What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
art bit -
thought I would have another try at the Graphitint pencils, so the drawing is done with those with an added watercolour wash.
It's a bit of the nearby church, not exactly plein air but from inside because of the rain ;)
upload_2020-8-27_19-55-27-jpeg.43571

Thank you for the art compliment @geefull

The tinted graphite pencils and watercolour work really well on here.
I like it...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me it definitely is, I hate being a passenger in a car and if I have to do it I sit up front ;)

I don't do passenger @Alien Aspie and @geefull
As a child and teenager, I crouched and hid in the car well behind the front seat. As soon as I was 17 and got my driving licence I wouldn't let anyone else drive. I am the driver, not a passenger...

When I had my cochlear op, I had to come home by taxi. Never ever again, it was the drive from hell. I was screaming internally. I will never ever forget that ride. It was worse than the worst hell raising amusement ride. Next time I have an operation I will drive my own car there, and drive myself home. Better still, I am not having any more operations...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.1
This is taking a long time to come down after those potatoes...

Painting for today in Procreate.
I was thinking of @dunelm 's seed head type sketch. So popped these at the front. I imported some brushes I n to Procreate. And went into the settings of this brushstroke. A thousand different ways to alter it, but I couldn't see an awful lot of difference. I didn't use a fraction of the adjustments to the brush stroke. It is a good job the individual brush stroke settings return to default when you come back to that brush stroke. But there must be a way of saving the settings you like. I will have to look into that.

Anyway, here it is. An autumn wander...

Now I need a nap after being up so early, and so does this iPad, down to 3% battery...it was 100% battery charge when I turned this on at 3.30 am this morning...

I have to go out in an hour, only time for a power nap

65CFEB00-1964-4A39-BF4C-5420AE4BB677.jpeg

EDIT : Not enough light source in this painting...it needs a rework...but no time this minute...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy salmon and avocado salad day everyone. My fbg was in the 4s - 4.9 Stabby or 4.4 Scanny. Meanwhile, MIL sold her house for the asking price in under a week and is here this weekend to look at 6 bungalows. We have a tradesman coming to gve us a quote for work to make this house more to my taste and/or sellable but October seems to be the earliest tradesmen here are available. Bearing in mind the weather, the micro and macro environment I'm in and the character of those running UK and USA 4s are remarkable. Oh, and there is salmon today - with crispy skin, salad and avocado and my grandson:woot: Take care of those gashes @Muddy Cyclist and cover up folks or you will need to invent a pron star name for zoom.

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 for me and all's well :)

Today I am mostly.... no idea, such plans as I had have been changed by her ladyship and now I shall see what the day brings.

Enjoy the day :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 8.1

I was thinking of @dunelm 's seed head type sketch. So popped these at the front. I imported some brushes I n to Procreate. And went into the settings of this brushstroke. A thousand different ways to alter it, but I couldn't see an awful lot of difference. I didn't use a fraction of the adjustments to the brush stroke. It is a good job the individual brush stroke settings return to default when you come back to that brush stroke. But there must be a way of saving the settings you like. I will have to look into that.

Now I need a nap after being up so early, and so does this iPad, down to 3% battery...it was 100% battery charge when I turned this on at 3.30 am this morning...

View attachment 43573

EDIT : Not enough light source in this painting...it needs a rework...but no time this minute...
Another good piece of work in a different style, like the seed heads giving some depth, it will be interesting to see how you handle the light.

You are right about my camper van definitely good job it's now not a chicken coop. :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 this morning. 4.1 last night. So.It does look as though DP is definitely not happening any more.

It's only taken nearly 4 years to 'bite the dust ' but must mean that healing is continuing slowly in the background and mostly un-noticed.

Rain has stopped so hopefully a dry dog walk.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.4 for me today, I will put it down to 8 hours sleep which is so much more than my usual 4 to 5 hours just because I can't see how the last 48 hours food intake and 12 hour fast caused it.

I think we are planning a visit to MILs bungalow to check it after the storms. For some reason it is not selling even when properties in the rest of the country seems to be going like hot cakes. Needs some new windows but price reflects that according to estate agent.

Be kind to yourselves, keep safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's splash, yes it rained cats and dogs, so I escaped to get paint and took my sketch pad and pan paints and did a Plein Air watercoloursketch from the comfort of my VW camper van whilst crossing Cannock Chase. This is farmers fields near Slitting Mill. A4 about 20 minutes whilst listening to Beethovens 7th Symphony and drinking a cup of coffee I had brewed, bliss.
I shall make a proper painting from the sketch...
View attachment 43567
I really like these sketches, the understated yet detailed - Beethovens 7th - I always think of Beethoven as the first rock star and especially like The Eroica (3rd).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.4 this morning - which seems a long time ago ;)

out early to the big shed for volunteering then picked up some take away for dinner, very nice chicken shashlik with side salad and coleslaw, without the Turkish bread ;)

Hope your day is treating you mostly gently :)

@gennepher - interesting painting today, I like it, it's a curious sort of blend of old and young feeling with it's slight, mysterious smile, rather Gaia-esque :)

@dunelm - nice, calming. Like a cross betwen dandelion clocks and slow blooming fireworks :)

@Alien Aspie - is flying like driving, less nausea inducing when you're the one in control? (I used to be travel sick all the time when I was younger :().

@Muddy Cyclist - ouchy! - hope the scrapes heal quickly.
Like the plein air sketch very much, that's a lovely sky :)

art bit -
thought I would have another try at the Graphitint pencils, so the drawing is done with those with an added watercolour wash.
It's a bit of the nearby church, not exactly plein air but from inside because of the rain ;)
View attachment 43571
Thank you for your comments. Pencil and wash - I like it, for some reason it reminds me of St Emilion

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your comments. Pencil and wash - I like it, for some reason it reminds me of St Emilion
Not meant to drink it.:angelic: I loved the dinky train around the vineyards and the main square where we had a very serviceable meal of ostrich steak with Roquefort (and a pretentious oaf loudly giving everyone a (poor) wine tasting lesson)

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 8.1

View attachment 43573

Seed heads working well - will be interesting to see where the light pops in.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very wet and windy start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Flamenco Eggs -Spain on a plate - came in at 5.2 this am

Car watching - mostly nodding sagely as Mrs Miggins points some out from her internet search - this may take some time.

I plan to nip down to Birmingham on my bike when this bluster and rain allow in order to wire up an new “shed” that my son has built - three rooms - gym, utility and workshop/bike store. Meantime Mrs Miggins is doing a child grab later on - three grandchildren staying over for a few days.

Some trees today - from a dark and dangerous photo. I sketched them out a couple of days ago. It needs a bit of work but not sure I want to.

Have a wonderful day, hope your weather is kinder than it is here at the moment. Koffy.
upload_2020-8-28_9-6-41.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very wet and windy start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Flamenco Eggs -Spain on a plate - came in at 5.2 this am

Car watching - mostly nodding sagely as Mrs Miggins points some out from her internet search - this may take some time.

I plan to nip down to Birmingham on my bike when this bluster and rain allow in order to wire up an new “shed” that my son has built - three rooms - gym, utility and workshop/bike store. Meantime Mrs Miggins is doing a child grab later on - three grandchildren staying over for a few days.

Some trees today - from a dark and dangerous photo. I sketched them out a couple of days ago. It needs a bit of work but not sure I want to.

Have a wonderful day, hope your weather is kinder than it is here at the moment. Koffy.
View attachment 43577
Very Grimm Bros Inc - or the inside of DJT's mind.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really like these sketches, the understated yet detailed - Beethovens 7th - I always think of Beethoven as the first rock star and especially like The Eroica (3rd).
Thank you. Beethoven was probably genetically engineered into my soul by my father. He would lock himself in the front room, put a 78 on the old gramophone, pinch one of moms knitting needles and conduct whole Symphonies, he had wild hair and would appear at the end exhausted and disheveled. He used to take us to concerts and sit with the complete score to a symphony following it through to the end. In those days complete scores in A5 sized books could be purchased, probably not all of the instrument parts.