What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My iPad battery is about to die...I am in potting shed...
Here is RAIN
Using a photo I took a few years ago...
2BF3DC36-42F8-4C0C-8BE4-1239841029BD.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.4 this morning

just been pottering about the house today and the only really productive thing I've done so far is to make a lc sponge for pudding tomorrow.

OK taking a big breath and coming clean ;) (no, not physical washing though bits of me are definitely getting a bit dried out with doing that all the time :sorry:), when @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher first started posting their daily art challenge I posted that I felt inspired by them to go back to doing a bit of art too, something I hadn't really done since school/college and @Muddy Cyclist was kind enough to suggest I post something if I felt brave enough :(

When I posted that I actually did mean it, I started trying to do something art related every day back at the beginning of the year so if it's ok I will start posting some of them now. Pre warning, I haven't managed something every day, quality is variable to say the least :hilarious: and some of it is pretty boring :sorry:

Love both of your artworks today by the way, it's such a treat to have your art every day

first effort, sketch of the woodburner, biro on typing paper

upload_2020-3-28_17-11-35.jpeg

Hope your day is treating you well :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.4 this morning

just been pottering about the house today and the only really productive thing I've done so far is to make a lc sponge for pudding tomorrow.

OK taking a big breath and coming clean ;) (no, not physical washing though bits of me are definitely getting a bit dried out with doing that all the time :sorry:), when @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher first started posting their daily art challenge I posted that I felt inspired by them to go back to doing a bit of art too, something I hadn't really done since school/college and @Muddy Cyclist was kind enough to suggest I post something if I felt brave enough :(

When I posted that I actually did mean it, I started trying to do something art related every day back at the beginning of the year so if it's ok I will start posting some of them now. Pre warning, I haven't managed something every day, quality is variable to say the least :hilarious: and some of it is pretty boring :sorry:

Love both of your artworks today by the way, it's such a treat to have your art every day

View attachment 39763

That is glorious. I love it. It reminds me of woodburners of my childhood @geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.4 this morning

View attachment 39763

Welcome to the gallery wall of the thread nice piece of sketching.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just made a chia pudding for the first time, and with dried apricots.
I had chia seeds, but just sprinkled them on foods.

It reminds me of tapioca pudding which I love, but the tinned tapioca is too sweet.

I like my chia pudding!

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's painting for my picture every day using SketchClubApp for the painting.

I drew with coloured crayons a series of clown faces, many years ago. I gave all the 40 originals away. So I tried today painting in SketchClub App one of them. I worked a couple of hours on this. It does need a bit more work on the eyes, but I have a couple of other projects I want to do today, so this is finished now...

View attachment 39759

Even as a child I thought clowns were scary and sad. I never thought they were funny...
Hello @gennepher
Please, come on lady, we want happy stuff!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I could only think of Travis's Why does it always rain on me? or Rainman the film with Dustin Hoffman...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I could only think of Travis's Why does it always rain on me? or Rainman the film with Dustin Hoffman...

Then allow me, @Ryhia

and thank you for playing..
(good pick too :happy: )

EDIT: and the joy of this sort, is usually just let the song play on background.
and then let it roll on to next track like some virtual DJ / Radio station.
sat here enjoying the rest of the tracks..so thank you for that one.

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Does have a rain effect at the start, one of my fave tracks from a brilliant album, as for a film with rain in the title , I’m sure I saw one called Black Rain on Netflix or something, I’m not a big film buff I find it hard to sit for the length of a film so it has to really grab me.
Hope the link works .

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My iPad battery is about to die...I am in potting shed...
Here is RAIN
Using a photo I took a few years ago...
View attachment 39762

2bf3dc36-42f8-4c0c-8be4-1239841029bd-jpeg.39762

beautiful pic @gennepher

Good to see you just ran with it, without any issues..

( Unlike those other two Thicko's :rolleyes:........................:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:..)

*Just kidding, lads...honest...;)

@Muddy Cyclist ...

who goes next,? i'd say as the first one to accept the baton, i believe @OldButBold
has the honour..:D..but it makes no difference, as long as we all get a chance .

Liking the Art Club BTW...am in no way good enough to grace your art walls but i do very much appreciate the pics etc.
So Thank you all :)..(inc YOU @geefull , and @Antje77 ,nice efforts, thanks for being brave enough to try and show us..i liked them.

Sure we all see the pics from our own perspective,
for me the tree ones remind of some Sci-Fi cover of some alternative earth,
(thinking intergalactic)

img_2810-jpg.39739

pretty apt at the moment i guess.

Take out the Covid and death, we do seem to be presenting the planet at it's best.

Nature AND caring people..can see kirk & spock, looking on with love if they dropped in now

AND if this was a Viewing by ET's,...

i reckon they'd be off to the Galactic bank as fast as there little legs would let them, and slap in the asking price right away ..:D

Good location and Lovely sitting tenants..whats NOT to love..:happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Does have a rain effect at the start, one of my fave tracks from a brilliant album, as for a film with rain in the title , I’m sure I saw one called Black Rain on Netflix or something, I’m not a big film buff I find it hard to sit for the length of a film so it has to really grab me.
Hope the link works .

mmhh that went to VAR's...:bag:

Objection over ruled...GOAL STANDS..:D.

Liked the intelligent use of interpretation.

Listening now.:happy:

and just to clarify, the list was for information,
post only one.
or post several times, it's all entertainment OR information.

this is our six form and the teachers are out, so lets amuse ourselves how best we can.
we have to "Adult" FAR too much right now,
So lets skip, sing and enjoy in whatever way we can

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
who goes next,? i'd say as the first one to accept the baton, i believe @OldButBold
I agree, could be a challenge.
for me the tree ones remind of some Sci-Fi
TREES!!!!!! They are supposed to be wavebreakers looking like lost souls, I have failed again :banghead:
Just goes to show the meaning of art is in the eye of the beholder. Actually Mrs MC agrees with you and like you I see this and my moonlight version as fantasy so great you saw this also, it's nice to know I must have caught the atmosphere.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree, could be a challenge.

TREES!!!!!! They are supposed to be wavebreakers looking like lost souls, I have failed again :banghead:
Just goes to show the meaning of art is in the eye of the beholder. Actually Mrs MC agrees with you and like you I see this and my moonlight version as fantasy so great you saw this also, it's nice to know I must have caught the atmosphere.

Sorry Muddy ...

3e977406-fdee-4764-bf47-8b93102999dc-jpeg.39759

i don't really KNOW what wavebreakers are...:wacky: