What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I have revisited you daily digital picture, there is something very alluring about it, I spent awhile looking at it and I don't know why but it becomes difficult to walk away from, those trees especially the two front ones are quite sensuous, a piece that certainly would hold its own on the wall of a modern art gallery. Grows on me.

On my paper front there are 12 sheets in the pad, I have also managed to get some more Arches Watercolour cold pressed delivered today, my favourite.

Thank you for the interesting comment about my digital painting @Muddy Cyclist

I had intended putting more in that digital painting. I did not have a pre-planned idea how it was going to turn out but I knew I wanted to start with the trees. Then, suddenly I knew it was finished.

I am glad you have managed to source some more paper. There is nothing worse than not having the paper you want when you want it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

Temp 35.1

I have been watching the sky since 3 am. It was interesting up to 4am, and then an even dull grey cloudy cover came over....everywhere is still, even the smallest tree branches...

Take care

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day of partial blue in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of experimental stuffed meat products came in at 4.6 this am

I have just massaged my tonsils and the inside of my nostrils with a long handled cotton wool bud and stuck the thing into a tube, several layers of packing and placed in the front porch ready for collection. I don’t know which part of the procedure is my favourite, testing the gag reflex or the eye watering nasal rub. Still, another novel experience in lockdown loony land.

Plants to tend, koffy to slurp, not necessarily in that order. Have the best day that you can.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Had a good day yesterday. Got my book keeping stuff ready for Hillary to pick up today sometime - with strict social distancing o course - and my self assessment paperwork is ready to walk around to the accountant. Such a lovely feeling to have the stuff done. Still had time to read more of my book.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.9 on Libre reader @ 6.11 for me today. Who needs accuracy? It may not be possible to outrun/exercise a bad diet but it appears you can make an accommodation with this one. Red meat (pork belly from the lockdown 1/2 pig with especially excellent crackling), roast beetroot, onion, red pepper plus mushroom, tomatoes and some gravy were subdued by >23k steps. That is ok by me for a feast day. Anyone know where I can buy elephant garlic just to complete the roastage? @dunelm I hope the test comes back ok and the need for the testing has a good ending. Take care. Another chune for today's walks.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
5.3 this morning. Had a good day yesterday. Got my book keeping stuff ready for Hillary to pick up today sometime - with strict social distancing o course - and my self assessment paperwork is ready to walk around to the accountant. Such a lovely feeling to have the stuff done. Still had time to read more of my book.
All sounds good, what book are you reading?

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I know my digital paintings are not always popular or understood or liked, but I enjoy doing them very very much.
You can mull over it for as long as you want.........................................

Hmmmm
Is not art in all its forms subjective and not an absolute. I always like to see the pieces of art posted, I might not like the subject, but I can appreciate the skill. Please keep posting your pictures.
Like me trying to play the keyboard or plinky plonky as I call it, it gives me pleasure and I assume that your art does the same for you.
Don't stop.....please.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.10am FBG 5.4
A lazy day with too much alcohol.although I did manage to sort out the clothes. However the cat sitting on my lap is a very effective snack prevention. So not a high reading this morning.
Maybe I needed a rest day. Am feeling much brighter today. Hoping to get lots done. Before the predicted rain this afternoon. So now, out on my bike. See you later.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who missed the covid briefing this weekend.

A 5.8 this morning.

Well folks it's the start of another week, plans are to be made, tea and koffy drunk, bacon and eggs breakfasts, for me woodworking, keyboard playing....badly, looking forlornly at my motorcycle gathering dust will be on my agenda.
What about you fellow posters on this thread? What are your plans? Whatever have fun, smile, remember smiling is a sign of wind.

Hand and footnote, I'm not letting on about the chaos and mayhem I have planned.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All sounds good, what book are you reading?
The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths - the first book in the Dr Ruth Galloway mysteries. She is a forensic archaeologist based in Norfolk.

The series was recommended to me and I am really enjoying the first book.

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all..
Welcome to A Brave New World.
Doubleplus Good

FBG 6.1
temp 35.6

dropped madam off to work,
but before, she did shop for her dad.
so after, i stopped off to give him his food, all good.

Traffic much busier, not all back to work, but definitely a big uptick.

IMG_20200608_083510~01~01.jpg

off later to collect our steph....whoop whoop.
so day planned, and working out nicely.

An interesting weekend..:bag:

What did i learn...?

* New Lockdown rules seem to be
We CAN can go out, BUT must NOT meet up with more then a few thousand people at any one time

* History IS history, and Winners write the story
of it
BUT that viewpoint CAN and DOES change.

Many a terrorist is revered afterwards as a
Patriot / Freedom Fighter
And Vice Versa

And rare i agree with walsh or O'leary, but MG, they make a good point.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business...-[bbcnews_quarantine_newsbusiness_quarantine]

Have a good day all.

Survive this year we can survive anything.

we all have that hidden inner strength.
whoever we are

for @gennepher
words.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all..
well to A new world.

FBG 6.1
temp 35.6

dropped madam off to work,
but before she did shop for her dad.

Traffic much busier, not all back to work, but definitely a big uptick.

An interesting weekend.

What did i learn...?

* New Lockdown rules seem to be
We CAN can go out, BUT must NOT do that with MORE then a few thousand people, at one time.

* History IS history, and Winners write the story of it.
BUT that viewpoint CAN and DOES change.

Many a terrorist is revered afterwards as a Patriot/Freedom Fighter.
and Vice Versa

and rare i agree with walsh or O'leary, but MG, they make a good point.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business...-[bbcnews_quarantine_newsbusiness_quarantine]

Have a good day all.

Survive this year we can survive anything.

we all have that hidden inner strength.
whoever we are

for @gennepher
words.
Now there's a chune sir.
The Food Fairy ordered me a Spurs face covering which arrived today. I have now pre-ordered some of these
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/june/spurs-face-coverings-available-for-pre-order/ Should go down a storm with all the Emirates sponsored Newmarket hobbits.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 11.11.21.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 11.11.21.png
    60 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.9 on Libre reader @ 6.11 for me today. Who needs accuracy? It may not be possible to outrun/exercise a bad diet but it appears you can make an accommodation with this one. Red meat (pork belly from the lockdown 1/2 pig with especially excellent crackling), roast beetroot, onion, red pepper plus mushroom, tomatoes and some gravy were subdued by >23k steps. That is ok by me for a feast day. Anyone know where I can buy elephant garlic just to complete the roastage? @dunelm I hope the test comes back ok and the need for the testing has a good ending. Take care. Another chune for today's walks.

Thanks @ianpspurs - just making sure before our daughter goes back to work and our child minding business kicks off.
Love the Proclaimers - Sunshine On Leith is a wonderful piece of song writing - Pity about Hibernian.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now there's a chune sir.
The Food Fairy ordered me a Spurs face covering which arrived today. I have now pre-ordered some of these
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2020/june/spurs-face-coverings-available-for-pre-order/

And with a little normality and honest thinking outside the box,
We protect and respect others :

* Because it's the decent thing to do,
* It's sensible until we get a vaccine or definitive, effective treatments for those who DO fall ill with Covid
* AND because we WANT to, AND it make a difference to others.
* And we all Profit in some way.

GREAT idea.

WIN/WIN

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmmmm
Is not art in all its forms subjective and not an absolute. I always like to see the pieces of art posted, I might not like the subject, but I can appreciate the skill. Please keep posting your pictures.
Like me trying to play the keyboard or plinky plonky as I call it, it gives me pleasure and I assume that your art does the same for you.
Don't stop.....please.

Yes, it is subjective. There is much art in the wide world that I cannot resonate with, then inexplicably there is something that touches me, and I don't know why, or rather I cannot put it into words. I will continue to post daily, and sometimes with the digital paintings @alf_Josiah from time to time.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mr gee and I knew when we were going to be looking after Katy for a spell because of her op. that we would end up getting more attached to her and miss her when she went back to mum's, but, it was the best thing to do for her.

@HarryBeau Since we do a lot of the dog walking, playing outside and vet/grooming visits etc. with Katy (and with Suzie before her too), it would seem wrong to bring another dog into the equation. We figure that we already have half a dog, but our half lives with mum too ;)

Have to agree there, @geefull

we have adopted or been adopted by next doors cat.
we have a cat flap he has managed to break, so can access day or night, and we placed a small bell on our front door.

Which all means i seem to have become his Butler.:watching:

He slips through the cat flap, rings the bell for access, then parades in tail held high and checks out HIS food dish..
(yes i know, back / rod for :rolleyes:)

So i feed him if it's empty, then once he's sated, he sits OR lays WHEREVER he blooming likes.
usually on Lauren...:hilarious:

BUT while we never wanted a cat after we lost Our Beloved Belles,

We too now have the joy of half a cat.

although in our case it does seem WE have both halves living with us..:D

But we have none of the worries about holidays (anyone remember them,.,.sigh :arghh: )
or vets bills.

But would we have it any other way..?

NO a Chance..:happy:

Enjoy your day.
and a hug for Katy