What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, definitely the stress. Do you think you really will say no next time when someone asks you to do a commission? I also struggle with saying no and often slot clients into my lunch hour when I really ought to say no.

I will do my hardest to say NO next time. I promise to myself I will. I do. Then a little yes squeaks out...
But hopefully not for some time yet...

Anyway, today is now mine. Apart from attacking ice in my fridge with an axe...

You have the best day you can @Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's hauntingly beautiful. Reflections on water, a night village scene, moonlight through ruins, creation? A provocative piece indeed.

Thank you very much @Muddy Cyclist

When I meditated a couple of days ago, I was watching in my mind the most beautiful caves I was floating through. I remember thinking I can never create anything like that.

I have just realised that today’s digital work has come close to creating that effect.

Thank you again.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will do my hardest to say NO next time. I promise to myself I will. I do. Then a little yes squeaks out...
But hopefully not for some time yet...

Anyway, today is now mine. Apart from attacking ice in my fridge with an axe...

You have the best day you can @Krystyna23040
That's exactly what happens to me. I just don't know why the little yes squeeks out every time.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great that your kefir is doing really well.
Thanks. I had to ditch the grains that were sitting in the fridge for so long as I could not get them out of an acidic state. So pleased that the ones in the freezer came out of hibernation so well. It’s the first time that I had tried freezing and then defrosting but it has worked out quite well.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost forgot to post fbs which was 5.5 this morning.
Wasn't raining very much when we started to walk but then the heavens opened and we were like drowned rats when we got back.

The house is now permeated by that distinctive 'wet dog' smell.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I had to ditch the grains that were sitting in the fridge for so long as I could not get them out of an acidic state. So pleased that the ones in the freezer came out of hibernation so well. It’s the first time that I had tried freezing and then defrosting but it has worked out quite well.
You have prompted me to freeze some as a backup. I have been thinking of doing this for ages but have done nothing about it. Do you freeze them in milk?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You have prompted me to freeze some as a backup. I have been thinking of doing this for ages but have done nothing about it. Do you freeze them in milk?

No milk.
Strain the grains and rinse them under non-chlorinated water (I fill a used milk carton with water from the tap each day and leave overnight - not just for rinsing grains of course). After rinsing, put them on the paper towel and gently tap them to dry them or leave them to dry for a few hours. Put dried grains into plastic bag or sealed container and store them for up to 6 months in the freezer. I did two lots, each of two teaspoons worth.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No milk.
Strain the grains and rinse them under non-chlorinated water (I fill a used milk carton with water from the tap each day and leave overnight - not just for rinsing grains of course). After rinsing, put them on the paper towel and gently tap them to dry them or leave them to dry for a few hours. Put dried grains into plastic bag or sealed container and store them for up to 6 months in the freezer. I did two lots, each of two teaspoons worth.
Thank you so much for this. I have copied the instruction into my 'how to look after kefir' file and will freeze the grains as soon as I have a surplus.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very country set, especially with Labs. Wet Barbour and Hunters odour as well to seal the deal? Warm yourself near the Aga.:angelic:
So sorry to disappoint you. Unfortunately no Barbour, Hunters or Aga. My wet weather gear is a lovely waterproof Rohan - purple of course.
I couldn't work out why the conservatory radiator was cold when all of the others were red hot.
Mr K has now got an ASBO for turning it off because he was too hot. The conservatory is now toasty and warm.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to disappoint you. Unfortunately no Barbour, Hunters or Aga. My wet weather gear is a lovely waterproof Rohan - purple of course.
I couldn't work out why the conservatory radiator was cold when all of the others were red hot.
Mr K has now got an ASBO for turning it off because he was too hot. The conservatory is now toasty and warm.
The Food Fairy has also lost the plot so rather than wear base layers and gilet I/we appear to be paying to heat Suffolk. Rohan is very arriviste. Schöffel is de rigueur around Newmarket so I'm off to Goldings once lockdown ends.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all nearly human, humans.

An unsurprising 7.2 this morning after oversleeping again.
@gennepher , turning down commissions with my wood working hobby, I got into the habit of only making things for people that I wanted to, and those that I didn't want to make I passed on to a woodworking pal of mine called " Dave the Fence ", this arrangement works well for all parties. Perhaps you could find another local artist and pass the commissions over.
Well folks enjoy the bleak weather, treat it as a rehearsal for November.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher , turning down commissions with my wood working hobby, I got into the habit of only making things for people that I wanted to, and those that I didn't want to make I passed on to a woodworking pal of mine called " Dave the Fence ", this arrangement works well for all parties. Perhaps you could find another local artist and pass the commissions over.

Now that sounds a good idea....
Thank you @alf_Josiah

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are right about stress raising the blood sugars. I feel a lot better now as I had a brainwave while walking round the park with the dogs. Practice on some clients before even thinking of teaching a whole cllass.

Then perhaps try with two or three clients at a time. I wouldn't charge anything for this so no pressure. I don't have to do it perfectly and can make mistakes and learn.

Feel much more relaxed now. Actually could even have that nap you suggested ow.

Just thinking about using Zoom as it doesn’t look that hot for demonstrating - maybe I’m wrong though. Did you know that Microsoft Teams is now free? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software