What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I should have left yesterday's paintings as it was, FINISHED in @gennepher eyes and mine really. Still in good Muudy. Cyclist fashion I had to twiddle. I am definitely not an abstract artist :banghead: don't like it, will bin it but will foolishly show you the mess I have made of what was a good stand alone painting. Lesson learnt DONT FIDDLE and KNOW WHEN TO STOP.

View attachment 43010
How did it get so green?

PS so you can compare here is yesterday's...
View attachment 43011 Much better

Don't bin it. It is still a good painting @Muddy Cyclist
You are being too hard on yourself.

If you hadn't shown us the initial play with the colours blending, we wouldn't have seen there was a different painting, underneath this final painting you did today.
I like the painting you have done today. Even though the 'underlay' of the different colours blending has now gone from view, today's painting has a quality that wouldn't have been possible without this 'underlay'.

I do like the feel of today's painting very much.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher , Liking that ..very abstract, as you say

@Alien Aspie very much reminded me of one of bansky's simpler efforts, and all the better for it.

@dunelm liked that

@geefull ..do agree..liking how that sky looks too..
can imagine just waiting for the sun to peek through, before laying down the towels, and heading in for that much wanted swim

Hope your feeling better @Muddy Cyclist , nasty fall,
and agree got to get back out there when you have rested up a bit.
and as for pic..mmhh

i see a sniper/bird watcher, waiting patiently in the long grass.

but i take genns point..
IF you hadn't shown the first viewing, i'd have assumed you were just expanding the more usual, long range, mid range view to a more, up close and personal viewpoint

Reactions: UserABC2021

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and yes up at silly o'clock.
but all is well.:)

favour to wife's friend
collected her mum and ran her home after holiday.
there and back, 140 miles, late night flight and much hanging around
BUT i got her home safe & sound and checked all was well at home
before a quick cuppa then heading back home.

so a quick catch up, soon off to bed, and a well deserved lie in.

brownie points & a lie in..Unheard of...:hilarious:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 at 0500 and it seems today is set to be a scorcher here, 30deg on the cards :woot:

In the garden today so best grease up and cover-up as I'm no fan of the sun. Have fun and enjoy your day :)

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.9 at 5 am (as well)

Temp 35.5

A most beautiful vivid sunrise.
Had disturbed dreams in the night, but fortunately cannot remember them.
I think we are promised high temperatures today.

I think, put the washing on now, and it will dry outside today.

And another cuppa while I sit and watch the garden...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and yes up at silly o'clock.
but all is well.:)

favour to wife's friend
collected her mum and ran her home after holiday.
there and back, 140 miles, late night flight and much hanging around
BUT i got her home safe & sound and checked all was well at home
before a quick cuppa then heading back home.

so a quick catch up, soon off to bed, and a well deserved lie in.

brownie points & a lie in..Unheard of...:hilarious:

You were a Good Samaritan @jjraak

A long day for you. Enjoy your lie in.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 at 0500 and it seems today is set to be a scorcher here, 30deg on the cards :woot:

In the garden today so best grease up and cover-up as I'm no fan of the sun. Have fun and enjoy your day :)

Not envying your hard labour this morning with the 2 man assembly job @Alien Aspie

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5,9 for me today.

Mrs MC and I are visiting Dorothy Clive Gardens this morning which will be a nice quiet ramble. Then nothing until family virtual meal this evening.

The day is yours do the best you are able with it. Keep safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't bin it. It is still a good painting @Muddy Cyclist
You are being too hard on yourself.

If you hadn't shown us the initial play with the colours blending, we wouldn't have seen there was a different painting, underneath this final painting you did today.
I like the painting you have done today. Even though the 'underlay' of the different colours blending has now gone from view, today's painting has a quality that wouldn't have been possible without this 'underlay'.

I do like the feel of today's painting very much.
Thank you, not binned it I have a folder in which I put these sort of paintings, it's surprising how in a few years I can look through it and see them in a different light. :)

I am going to have another attempt and stop much sooner as I did like the original free flowing watercolour.

Thanks for good wishes for today, visit should be good, bruise hurts more:banghead:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Dogs snoozing - they don't look much like they want to go out for a walk. I know exactly how they feel.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Seems as though varying degrees of scorchio will be the order of the day. In my youth I loved physical, outdoor work on these days but now 4 decades of teaching and decline have changed that. @Alien Aspie I hope you are in the shade well before it is too hot. On Libre I was 4.2 @ 6.46 - I seem to be sleeping longer lately. We decided to leave the ceiling fans in the lounge and master bedroom to see how they worked - good idea. Interesting day here as granddaughter in Southampton is 2, it is Super Salmon (and avo) Salad day and builder is making a delayed appearance - new baby permitting. @Muddy Cyclist hope the bruise doesn't detract from the visit to the Gardens; @Krystyna23040 let sleeping dogs lie? @jjraak kind act indeed. Take care people.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today.
It is unfinished, but I have already spent a lot longer than my allocated time of one hour. One and 3/4 hours.
Again it is from Hokusai, First Manga Master book.
It is from the section, 'Landscapes, Mountains and Water, The Images of Permanence'.
I am trying to learn from this guy.

I was making a mess of it. Then quickly realised this picture was actually about perspective. Once I realised that, I began to improve. I would like to have spent longer, but the washing doesn't get hung up in the garden by itself, and the cat is becoming pestiferous attempting to press the delete button, and succeeded, but I have got into the habit of saving my sketch every 60 seconds...

So this is my effort for today...

42492CC2-38DA-4082-A434-5E03B64A1B8F.jpeg

Reactions: alf_Josiah