What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a very wet and windy start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Flamenco Eggs -Spain on a plate - came in at 5.2 this am

Car watching - mostly nodding sagely as Mrs Miggins points some out from her internet search - this may take some time.

I plan to nip down to Birmingham on my bike when this bluster and rain allow in order to wire up an new “shed” that my son has built - three rooms - gym, utility and workshop/bike store. Meantime Mrs Miggins is doing a child grab later on - three grandchildren staying over for a few days.

Some trees today - from a dark and dangerous photo. I sketched them out a couple of days ago. It needs a bit of work but not sure I want to.

Have a wonderful day, hope your weather is kinder than it is here at the moment. Koffy.
View attachment 43577

Interesting black and white sketch @dunelm
Looks a bit ominous at the end of the path...

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's splash, yes it rained cats and dogs, so I escaped to get paint and took my sketch pad and pan paints and did a Plein Air watercoloursketch from the comfort of my VW camper van whilst crossing Cannock Chase. This is farmers fields near Slitting Mill. A4 about 20 minutes whilst listening to Beethovens 7th Symphony and drinking a cup of coffee I had brewed, bliss.
I shall make a proper painting from the sketch...
View attachment 43567
Beautiful :)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quick sketch while I'm waiting on her ladyship :)

IMG_0147.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
received_414523449522748.jpeg
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen for yesterday and today. Yesterday I went for a long motorcycle ride around Wiltshire.
Bloods yesterday 6.7 and today 6.2.

Now hopefully I can attach a picture of one of the white horses.
received_733645970820361.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
View attachment 43582 Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen for yesterday and today. Yesterday I went for a long motorcycle ride around Wiltshire.

Now hopefully I can attach a picture of one of the white horses. View attachment 43581
Hi Alf,
Very nice Alf.
Horses are ok but that revolting giant at Cerne Abbas may be censored by a prudish moderator, assuming there is such an animal? !:);) D.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 43582 Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen for yesterday and today. Yesterday I went for a long motorcycle ride around Wiltshire.

Now hopefully I can attach a picture of one of the white horses. View attachment 43581
Nice photos of the Wiltshire white horse chase. How many did you get to see?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nice photos of the Wiltshire white horse chase. How many did you get to see?
I saw Hackpen, the one overlooking Alton Barnes and the one at Devizes. I rode past the one just outside Marlborough, it was obscured by trees. Missed Broad Town, Calne and Westbury.
So saw 3 out of 7.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Alf,
Very nice Alf.
Horses are ok but that revolting giant at Cern Abbas may be censored by a prudish moderator, assuming there is such an animal? !:);) D.

I haven't rode that far down sarf to see that hill carving,but I have rode down to Fovant to see the military badges. I shall not comment on the moderators.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That one in Dunelm's stamping ground is a wee bit north for you!
D.

Sutton Bank I believe.

The land of the dark and dangerous norf, beautiful countryside, strong winds, rain and strange language.
I have been to the Dale's and Moors once or twice, I had to get my Welsh Taffia passport stamped at the Watford Gap passport control, alas my passport has expired, breathed it's last, turned it's toes up. Not even James Herriot from Hawes could revive it.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
One day soon I'm going to make it back up the hill to visit this guy again. only problem is it's the highest point in Nottinghamshire good thing is the view, you can see I think it's four counties from that vantage point.

the miner testing for gas.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks for Hoss Pics, been awhile since I saw these in the flesh, sounds like you had a great ride out.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One day soon I'm going to make it back up the hill to visit this guy again. only problem is it's the highest point in Nottinghamshire good thing is the view, you can see I think it's four counties from that vantage point.

View attachment 43587
A rich and sadly lost industry. A few hundred yards from us is a sandstone outcrop. I used to do early morning walks to watch the sun rise from the top. I met a miner up there on a few occasions, talking to him he said he sat and watched the sun rise as often as he could because he had spent too many of his years beneath the ground. The town where we live used to be a thriving mining town. Great photo.