What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not good but an idea on the Japanese Art thread from my bike ride, supposed to be Pines, Ferns and Stepping Stones in Sherbrooke Valley given the zen treatment..too much going on me thinks.
IMG_3490.JPG

The size of this is on the back of some old business cards so done with my thin rigger brush.

lindisfel

Expert
They've become all modern and won't accept Eels in payment these days as they claim it is a health hazard. I do mourn the old ways. Health and safety gone mad. Hereward the Wake wouldn't have tolerated it, he'd soon have been on twitter blasting cancel culture.:angelic:
Just you be careful, Ianspurs, when you are out bog trotting. I nearly ended up in a real mess when I was young and a Northern fen bog trotter. :)

lindisfel

Expert
Not good but an idea on the Japanese Art thread from my bike ride, supposed to be Pines, Ferns and Stepping Stones in Sherbrooke Valley given the zen treatment..too much going on me thinks.
View attachment 42660
The size of this is on the back of some old business cards so done with my thin rigger brush.
You guys are really creative.

Btw Muddy cyclist, when I was newly married I worked in your area for a few months and used to birdwatch on Blithfield Reservoir..I see its a regular walking spot nowadays.
regards
Derek

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Leaving the Japanese paintings to the professionals on the thread and started my next Watercolour, A4 and a tree I regularly cycle under on my way to Cannock Chase, I have given it Evening treatment from a week ago when I went for a Last of the light Ride with my SIL. There is a dirt track and Mill Race beneath it, not sure quite where I am going with the foreground may finish it later or Wednesday.
IMG_3495.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 42660
I like this @Muddy Cyclist
It is your take on this.
No rules. It can be how you like/enjoy doing.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You guys are really creative.

Btw Muddy cyclist, when I was newly married I worked in your area for a few months and used to birdwatch on Blithfield Reservoir..I see its a regular walking spot nowadays.
regards
Derek
Cross the Reservoir regularly to my sons cottage at Marston On Dove, see birdwatchers there most weekends. Close to there is a pub The Blith Inn where we have performed from time to time, folk band stuff, theyhave a small touring Caravan site with hookups on the far end of the car park, great stop over and very quiet, good pub food also.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Leaving the Japanese paintings to the professionals on the thread and started my next Watercolour, A4 and a tree I regularly cycle under on my way to Cannock Chase, I have given it Evening treatment from a week ago when I went for a Last of the light Ride with my SIL. There is a dirt track and Mill Race beneath it, not sure quite where I am going with the foreground may finish it later or Wednesday.
View attachment 42666

I love this tree @Muddy Cyclist and the gentle sunset. It is my kind of a tree I would love to paint myself!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just you be careful, Ianspurs, when you are out bog trotting. I nearly ended up in a real mess when I was young and a Northern fen bog trotter. :)
We natives all have webbed feet (and green wellies) no doubt you have adapted

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's long time ago Muddy cyclist. The reservoir was probably less than ten years old then.

Nice you have your family nearby.
Our two went off to Uni and got jobs and married away from here.
One has to give ones children the freedom to realise their potential.
Yes we are lucky. Son is a farrier, self employed, and the area is quite horsey and so it made sense for him to stay in Staffordshire, he is very busy and so right decision. Daughter teaches in Lichfield and so is also close.

lindisfel

Expert
A nice picture geefull, I was wondering if you are yearning for sunlit low hills and flower filled meadows buzzing with insects?

Good evening all :)

4.4 today

it's been lovely mild day here today (when it wasn't showery ;)), a quietish day doing small jobs around the house after all the rattling about last week.

Tomorrow, by request, we're taking mum to visit her bank in a neighbouring town so we may try for a takeaway (who would have thought getting a takeaway would feel like an adventure :hilarious:).

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - very strong bamboo painting, can almost hear the wind whispering through the leaves :)

@gennepher - your artwork today speaks, it's very strong and structured and with a vivid palette :)

@lindisfel - lovely view near where you live :) and I enjoy your colourful kingfisher, not a bird we get much here in the Highlands though I have seen one occasionally in other places.

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting to see the change usiing acrylic, deeper and perhaps richer but less transparent, still love the foreground fireworks :joyful:.
I haven't tried acrylics except for one go with some dried up ones someone gave me and I'm still learning watercolour basics, so I feel I can try more colours if I get pans but I'll probably move to tubes when I've got a better idea of my own palette, it makes sense.
I hear good things about Sennelier ;)

My grandfather used to paint in oils, he died when I was a child but I remember the smell so very well.

Arty bit -

perhaps the last resist trial for now, I may try it again in the future and may also try @gennepher 's idea with either white gouache or correction pens or something similar. It's fun to try different things sometimes.

View attachment 42647

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 42666
Really good treatment of a tree

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been practicing chrysanthemums for tomorrow’s painting. But so far it doesn’t even resemble a chrysanthemum. And now I remember I really hated painting chrysanthemums in the 1990’s...

I prefer twisty cherry/plum trees and landscapes. Much easier and much more fun to paint with the little finger...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been practicing chrysanthemums for tomorrow’s painting. But so far it doesn’t even resemble a chrysanthemum. And now I remember I really hated painting chrysanthemums in the 1990’s...

I prefer twisty cherry/plum trees and landscapes. Much easier and much more fun to paint with the little finger...
So paint and draw cherry and plum trees, fun is what it's all about, do what you enjoy most, be happy. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.2 this morning

a bit breezy here today but mum enjoyed her outing and was happy to get to the bank :) There was quite a queue outside the bank though, only two masked bods allowed inside and everyone else socially distanced outside on the pavement.

mr gee and I passed the time whilst she was waiting in line grinning about imagining going into the bank and doing the Kenneth Williams 'stick up' sketch

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@lindisfel - I live on the East Coast of the Highlands, it's rather 'flatter' than the West ;) so I'm very fortunate in that I don't have to go too far, as for insects I don't mind the buzzing but daddy long legs and earwigs give me the wobblies :hilarious:

@dunelm - nice fluid foliage again and delicate petals :)
much mask wearing here too since they're mandatory in shops. I made some natty layered cotton ones with a toggle to fasten so they don't nip the ears quite as much. Putting on the washing machine for a couple of masks is a bit much sometimes so boiling a pan of water on the stove top works for me.

@Muddy Cyclist - Lovely Japanese style painting, very convincing, I like the hint of mountains :) and your next tree is a 'tour de force' strong and very solid.

@gennepher - nice friendly looking butterfly. they're not easy to portray.

Art bit -
just paint today ;)

upload_2020-7-14_19-50-30.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.2 this morning

a bit breezy here today but mum enjoyed her outing and was happy to get to the bank :) There was quite a queue outside the bank though, only two masked bods allowed inside and everyone else socially distanced outside on the pavement.

mr gee and I passed the time whilst she was waiting in line grinning about imagining going into the bank and doing the Kenneth Williams 'stick up' sketch

@lindisfel - I live on the East Coast of the Highlands, it's rather 'flatter' than the West ;) so I'm very fortunate in that I don't have to go too far, as for insects I don't mind the buzzing but daddy long legs and earwigs give me the wobblies :hilarious:

much mask wearing here too since they're mandatory in shops. I made some natty layered cotton ones with a toggle to fasten so they don't nip the ears quite as much. Putting on the washing machine for a couple of masks is a bit much sometimes so boiling a pan of water on the stove top works for me.

@Muddy Cyclist - Lovely Japanese style painting, very convincing, I like the hint of mountains :) and your next tree is a 'tour de force' strong and very solid.

Art bit -
just paint today ;)

View attachment 42670

Thank you for the butterfly compliment @geefull

I like your painting very much. I think it is one of my favourites so far.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.2 this morning

Art bit -
just paint today ;)

View attachment 42670

Great atmosphere, well captured. I remember many days like this walking in both the Lake District, in Wales and also in Scotland