What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmmn not sure what to make of that gennepher I'm going to mull it over for a short while:D:D:D
I know my digital paintings are not always popular or understood or liked, but I enjoy doing them very very much.
You can mull over it for as long as you want.........................................

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.40am FBG 5.4
overslept just a little. Am usually up earlier than this. It was raining quite hard so went up to the loft where I found that the loose flashings are letting the water in and it is trickling down the side of the chimney. It's much too high for me to reach and I have no idea what I can do about it, except watch with dismay it's progress. At the very least MrSlim will perhaps get something useful from my observations. The ten day forecast is for nine days with variable amounts of rain.
The stray cat who has been my constant companion for several days, even walking round the garden with me, is not on the doorstep. Perhaps she got tired of waiting for her breakfast?
It would be good to know she has somewhere else to go.
Looking for indoor jobs today. Perhaps a wardrobe overhaul? Have a vast amount of clothes that no longer fit. When I started losing weight did expect to put some of it back on, but after two years this size seems to be the new normal.
It is indoor jobs and sorting here today as well. And the cat is not very pleased with me. He thinks I ought to be sitting in bed with him all day....
Have a good day @SlimLizzy

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thousands cram onto trains everyday

Little so an so gennepher I'd imagined all kind of scenarios and he could not have cared less.

There is something c0ckeyed about this virus....

You now have the wayward male teenager who is not going to do as he is told...
Enjoy the days to come...

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know my digital paintings are not always popular or understood or liked, but I enjoy doing them very very much.
You can mull over it for as long as you want.........................................
I like it just not sure I understand it I am a bit of a philistine with art gennepher
There is something c0ckeyed about this virus....

You now have the wayward male teenager who is not going to do as he is told...
Enjoy the days to come...
Its bizarre gennepher so much criticism of the protests in London the majority of which was peaceful & orderly yet the Cheltenham Festival & the Liverpool match where hundreds of thousands attended are rarely mentioned or cited as spreading the virus nation wide

As for the teenager he's under lockdown after 10pm I'll keep him a little hungry so he comes in for food...fingers crossed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Trinity Sunday folks from a hail battered Breckland. 24k steps and usual mckerel and avocado salad produced a 4.7 at 7.11 this morning. On balance I will take the high(er) fbg with length and quality of sleep plus 2 other markers in the areas I want. Sorry to hear of the problems faced by @SlimLizzy and @dunelm plus Mrs Miggins. I hope all turns out as well as can be. @alf_Josiah I feel sympathy for your confinement. As for protests, if people start a culture war, elect racist incompetents (that is giving him the benefit of the doubt) then abandon sections of their populace to die they should not expect the victims to be supine then whine about the push back. Yes, I am talking about England.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher, not sure I about your digital work to day. The thing is you abvioisly enjoyed creating it and that makes it a winner as the the creative process is therapeutic and uplifting. I will take another look when I'm in a different mood and see how it then appears to me. Will let you know.

I finished the Fair Oak Pool painting I started yesterday on the new Canson Cold Pressed Paper. Didn't go as I had planned or achieve what I wanted, I do however like the paper. watercolour A4 50 minute today plus yesterday's time.

IMG_3311.JPG

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher, not sure I about your digital work to day. The thing is you abvioisly enjoyed creating it and that makes it a winner as the the creative process is therapeutic and uplifting. I will take another look when I'm in a different mood and see how it then appears to me. Will let you know.

I finished the Fair Oak Pool painting I started yesterday on the new Canson Cold Pressed Paper. Didn't go as I had planned or achieve what I wanted, I do however like the paper. watercolour A4 50 minute today plus yesterday's time.

View attachment 41922
Interesting that this piece didn't achieve what you wanted. To me who knows 4/5 of 5/8 of squat about art, the work is something I would happily buy.

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting that this piece didn't achieve what you wanted. To me who knows 4/5 of 5/8 of squat about art, the work is something I would happily buy.
Thank you, I can't say I'm unhappy with finished piece, it's just not what I can see in my mind. The whole process can be very frustrating, I can see the image i want firmly in my mind but trying to reproduce it onto paper can be so difficult and I suppose that leaves me feeling dissatisfied.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 41922
I agree with @ianpspurs - I would also happily buy your painting. Obviously this is going to trigger a bidding war.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 41922
That is okay :)

It is good you like that watercolour paper. I presume you have some more...

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all :)

was 4.6 this morning

eeh bah gum it's parky here, it's once again cold and windy with a touch of wet thrown in ;) was only 8'C this morning and 9'C by lunchtime :sorry:

Lunch at mum's was a great success and Katy was pleased to see us :joyful:

Mr gee and I knew when we were going to be looking after Katy for a spell because of her op. that we would end up getting more attached to her and miss her when she went back to mum's, but, it was the best thing to do for her.

@HarryBeau Since we do a lot of the dog walking, playing outside and vet/grooming visits etc. with Katy (and with Suzie before her too), it would seem wrong to bring another dog into the equation. We figure that we already have half a dog, but our half lives with mum too ;)

Thank you everyone for your kind comments on my art, your support is very much appreciated :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - quite a different feel to your digital art today, feels a bit allegorical and to my eyes the trees have the quality of graceful dancers :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I get what you mean about achieving something which pleases you but isn't quite what you envisioned when you started out, I mostly start work with something in my mind but my paintings seldom end up where I thought I was heading :hilarious: my gran would say 'these things are sent to try us...'
I love the light through the trees and it's reflections in the water in your latest painting :) and I'm glad you have found it a pleasing paper to work with.

art catch up -

no 1 - today's emulation is of a picture by Erin Hanson - I made it to try out a different colour pallet, Erin Hanson uses very very vibrant colours in, I think, probably acrylics. I wanted to see if I could push my comfort zone a bit, the sky is subtly the wrong colour but there are things about the hillsides I like :)
upload_2020-6-7_21-47-59.jpeg

no 2 - just a memory of a sunny day :)

upload_2020-6-7_22-1-16.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher I have revisited you daily digital picture, there is something very alluring about it, I spent awhile looking at it and I don't know why but it becomes difficult to walk away from, those trees especially the two front ones are quite sensuous, a piece that certainly would hold its own on the wall of a modern art gallery. Grows on me.

On my paper front there are 12 sheets in the pad, I have also managed to get some more Arches Watercolour cold pressed delivered today, my favourite.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all :)

was 4.6 this morning

eeh bah gum it's parky here, it's once again cold and windy with a touch of wet thrown in ;) was only 8'C this morning and 9'C by lunchtime :sorry:

Lunch at mum's was a great success and Katy was pleased to see us :joyful:

Mr gee and I knew when we were going to be looking after Katy for a spell because of her op. that we would end up getting more attached to her and miss her when she went back to mum's, but, it was the best thing to do for her.

@HarryBeau Since we do a lot of the dog walking, playing outside and vet/grooming visits etc. with Katy (and with Suzie before her too), it would seem wrong to bring another dog into the equation. We figure that we already have half a dog, but our half lives with mum too ;)

Thank you everyone for your kind comments on my art, your support is very much appreciated :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - quite a different feel to your digital art today, feels a bit allegorical and to my eyes the trees have the quality of graceful dancers :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I get what you mean about achieving something which pleases you but isn't quite what you envisioned when you started out, I mostly start work with something in my mind but my paintings seldom end up where I thought I was heading :hilarious: my gran would say 'these things are sent to try us...'
I love the light through the trees and it's reflections in the water in your latest painting :) and I'm glad you have found it a pleasing paper to work with.

art catch up -

no 1 - today's emulation is of a picture by Erin Hanson - I made it to try out a different colour pallet, Erin Hanson uses very very vibrant colours in, I think, probably acrylics. I wanted to see if I could push my comfort zone a bit, the sky is subtly the wrong colour but there are things about the hillsides I like :)
View attachment 41926

View attachment 41927
thank you for your comments on my watercolour. Yours today are very good, I agree the first does have some nice colour and detail in the hills, the second is in my opinion your signature style and a good piece of art, captured the seaside sunshine well.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
FBG 6.5
temp 35.6.

all good.

interesting and a little hope, from a video
"the eradication of smallpox" BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/ideas/videos/the-story-of-the-killer-disease-humanity-eradicate/p08g5m7y
Did you read the BBC report entitled the unseen harm done by Covid-19? One of the items mentioned is the massive reduction in vaccination programmes which is now likely to lead to the return of polio. Its a terribly sad story.
The idea that there may be many more deaths indirectly caused by Covid-19, than people dying from the virus is shocking.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6 for me today.

A bit brighter today outside. I am meeting SIL for long Mountain Bike Ride probably the last weekly one with him for awhile as Daughter and SIL will be returning to work.

Let the day take you where it will, take care and keep safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thank you very much @geefull
That is a lovely description of the trees.

art catch up -

upload_2020-6-7_21-47-59-jpeg.41926

upload_2020-6-7_22-1-16-jpeg.41927

Picture Number 1 - you do get pink skies like that. I have some photos I took of a sunset in the Lake District about 20 years ago. So I do like that pink sky. It reminded me as well of a lovely day out with J.
I like the hills as well, so many variations of coloring them. I think they are brilliant.

Painting number two - I like this as well The whole painting is brilliant. And I love the way you get all that detail of all those different greens in the hills, the simple areas of color which have depth and are very calming. You have the area of white, that white line between the sea in the sky, which J always told me to do.