What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just massaged my tonsils and the inside of my nostrils with a long handled cotton wool bud and stuck the thing into a tube, several layers of packing and placed in the front porch ready for collection. I don’t know which part of the procedure is my favourite, testing the gag reflex or the eye watering nasal rub. Still, another novel experience in lockdown loony land.
I hope all goes well with that testing @dunelm and everything surrounding it.

Reactions: dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you read the BBC report entitled the unseen harm done by Covid-19? One of the items mentioned is the massive reduction in vaccination programmes which is now likely to lead to the return of polio. Its a terribly sad story.
The idea that there may be many more deaths indirectly caused by Covid-19, than people dying from the virus is shocking.

No @SlimLizzy

i hadn't but i think i found the link and have now read it.
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200528-why-most-covid-19-deaths-wont-be-from-the-virus

have to agree, awful.

I'd argue the lock downs SHOULD have happened,
BUT been implemented properly with the work done to get all the PRE and POST spike procedures in place
SO we could unlock as quickly and as safely as we can,
thus resuming all the initiatives and protocols for treatments mentioned.

A feat we totally mismanaged here, imho

Thank you for the heads up, was an interesting, if disturbing read.

Ps.. nice to see the cats back..x

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lots to do here AA if you're able & willing

I'm an endangered species and currently under lock and key until 2050, otherwise, I'd be there in a flash with my Jiffy (or be there in a jiffy with my Flash) :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm an endangered species and currently under lock and key until 2050, otherwise, I'd be there in a flash with my Jiffy (or be there in a jiffy with my Flash) :)

There will be NO flashing here, Mr Alien.
Thank you very much .:stop:

:grumpy:

;)

Reactions: dunelm

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And rare i agree with walsh or O'leary, but MG, they make a good point.
Another distraction measure to take the focus on the lack of real protective measures that were needed way back in March.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...ooh exhausting schedule in the space of two days I've dealt with interviews in Wales & Wandsworth remotely of course...it doesn't feel much like work but it is and the added bonus was this morning I wore ill matched socks pyjamas & my false the interviews were conducted on speakerphone so as far as they are aware I'm smartly dressed hair is brushed & I am alert...getting to bed so late nowadays no real routine I am working but that involves no travel or searching for a parking space...the remote work is great & will provide some income but I am kind of missing the cut & thrust my work usually has...had breakfast & coffee just settling in for the news & lunch before I demolish my very small amount of paperwork....woek to a 6.3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most welcome @gennepher

it maybe possible, but the i couldn't see how you might get the subtitles up for the video.

I opened the video itself up in You Tube and there were no captions or subtitles for that particular video @jjraak It said Captions Unavailable

It is nice to be able to see an original video with captions as the video is being played. With being deaf ( as you probably realise), it is not the same if you have not seen a music video before, and you can only access words on a screen with no original video. The emotional aspect of the picture video is then lost for me.

But thank you very much for bringing up the video of words :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My soft pastel for today.
I worked from a photograph (not mine) I had.

I think I have come to realise, I cannot do defined clouds in sunsets or sunrises, without making them look like something. It is not intentional. Now that I have taken a photo of this pastel, I can now see on the top of the pastel an elongated whale. To the left under it I can see a mouse's head. To the right I can see a flying dinosaur.

When my mother was looking after me when I was a child, I was often ill, but she went out to work. And so I was locked in my bedroom (chamber pot was under the bed in case you were wondering). If she hadn't locked me in then I would have legged it.

So, to keep myself occupied I cloud watched all day. I watched animals, complete zoos, the seaside and children playing with buckets and spades making sandcastles, and much more. You name it, and I saw it in those clouds.

I still do cloud watch, but I am more likely now to see fantasy worlds, castles in the sky, the Greek gods, scenes played out....

CC42311D-AC29-4F77-8037-F24C1FFB5B80.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For once we really are world leading (joint with Mexico ) in how badly people think govt handling Covid
upload_2020-6-8_17-7-30.png

Edit to explain
The UK government now has the joint-lowest approval rating worldwide for its management of coronavirus, according to YouGov polling.

Only 41% of Britons say the government is managing the outbreak well, versus 56% who say it is mishandling it. This gives a net score of -15, down from -6 the week previously, and on a par with Mexico.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths - the first book in the Dr Ruth Galloway mysteries. She is a forensic archaeologist based in Norfolk.

The series was recommended to me and I am really enjoying the first book.
I might see if I can get it in ebook from what used to be my local library.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For once we really are world leading (joint with Mexico ) in how badly people think govt handling Covid
View attachment 41943

Edit to explain
The UK government now has the joint-lowest approval rating worldwide for its management of coronavirus, according to YouGov polling.

Only 41% of Britons say the government is managing the outbreak well, versus 56% who say it is mishandling it. This gives a net score of -15, down from -6 the week previously, and on a par with Mexico.

Nice post.

I knew it was poor, but this eye Openly BAD

think the only bone of contention is WHAT the **** where the 41% thinking.

Can't think of many ways this COULD be worse.

though i do expect the next poll to be even worse.

cheers for link and post

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.6 this morning.

it's really a nice day today here, a bit of a chilly breeze off the sea but very pleasant in the sunshine :joyful:

We had a walk around the village after lunch and then decided to do a bit in the garden.

Did some sea buckthorn chopping and then followed up with some strimming so the next thing will be making buttery scrambled eggs and bacon for tea ;) and then ... probably a long hot shower to get the random bits of green out of my hair :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Art catch up
no 1 - emulating John Horsewell, he uses very strong but fairly limited colour in acrylic and goes for very dramatic skies in landscape. Not really possible to get the same texture in watercolour but it's an interesting exercise for me just the same :)
upload_2020-6-8_21-31-40.jpeg

no 2 - a cooler view, in what seems to be my own default style ;) I'm quite pleased with how the rocky foreground area turned out.
upload_2020-6-8_21-37-22.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My art for today was Plein Air whilst out with my SIL on a 4 hour Mountain Bike Ride. I stopped and did two very quick watercolour sketches. First High above Sherbrooke Valley trail went between two Silver Birch Trees on the heathland with a view of the valley looking north, this I will now do as a proper painting with more detail.

Total painting time 10 minutes for each, SIL timed me for each one, :joyful:

IMG_3318.JPG

The second looks odd, the fire damaged area with its burnt Silver Birch Trees is growing again, odd ferns are shooting like green umbrella handles, no other plants yet. The trees have dropped many burnt leaves in the winds and it also look autumnal. Yes my ferns look very odd but I was outside with limited kit so they are a bit large.

IMG_3317.JPG

Thumbnail of Ferns..IMG_3323.JPG

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.6 this morning.

it's really a nice day today here, a bit of a chilly breeze off the sea but very pleasant in the sunshine :joyful:

We had a walk around the village after lunch and then decided to do a bit in the garden.

Did some sea buckthorn chopping and then followed up with some strimming so the next thing will be making buttery scrambled eggs and bacon for tea ;) and then ... probably a long hot shower to get the random bits of green out of my hair :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Art catch up
no 1 - emulating John Horsewell, he uses very strong but fairly limited colour in acrylic and goes for very dramatic skies in landscape. Not really possible to get the same texture in watercolour but it's an interesting exercise for me just the same :)
View attachment 41948

no 2 - a cooler view, in what seems to be my own default style ;) I'm quite pleased with how the rocky foreground area turned out.
View attachment 41953
Like both of these and agree the foreground detail in the second is good. Both have worked very well.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My soft pastel for today.
I worked from a photograph (not mine) I had.

I think I have come to realise, I cannot do defined clouds in sunsets or sunrises, without making them look like something. It is not intentional. Now that I have taken a photo of this pastel, I can now see on the top of the pastel an elongated whale. To the left under it I can see a mouse's head. To the right I can see a flying dinosaur.

When my mother was looking after me when I was a child, I was often ill, but she went out to work. And so I was locked in my bedroom (chamber pot was under the bed in case you were wondering). If she hadn't locked me in then I would have legged it.

So, to keep myself occupied I cloud watched all day. I watched animals, complete zoos, the seaside and children playing with buckets and spades making sandcastles, and much more. You name it, and I saw it in those clouds.

I still do cloud watch, but I am more likely now to see fantasy worlds, castles in the sky, the Greek gods, scenes played out....

View attachment 41942
Quite menagerie you have let loose today, :joyful: I do like the water and reed detail, all works well even with the flying beasties.

Cloud watching is magical and very therapeutic. My youngest grandaughter of 4 years is brilliant at it she can weave mystical stories as the clouds pass, very entertaining and often bizarre.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Art catch up
upload_2020-6-8_21-31-40-jpeg.41948

upload_2020-6-8_21-37-22-jpeg.41953
It seems you had a good day @geefull
I absolutely love number one painting. It is still in your style but it's beautiful bright colors. It is quite uplifting.

Number two is your signature style. And you are developing those different shades of greens brilliantly. I love the simplicity with no trees, no houses just the landscape. It is soothing and calming.

Reactions: jjraak