What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum Hugs for the poor night's sleep. I was up 'til about 2 am and then was woken just after 4 by very hard rain. I hope you will able to get some sleep during the day today.

7.3 this morning. I think FBG must reflect the time of day or the weather or something, rather than what I ate the day before.
Thanks :) I hope you get a rest today too. Its easy for your mind to wander when awake in the middle of the night, isnt it? Everyone seems to be on edge atm even though we try our best. Have a good day you and the KC. :cat:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks :) I hope you get a rest today too. Its easy for your mind to wander when awake in the middle of the night, isnt it? Everyone seems to be on edge atm even though we try our best. Have a good day you and the KC. :cat:

Thank you. :)
^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know I said I felt like I was turning into a cat, but thank goodness I've not yet reached this stage!

tpcats.jpg

My vet clinic, OTOP, posted their current status on their website this morning:

turnintodogs.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was so much fun. There you are, feeling like every separate cell in your brain is focusing on a different part of your body, and the horse's body, and what you're both doing .... and then all of a sudden it comes together and the two of you are one and you're in the zone ... and then all of a sudden you're back to focusing on all your separate brain cells ... and then back into the zone ...
And then out again, and you relax and let the reins go loose so the horse can relax and you can regroup ...

I imagine that the better you get at it and the longer you work at it the more you and the horse probably stay in the zone ...

It's like playing music. :)
Top dressage riders are extremely athletic, strong leg muscles, six packs even the ladies, it does not look it to watch but it's very tasking. If you do it often enough with the same horse the horse knows what you want almost in advance as though they can read your thoughts or feel the change in your body language before the rider even asks with a slight muscle change, very perceptive animals. For me though it was never exciting enough, Team Chasing was my favoured equine sport. I'm Still full of admiration for top dressage riders though.

Reactions: geefull

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree on the lockdown point. Very angry how Uk Govt has managed to turn we the public into the villains - not washing hands well enough, getting too close etc. Insidiously absolving themselves of their early playing down of the threat and total inability to supply NHS and care staff with PPE and tests. Never mind spending ten years trashing it, make not protecting NHS/Care homes all our fault - brazen and totally hypocritical . Yes, stay in place and follow precautions but remember it was not you who made this far worse than it ever needed to be. Allegedly, 1 death so far in New Zealand. I really need to stay out of this topic from now on.
My rating for your post was Agree. Just to clarify that I 100% agree with what you said in the post - but absolutely did not agree that you 'really need to stay out of this topic from now on'

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

it was wet yesterday and frosty overnight but it's looking better now ;)

We may get a bit of bush chopping done later if it continues to dry up and will definitely get a walk :) I'm realising all over again how much better I feel if we manage to get out for a walk round the village :joyful:

Stay safe everyone and I hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher interesting new project :)
@Muddy Cyclist thank you for the compliment, I am always impressed by the drama of light in your paintings and your bold use of colour, the more abstract one is mighty fine (but then so was the first generation) :)

Today's art catchup -
three very similar paintings, the intention was for me to try my three paint boxes and see how they handle in comparison to each other, all painted on craft card and with a finishing touch from the white gel pen ;)

no 1 is the Windsor and Newton, once again the blue I used for the sky dried lighter, on the other hand the blue I used for the sea didn't :hilarious:

upload_2020-4-9_14-6-35.jpeg

no 2 is the Kuretake - more vibrant and lighter
upload_2020-4-9_14-7-2.jpeg

and no 3 is the Daler Rowney - Although the sky is a bit messier I like the sea best on this one, more transparent (as expected) than the Kuretake.
upload_2020-4-9_14-7-23.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

We may get a bit of bush chopping done later if it continues to dry up and will definitely get a walk :) I'm realising all over again how much better I feel if we manage to get out for a walk round the village :joyful:

@Muddy Cyclist thank you for the compliment, I am always impressed by the drama of light in your paintings and your bold use of colour, the more abstract one is mighty fine (but then so was the first generation) :)

Today's art catchup -
three very similar paintings, the intention was for me to try my three paint boxes and see how they handle in comparison to each other, all painted on craft card and with a finishing touch from the white gel pen ;)

no 1 is the Windsor and Newton, once again the blue I used for the sky dried lighter, on the other hand the blue I used for the sea didn't :hilarious:

View attachment 40211
View attachment 40212
and no 3 is the Daler Rowney - Although the sky is a bit messier I like the sea best on this one, more transparent (as expected) than the Kuretake.
View attachment 40213
I really like all three paintings. The first one is more stormy and the other two are calm and tranquil.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Top dressage riders are extremely athletic, strong leg muscles, six packs even the ladies, it does not look it to watch but it's very tasking. If you do it often enough with the same horse the horse knows what you want almost in advance as though they can read your thoughts or feel the change in your body language before the rider even asks with a slight muscle change, very perceptive animals. For me though it was never exciting enough, Team Chasing was my favoured equine sport. I'm Still full of admiration for top dressage riders though.

Yes, that's why we were advised to practice our tests without the horse! Because they memorize the pattern.
Or, as you know, just work on individual movements but don't put them together until you ride the test itself.

I would have loved to do Team Chasing, Cross Country, steeplechasing too -- but found the basics for that beyond me when I came back to riding in middle age.
Most of my riding friends, then and now, have enjoyed trail riding most of all. They will haul out to state and national parks and ride for hours. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

Today's art catchup -

View attachment 40211
View attachment 40212
View attachment 40213
I like all 3 @geefull

in the first one the sea is more powerful.

in the third which I like best, the painting is more ethereal...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So here is the second of my Fence Line series, blimey sounds like I know what I'm doing :joyful: most the time it's trial and error. Painting method is still nice and loose, not sure about the colours in the foreground, still it's done.

A4 watercolour 45 mins. I have put the first on the post as a thumb nail, there will be three in the series.

IMG_2897.JPG

First in series....
IMG_2891.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

Today's art catchup -

View attachment 40211
View attachment 40212
View attachment 40213
Brilliant! I like the sea in the second one but you have really given some depths to the cliff in the third.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So here is the second of my Fence Line series, blimey sounds like I know what I'm doing :joyful: most the time it's trial and error. Painting method is still nice and loose, not sure about the colours in the foreground, still it's done.

A4 watercolour 45 mins. I have put the first on the post as a thumb nail, there will be three in the series.

View attachment 40218

First in series....
View attachment 40217
Another triumph.

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

Today's art catchup -

View attachment 40211
View attachment 40212
View attachment 40213

They are lovely. I love the sea in all weathers. Thank you for posting them. And thank you too for reminding me that if I get up and get out for a walk it might actually be worth it. :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geeful thank you for the latest seascapes, all intriguing. Lke the swell in the second one especially.
@Muddy Cyclist thanks for the second in the fence series. To me its like after the rain and I like the plants in the foreground.
@karen8967 I dont always remember but thanks for the uplifting messages you post regularly, the one with the white rose about love really affected me,

Reactions: Ryhia