What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The chimp in my head escaped yesterday on day six of my not going out regime and I now have a blue beard, evidently in support of the NHS - a flag sort of thing - but stuck to my face. Ah well. Another excuse not to go out.

I love the thought of your blue beard, maybe change your avatar to show it?

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am being sent a bunch of funny (?) Videos by bored friends (they get bored? I don't have time to get bored. I love being confined to barracks.)

This was sent me on Monday. And it has subtitles/captions ...but I am not quite sure of the accuracy of them, and lipreading a talking dog is not one of my skills...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am being sent a bunch of funny (?) Videos by bored friends (they get bored? I don't have time to get bored. I love being confined to barracks.)

This was sent me on Monday. And it has subtitles/captions ...but I am not quite sure of the accuracy of them, and lipreading a talking dog is not one of my skills...

Thought this was Dennis for half a second

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For all my scepticism about this lifestyle just had the fourth annual letter in a row informing me I have no signs of diabetic eye disease. Back in 2015 there were slight signs so either pure luck or it is having some effect elsewhere just not showing up in A1c.

Reactions: DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For all my scepticism about this lifestyle just had the fourth annual letter in a row informing me I have no signs of diabetic eye disease. Back in 2015 there were slight signs so either pure luck or it is having some effect elsewhere just not showing up in A1c.
A brilliant result @ianpspurs
:)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Snap! I just received mine in the post and, like you, all well :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An absolutely excellent result. Really good news.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Liked it...:D

pretty spot on re advise

and subtitles..a little off, but your wise enough to get the content of what they meant by the next sentnce or two .

Nice post.. passing on to my neighbourhood watch team :)

well is say Neighbourhood Watch Team, ..proniunced NoWT

but really we are are the HWOFNT" ..pronounce WHOfonts

Neighbourhood Watching Out For Neighbours Scheme
now.

.Slight difference, but so much more effective, and better for the name change.:D

Reactions: trick60

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Snap! I just received mine in the post and, like you, all well :)

well, he said.. sneaking into the crowd scene..got mine last month...clean bill too....phew....
m1211.gif

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
right..we are stuck indoors for some amount of the day.
sure the forum has untold games etc, so happy with that, BUT
to occupy our minds, while away a little of the day, and make use of ALL the internet useage we all probably doing.

may i suggest a daily challenge for all.
We pick a topic, and then in our wandering we find a relevant link to that topic.
last person to post topic drops out and lets someone else choose, seems fair ?

For example for today: RAIN

so PIC, Video, (public or a private one )
a song
and a TV or Show on netflix etc

not expecting all the above, but for those looking anyway, the subject may pop up,
the song may be one you already know and can relate too,
and with the endless box sets etc on the catch up networks the films tv shows may
well spring to mind

I'd like seeing that as a pointer to things we may not have looked at or heard of.
if only one person looks and likes it, then the effort isn't wasted, really.

anyone else in ?

nice easy one to start
make it as difficult as ya like...you will be judged obv, if we all struggle....:hilarious:

but it may just keep us entertained looking for a while..so all good.:D

as Pluto says..Sunday Fun day..:headphone:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
to occupy our minds, while away a little of the day, and make use of ALL the internet useage we all probably doing.

We pick a topic, and then in our wandering we find a relevant link to that topic.

a song

not expecting all the above, but for those looking anyway, the subject may pop up,
and with the endless box sets etc on the catch up networks the films tv shows may
well spring to mind

I'd like seeing that as a pointer to things we may not have looked at or heard of.

anyone else in ?

nice easy one to start
make it as difficult as ya like...you will be judged obv, if we all struggle....:hilarious:

Your choice: RAIN

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

a song

well spring to mind

anyone else in ?

nice easy one to start

Good idea but I'm busy for 12 weeks - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...n-in-his-south-east-london-garden-coronavirus :angelic: Never mind bluebeard and 10k steps. May even read some of the books which nearly gave the removers a hernia except they are in boxes with other very heavy boxes on top:arghh: Facetime project for No 3 son to talk us through rebuilding the weight machine once we have moved rooms around. Great idea though.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your choice: RAIN

On point. AND informative. Liking

And weirdly calming...
Used one of those. Background sound apps, rain etc when I first started getting anxiety issues...liked.
Particularly like the wind chimes and the Buddhist bong, that produces a low ringing tone..

Nice post.
Thank you for taking on the challenge..:)

Reactions: UserABC2021

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good idea but I'm busy for 12 weeks - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...n-in-his-south-east-london-garden-coronavirus :angelic: Never mind bluebeard and 10k steps. May even read some of the books which nearly gave the removers a hernia except they are in boxes with other very heavy boxes on top:arghh: Facetime project for No 3 son to talk us through rebuilding the weight machine once we have moved rooms around. Great idea though.

Aw well .
Good luck with that..bound to be of benefit.:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well now I'm not being too cheeky,
Here is my effort.
Not quite so cerebral as @OldButBold
But ya can't make a Silk purse out of a sows ear, can ya..:D

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I never thought of putting it on Facebook to reduce the image size @Antje77
I also do it to transfer the pictures from my phone to my computer, I hate typing on my phone, and besides, I dislike my phone enough to get a horrible mood when trying to learn things like putting pictures on this forum with my phone. I did try a couple of times but I couldn't figure it out without wanting to throw my phone through the window so I'll stick to my Facebook trick.

The only downside is that there always seems to be someone 'liking' or commenting on it within the 3 seconds the pic is on Fb before I copied it and deleted the post :banghead:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also do it to transfer the pictures from my phone to my computer, I hate typing on my phone, and besides, I dislike my phone enough to get a horrible mood when trying to learn things like putting pictures on this forum with my phone. I did try a couple of times but I couldn't figure it out without wanting to throw my phone through the window so I'll stick to my Facebook trick.

The only downside is that there always seems to be someone 'liking' or commenting on it within the 3 seconds the pic is on Fb before I copied it and deleted the post :banghead:

Not a Facebook user, but I do get that anxiety,. Especially when you post and notice an error, then the net goes down
And before you get back on someone's replied.. So it's set in stone for the world to see...:***:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Got there folks. Saved my image to my pic sharing site. Flickr, e-mail shared image to myself, then copy and paste image from e-mail, direct to this site.
BTW, my fine Yanmar 3GM is in shot, showing boat nerds the new position of the primary fuel filter, very important, pay attention at the back.
39005346321_60e2ed476e_m.jpg

That is one pretty looking Yanmar, and so very clean!
The position of the fuel filter is perfect for emergency cleaning and changing in a rough situation! Don't forget to make sure to have the whatsitcalled to get the filter off if it's stuck within easy reach as well ;)

images

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all, within reason, what those reasons are I know not.

A low 4.9 this morning for me and me's.

Well folks and hope you all are well. What are your plans for this afternoon? I hope it's something interesting and enjoyable.
My afternoon is a continuation of this morning......survival, today I found out it is not a good idea to wake up Mrs J early by banging two of saucepans together next to her ear. I did use her best saucepans.
Must go and hide, I hear footsteps.

Reactions: jjraak