1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Alien Aspie

Alien Aspie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My current flight sim is X-Plane although the new MS Flight Sim is gorgeous. I have a private pilots license so vertigo is not something I have although flight sims can and do put you in situations that I think twice about ;)

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Muddy Bike ride on an unusually quiet Cannock Chase, did jumps, technical trails and fast down hills, however crossing a road on the way home my foot slipped off the pedal and now I have 4 bloody gouges on my shin, flipping hurts! But more annoying I've spoilt my sun tan. :banghead::joyful:

Never mind worse things happen at sea.

@dunelm Thats a very pleasing sketch, well balanced not overworked imo, pleasing to my eye. Good luck with your good ladies car change

• Hug Hug x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Thanks A.A. I had read one pilot who thought it the bees knees.
    I get vertigo birding when sea watching and using a telescope on c.30x.
    Been known to have to use stemetil.
    D.

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Alien Aspie

Alien Aspie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

If I stand on a cliff edge or bridge I can get giddy looking down but the plane didn’t bother me if I was the ‘pilot in charge’. I do know pilots who have vertigo and only fly freight at night.

5. Norfolkmell

Norfolkmell Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Slim Lizzy I’m very loath to go out still, my letter from the GP I haven’t met or spoken to (we moved in May) told me that although I could go out and shop he would rather I stayed in my household bubble at home. As the town is heaving with holiday visitors and day trippers I don’t want to go out. We have a Waitrose delivery every 3-4 weeks, my beloved pops to the Co-op if we desperately need anything and he is working from home with no intentions of ever going back to the office. I haven’t had a carer since we moved and the only person over our doorstep since the removal men have been the new owner of the flat above came to tell us that he didn’t think it was his shower making water come through the ceiling down our 1720’s oak beam but strangely since he revealed the shower we haven’t had water pouring on our heads and the other person was the builder from above the first floor one to look at the water coming through and confidently saying it wasn’t from the top flat.
    I have been out three times to our favourite restaurant who books us in when no one else is coming and to the vets to get dog food. A couple of times we’ve walked to the promenade (50 foot away) to watch the tide or a sunset but after everyone else has gone. I’ve no inclination to go anywhere where I could be with lots of other people anytime soon!

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. lindisfel

Don't worry, Dunhelm. We are what God made us and we enjoy the company and views of others.
    I am not very good at ambiguous understandings having come from a very working class background!:)
    Atb
    D.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. lindisfel

We flew from Wannaker to Milford Sound in a small, very old banger of a light aircraft, over the Southern Alps, that was some 25 plus years ago.
    Up a hanging valley over the Mount Aspiring glacier, very close to the ice we were bounced around, that was really something.
    These wild colonial boys are quite daring.
    D.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Thank you for your kind comments. Ouch! - Ouch! - Ouch! - Ouch! - one for each gouge - hope they are not too deep.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

upload_2020-8-27_14-36-56.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 9
  10. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

I believe that is several stations in life above lower docky bag class to which generations of my family have aspired.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. lindisfel

Never came across that expression in North Lincs.
    Cumbrians use the word, Bait.
    D.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. ianpspurs

Use of that is a very good test of a true Fen Tiger.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. lindisfel

Ian,
    I bet you cant even remember meat safe's and bread and drippin'?! ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  14. ianpspurs

My grandparents had a meat safe which I remember very clearly. Toast and dripping was more my taste, especially the turkey dripping after Christmas. Do you know what a thumbit is?

• Like Like x 6
  15. lindisfel

Not apart from hoping to get a lift!

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. ianpspurs

Basically you need piece of cheese and small loaf of bread. Break a piece of cheese and work it into the bread with your thumb. Tear some off when you have enough bread to cover the cheese. Thumbits were docky. Best demo of that I ever saw were some plasterers when I worked on converting flats in the mill that had been Sincclair's starting point in between O and A levels.

• Informative Informative x 5
    #30396 ianpspurs, Aug 27, 2020 at 4:22 PM
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  17. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Not sure it is appropriate to post this. I might get moderated.

Have just realised that Zoom can be a potential minefield.

was setting up for my 5pm Zoom meeting on pilates. Luckily no one has joined yet. Was testing webcam and sound etc. The door to the upstairs office was open.

As I looked at the screen the upstairs landing was visible through the open door and I saw the back view of Mr K walking across the landing (minus his clothes) on the way to the shower - totally unaware that the webcam was plugged in.

Note to self. Make sure the door of the office is firmly closed when I do start the meeting.

• Funny Funny x 7
  18. ianpspurs

You're ok @Krystyna23040 no one here but us and the tumbleweed rolling along main street. The rest are busy with art. Tell the mods Mr K is your still life/muse. Tight buns for an older guy, btw:angelic:

• Funny Funny x 8
    #30398 ianpspurs, Aug 27, 2020 at 4:56 PM
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  19. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

7.4 this am didn't test yesterday because of very poor sleep I knew my reading would be depressingly high not that 7.4 is a is great number :)

• Hug Hug x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  20. ianpspurs

You tested, posted here and didn't bury your head in the sand. Hug is for poor sleep but every inch a winner for sticking with it. Any schmuck can test and post when everything is going well. Takes proper ticker to do the hard yards . Good on ya.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook