What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.2 this morning

a bit breezy here today but mum enjoyed her outing and was happy to get to the bank :) There was quite a queue outside the bank though, only two masked bods allowed inside and everyone else socially distanced outside on the pavement.

mr gee and I passed the time whilst she was waiting in line grinning about imagining going into the bank and doing the Kenneth Williams 'stick up' sketch

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@lindisfel - I live on the East Coast of the Highlands, it's rather 'flatter' than the West ;) so I'm very fortunate in that I don't have to go too far, as for insects I don't mind the buzzing but daddy long legs and earwigs give me the wobblies :hilarious:

@dunelm - nice fluid foliage again and delicate petals :)
much mask wearing here too since they're mandatory in shops. I made some natty layered cotton ones with a toggle to fasten so they don't nip the ears quite as much. Putting on the washing machine for a couple of masks is a bit much sometimes so boiling a pan of water on the stove top works for me.

@Muddy Cyclist - Lovely Japanese style painting, very convincing, I like the hint of mountains :) and your next tree is a 'tour de force' strong and very solid.

@gennepher - nice friendly looking butterfly. they're not easy to portray.

Art bit -
just paint today ;)

View attachment 42670
Great artwork but how did you know what my voice sounds like?

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Muddy,
That smell of a hot shoes being sized and bedded, (whatever your farrier son calls it?) before being quenched and fitted, brings back memories of the smell of cart horses being shod when I went to school as a small child.
The dust cart, bread van and milk wagon were all pulled by horses at the end of the war.

I worked at Sutton Coldfield when I was in your area and could see the opposition at Hints out of the window.:)
D.
Cross the Reservoir regularly to my sons cottage at Marston On Dove, see birdwatchers there most weekends. Close to there is a pub The Blith Inn where we have performed from time to time, folk band stuff, theyhave a small touring Caravan site with hookups on the far end of the car park, great stop over and very quiet, good pub food also.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Your better than I would be gennepher, I have hands like a bunch of bananas.

I have been practicing chrysanthemums for tomorrow’s painting. But so far it doesn’t even resemble a chrysanthemum. And now I remember I really hated painting chrysanthemums in the 1990’s...

I prefer twisty cherry/plum trees and landscapes. Much easier and much more fun to paint with the little finger...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
BS 4.0 this evening. Since mid morning it has stayed around 4.0 most of the day. Only rising a little for a short time after lunch and dinner.

Will be interesting to see what fbs will be tomorrow. Usually my liver throws a 'hissy fit ' when I am this low and I get a high fbs the next morning . I am sure at some point this will stop and I won't get the spike. Fingers crossed that tomorrow.I will be in the 4s not the 6s.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7
Temp 36.1

There was this dead weight on my feet when I needed to get up and visit the bathroom in the night. It wouldn't shift. So I turned on the light, and poked and prodded it. There didn't appear to be any discernible breathing coming from Popeye (cat), so I lifted his paws. Flop down they went. I tried moving his head, then he scared me by lifting up his head. He sprang into life. And accompanied me to the bathroom. I went back to bed and was just dozing back off when a paw patted my face gently, and a cat whiskered face investigated the contours of my face...that was the end of sleep at 2:50 am....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks like this has taken me 45 mins to do, that’s when my fbg was posted. So, in ZenBrush2, using my little finger to draw this ‘chrysanthemum’ on my small iPhone screen (the iPad screen was too big and too daunting for this attempt...)

I chose the Papyrus paper to give the yellowness of the chrysanthemum. The red for the seal turned out shocking pink on this paper, so I had to use the rubber to shade the pink out as much as possible.

Now to try and get some sleep...that cat is asleep....

35480F93-14CF-423A-8DAB-906D6D95A387.jpeg

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

Tesco awaits the pleasure of my company, not sure I await theirs, but needs must.

MIL bungalow visit to let estate agent measure up and start emptying some cupboards, not a job that we are looking forward too.

Onwards ever onwards we go weaving stories along the way, I hope your day allows you to be authors of a great story. Keep safe.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Started Tresiba last Wednesday and for a few days my reading were high during the day but carried on today my reading on rising was 4.5 now am wondering if need some fast acting insulin for breakfast and lunch but do nto want the readings to go lower in a morning am back to see the Nurse tomorrow so hopefully she will enlighten me

Reactions: alf_Josiah

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's happy Bin Day and the start of a new week. Not only that, but it was also garden waste day which means her ladyship will be issuing new orders in her continuing campaign to make our home green again. I can only hope the grey skies mean rain and I can delay the inevitable ;)

Oh, nearly forgot, a 6.1 showed up this morning which, on the world stage of 'catastrophes I can expect', is quite tame.

Enjoy the day :)

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Really happy with that as it wasn't a huge DP rise this morning. It looks like liver is beginning to get hang of these lower blood sugars (3.5 during the night). Maybe because I am becoming hypo unaware (if that is the right term for it) so my liver isn't getting an alert to flood my system with glucose.

This is good news for me as it should stop the roller coaster blood sugars I have been getting lately.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. My fbg readings averaged out at 4.5, so fair to middling like the St Swithun's weather. There will be a fair amount of cognitive dissonance for me should these readings since about April prove accurate. Does it really only take a bucketful of supplements and 16 hrs a day of steps to make a difference? I hope the shopping and bungalow tasks are not too stressful @Muddy Cyclist . @PatsyB I hope the nurse gives some useful advice when you meet. @Alien Aspie sounds like your sense of perspective remains firmly intact. We didn't venture even unto Ely yesterday - I was distracted by bright, shiny objects - I'll go today. Toodle pip chums

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like this has taken me 45 mins to do, that’s when my fbg was posted. So, in ZenBrush2, using my little finger to draw this ‘chrysanthemum’ on my small iPhone screen (the iPad screen was too big and too daunting for this attempt...)

I chose the Papyrus paper to give the yellowness of the chrysanthemum. The red for the seal turned out shocking pink on this paper, so I had to use the rubber to shade the pink out as much as possible.

Now to try and get some sleep...that cat is asleep....

View attachment 42675
Smashing. Well done little finger

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and who celebrate national bin day.

A 5.7 on the meter of mystery and naughtiness this morning.

Since lockdown or shielding started me and me's are missing my pals chaos and mayhem, my get into trouble bucket is full with schemes that require implementing.
Well folks what are your plans for today, something to bring a smile to a strangers face I hope. Now I must sign out and drink koffy with two spoonfulls of etc, etc.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had a fabulous time in London yesterday getting there was a bit of a nightmare... made good time on the A1 however when I arrived in the capital the diversions were a nightmare so many pavement widenings for social distancing purposes...I was confused because many of extended pavements came to an abrupt end so there was no advantage to using them & the public weren't...lots of new no entry & single lane streets it seemed to take forever to get through the centre ...the London I know (used to ) like the back of my hand wasn't the London I recognised yesterday...finally got to Siobhans house & we set off for lunch to a charming Turkish Restaurant in Pimlico table service...lots of social distancing hand sanitiser and attention...the food was delicious I over indulged...interesting when I parked the car the charges were more expensive if you had a diesel vehicle (mine is petrol) I paid £4.50ph diesel would be £5.50ph a bit of a hike...in total it cost £15 congestion charge with no discount for autopay then £9.50 to park before we'd even spent any money...but such a good day lots of chatting laughing & excellent food...woke to a 6.7...keep safe.