What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Another nice day. I have a parcel coming between 7:18 and 11:18 this morning so I need to be on door guard today....there was no provision to tell them where they could leave it. So I need to be in the front or maybe in the front garden...

My painting for today. I painted a face in Procreate yesterday. The face painting itself is not finished, but you hopefully can see the small version below this finished one I have posted here. I was going to do a more realistic picture with hair and open eyes, but it didn't interest me. So I put it through Trigraphy and created this effect with my painted face. I like it.

View attachment 44182
It worked well, you are quite imaginative and experimental with these digital apps.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6.3 for me today. Must work harder on this now antibiotics for my abscess have finished.

More painting for me today, gloss not creative. :bored: I might get a Muddy (dusty) Cycle ride in this afternoon.

Keep safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all my fasting was15.5 should I be worried

Personally, I would be as that is way too high for me. I see you're new (welcome) but there is no other information as to whether you're on meds etc. If I were you I'd contact my medical team for advice asap. Good luck

FBG is 6.0 this morning and autumn is creeping in. Been busy with life so no art or science, maybe later. Enjoy the day ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morrow kind self-identifiers all. Recovery seems to be the theme of the day. Archie for @Krystyna23040 , appetite for @dunelm's dad, abscess and paintwork for @Muddy Cyclist and hopefully Mr G for @geefull. With lockdown2 looming we have booked an hour slot at the secure field here https://houseofmuddypaws.co.uk/ to continue training the pups and avoid others. I know not what my fbg was but I found some pleasure in lamb shoulder and roasted veggies (tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms) yesterday. Bitterly disappointed at a 6.1 +2 hrs but I only tested the once, may not have washed hands terribly diligently and probably ate too much lamb (dearly wanted mint sauce) . I do need to take calculated gambles if I am to stay the course. Toodle pip chums.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m on insulin twice daily

Hi @Vonnypops
I am a Type2 diabetic, and I take tablets. I know nothing about insulin. Your reading appears high. I think it would be a good idea to contact who prescribes your insulin and ask their advice.
All the best
gennepher

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a week of more trips to the vet but Charlie is on the mend...neck wound looking so much better now & the 'other' problem is clearing up...been busy busy busy friend having a baby so cooking for them off to the kitchen soon it's homemade meatballs for them...friends for dinner last night had just a couple of glasses of prosecco ever so slightly hung over out of practice clearly...no FBG completely forgot must start again tomorrow...keep safe everyone.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.1 this morning, got up bright and early as had an appointment at the QMC at 9:30 AM and it's about twenty miles away then reread the appointment letter and realised it's for the 29th next Tuesday silly me.

Here is a photo I took yesterday for any squirrel lovers out there.

Squirrel4.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

3.7 swiftly followed by 4.2 yesterday morning and 4.3 today ;)

Cloudy today after our overnight fog. It was foggy yesterday morning too but turned out to be a lovely sunny day. Over to mum's for dinner yesterday then sat reading. Reading makes time vanish :hilarious:

Intermitent computer problems the last couple of days, a storage drive keeps disappearing, I think it's a cable problem. I shall have to disinter the machine from it's cupboard and perform surgery. The surgery should not take too long but the disinterment is quite another story :D

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@SlimLizzy - cat wrangling, rather you than me;) but it's good that he has a forgiving nature :)

@gennepher - that thieves' oil recipe sounds interesting, nice sketch yesterday and I like your teasle very much, it looks as though it's reaching for the sun :)

@Krystyna23040 - so glad Archie continues to recover :)

@JohnEGreen - some lovely photos there and kudos for carrying your camera, I have two and have got out of the habit of carrying one with me :sorry:

@Alien Aspie - glad if you have found a further satisfying outlet for your art, is instagram good? :)

@dunelm - your quick bamboo is good as always and the latest work of the bird on the branch is very effective, so delicate and well balanced :joyful:
hugs to you and I hope you get good news about your dad soon.

@Muddy Cyclist - your quick sketch of the geese is great, it really captures that vibrant, seeming chaos :joyful:
Good that you got to manage recorder harmony, it's soothing for the psyche ;)

art bit -
didn't do much art yesterday, and should get back to doing it regularly :sorry: I need to make a small sketching kit and get used to carrying it and my camera when I go out.

another wave, done from a photo found online
View attachment 44171
Thank you @geefull - powerful wave from you, ready for the boom into the rocks

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Another nice day. I have a parcel coming between 7:18 and 11:18 this morning so I need to be on door guard today....there was no provision to tell them where they could leave it. So I need to be in the front or maybe in the front garden...

My painting for today. I painted a face in Procreate yesterday. The face painting itself is not finished, but you hopefully can see the small version below this finished one I have posted here. I was going to do a more realistic picture with hair and open eyes, but it didn't interest me. So I put it through Trigraphy and created this effect with my painted face. I like it.

View attachment 44182
Interesting use of tech to create art