fat bomb. My first effort at sweet fat bombs using coconut oil, cocoa powder and stevia. I've never used stevia before and I didn't put nearly enough in, so this first batch are quite bitter. Still, they're worth another crack. About 120 calories of fat each.
Also had a coffee with double cream because I was a bit down on fat for the day.

D - Pork belly. It's meat, it's a rib, it makes the most divine crackling and I LOVE IT. Plus a herby salad.

And I still don't like cauliflower.
cauli is lovely though.... time, time... well worth it. that and celery basis of lunch a lot of the time.... then some olives....

Stonner, what part of Scotland does that come from.... also "sheltered" as never heard of it till just now.:)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: rasps, blues, yog, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.... way too much
L: celery (lots), olives, feta, left over cabbage from last night (to die for), aubergine dip... yum
D: 3 egg omelette, smoked salmon and watercress, rasps and walnuts.
Lots of water, though reducing after 18:00 consumption as I really would like a full nights sleep......:wideyed:

Reactions: 7 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
My understanding is that the "Stonner" is made by a particular chip shop in Glasgow. (and I'm well aware what the other meaning is!)

Anyway, today...
B - bacon & last of the almost bread
L - Bacon & cheese salad (I wanted chicken but there was none left)
S - cocoa fat bombs
D - Pan fried salmon fillet with a few leaves.

Reactions: 9 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Chipolatas & Scarmbled Egg
L: Salad with roast beef & coleslaw
D: Tuna Steak with pesto courgetti & Greek yog with some blueberries and milled flaxseed

Reactions: 10 people

suehatton

Yesterday
B. Bacon and scrambled egg
S. 25g mixed nuts, 2 babybel
L. Cooked chicken and salad veggies
D. Pork chop with cauli mash and green beans
2 Ryvita.
Given up coffee since Monday, bit grumpy but could be worse. Its not the caffiene Im giving up its the carbs in the milk.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
B. Bacon and scrambled egg
S. 25g mixed nuts, 2 babybel
L. Cooked chicken and salad veggies
D. Pork chop with cauli mash and green beans
2 Ryvita.
Given up coffee since Monday, bit grumpy but could be worse. Its not the caffiene Im giving up its the carbs in the milk.
For me, after about 6 months, coffee is best black.... :happy:

Reactions: 2 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lidl (Milbona) Greek Yoghurt and Fage Total are both 3.8g per 100g and both really creamy and nice.. The Asda full fat version is slightly higher but also nice and creamy, the Tesco & Morrison varieties are not so nice and have a funny taste IMHO. They are both also around 5g per. I havn't tried the Sainsburys version.

Yes, try cream in your coffee. I always hated anything more than a tiny splash of skimmed milk in my Coffee, but now I have it with cream and I'm hooked.

Reactions: 8 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Instead of Greek or Greek style yogurt, I eat Rachel's organic luxury creme fraiche 99p from Ocado (89p with SmartPass) for 200g pot now. 40.3g fat, 2.7g carbs, 2.0g protein per 100g. Haven't seen it in local Sainsbury's, ASDA, Tesco or Waitrose though. Might be easier to find in Wales, as it's from Aberstywth.

Yeo Valley organic soured cream 227g is 95p or thereabouts from most supermarkets. 18.5g fat, 3.6g carbs, 2.5g protein per 100g.

Rodda clotted cream 227g £2 in Sainsbury's is 60.5g fat, 2.5g carbs, 1.5g protein per 100g.

Since the Listeria recall, Sainsbury's SO organic double cream seems to have disappeared from the website and I must admit that I haven't bought it since.

Yeo Valley organic double cream is 95p in Tesco and Waitrose for 227ml. 45.1g fat, 2.4g carbs, 1.6g protein per 100ml.

LCHF low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Some people may choose to eat mountains of bacon and have very good BG. However, if you are consuming more protein than you require, protein can be converted into glucose by gluconeogenesis. If you have insulin deficiency, gluconeogenesis happens more quickly.

Reactions: 9 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B. 1 slice Burgen toast with dbl Gloucester cheese
L 2 slices boiled ham 1/4 slice frittata, garden salad
D. 2 chicken drumsticks cauliflower cous cous
S. 2oz dbl Gloucester with chives cheese + 4 strips crispy bacon (divided between 11ses & supper)

Reactions: 5 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- BPC
L- roast chicken, avocado, sriacha mayo, and a tbsp. of chia seed
D- will be strip steak with butter, broccoli with fontina cheese, and ?

Not as hungry today, which is good, because I ate an extra 500 calories extra the past two days.

Reactions: 8 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, and I just want all of you to know that I am deeply jealous of your Lidl rolls. I have yet to see a LC roll here in the US that doesn't taste like cardboard.:bigtears:

Reactions: 5 people