What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...on the run today after a busy few days...anti-coagulation clinic this morning took Warfarin late last night wonder if I'll get away with it fingers crossed...working & visiting new baby while keeping to the restrictions has made a pleasant change from the house seclusion...lots of posts to catch up on...Charlie has recovered well...cat insurance has kicked in (thank goodness) just a small balance to pay...woke to a 6.8...keep safe everyone.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is a mystery how the brain progressively unravels. By sad circumstances her dementia initially restored a difficult relationship between us.
My sister had a very difficult childhood in her early teens and it affected her life.
I was 10 years younger.
D.
Although dementia is horrible it was good that her dementia initially restored a difficult relationship. Apologies for my previous post. I hadn't realised that predictive text had altered my post so that it didn't make sense. I really must re-read my posts before I press the post reply button.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who inhabit this reality ( other realities are available from all good mathematicians on any street corner ).
Being confined in a Faraday cage with very hit and miss 4G coverage for a week was an enjoyable experience, perhaps not to be repeated soon. The up side was I found some interesting biking roads.

Bloods for the week followed a truly random pattern and this morning were a surprising 6.3.

Well fellow posters and painters on this thread and I hope you have been well, we have so much to look forward to in the next few months, a rescheduled Christmas day, December 1st, national shortage of sprouts, the ex colonists presidential election, operating the " off switch " during the media broadcasts assuming we all care about what happens over in our old colony.
Moving on to the dreadful media coverage of this pandemic I would like to mention a couple of things.
1. Beards do not provide protection against covid.
2. Red masks are no better than any other colour mask.

Have a great day, remembering that.......I've forgotten what I going to write, age is a wonderful something or other.

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Distractions and garden maintenance left only a small window to splurge on all things art. So, a bit of experimenting with mixing waterbased pigment from graphik pens with Chinese ink - interesting but that went into the bin. Then bamboo practice on rice paper. Hope everyone has a pleasant day. I must make koffy.

View attachment 44337

I truly apologise for the fact that I rarely comment on people's art, I have no idea how to do it. I do read other people's comments and have figured it's a social response which I am sadly lacking. I did show my aspie forum some art to gauge their responses compared to NTs. Totally different :wideyed::)

On my spectacles painting: "What's the point of the arms and what book are you reading? Why draw handwriting when you were reading a book?"

On the cherry: "Why is the cherry wet, did you wash it? One cherry does not make a snack even, I feel cheated"

You get the gist.

So I found an art critic generator to help me (see this link) and it said: "I find this work menacing/playful because of the way the disjunctive perturbation of the negative space contextualize the eloquence of these pieces." :)

(Just havin' a laff before I head out ;))

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who inhabit this reality ( other realities are available from all good mathematicians on any street corner ).
Being confined in a Faraday cage with very hit and miss 4G coverage for a week was an enjoyable experience, perhaps not to be repeated soon. The up side was I found some interesting biking roads.

Bloods for the week followed a truly random pattern and this morning were a surprising 6.3.

Well fellow posters and painters on this thread and I hope you have been well, we have so much to look forward to in the next few months, a rescheduled Christmas day, December 1st, national shortage of sprouts, the ex colonists presidential election, operating the " off switch " during the media broadcasts assuming we all care about what happens over in our old colony.
Moving on to the dreadful media coverage of this pandemic I would like to mention a couple of things.

Have a great day, remembering that.......I've forgotten what I going to write, age is a wonderful something or other.
Good to see you back safe and sound and still mad as a box of frogs:angelic:. I may (often) disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. You make I larf

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good to see you back safe and sound but probably none the wiser. I may often disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. You make I larf

Why thank you kind sir.
Making people laugh is all I ever hope achieve.

lindisfel

Expert
Although dementia is horrible it was good that her dementia initially restored a difficult relationship. Apologies for my previous post. I hadn't realised that predictive text had altered my post so that it didn't make sense. I really must re-read my posts before I press the post reply button.
Thanks Krystyna, no problem, I had the problem for my sister when she had mental capacity.
As a tolerant Christian, I evidently had the wrong religion! :) ;) D.

lindisfel

Expert
Part of the my no testing regime just now is also due to a low energy period. One suggestion is moving area exposes me to new irritants which can impact at this time of year. There is also the increased indoor time with grandkids now exposed to germs of all sorts which they generously spread. A third possibility is otherwise asymptomatic COVID. Whatever, the point is diet alone only goes some way to explaining bg levels. IMHO this tells a better story than testing would
rHwg98IlACnnV4e-XSASZZ_cC_6jjm6UaP5ooPDBzZj_veQN1anX0uB9HuxwUuZ4_S3Y4pcwxF6CxwIYnKkbaNHTidSFhqq3yADvPA8wA3PKQJsSkIK5Pw0Ku0FUVEtjm7ZAp_jO
Ian,
Your doing in my mind not having a pie chart. :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

nice to see you back alf x

Reactions: alf_Josiah

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.00am FBG 6.5
@geefull thank you for your kind comment and yes my stomach is better today.
@lindisfel advice I was once given:
If you have to choose between being right and being kind, always choose kind.
That is what you were doing with your parents. Choosing kindness over rigidly sticking to the rules.
@gennepher you never know, the sunflower lanyard may be useful.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started two paintings today, one too dark the other too light but there you go. About one hour painting time, watercolour A4 both unfinished and still on big sky for my sister theme...

@Alien Aspie like you take on art critic stuff, gave me a chuckle, it's a strange old subject.

Title Dusk to Dawn for these two paintings, wasn't that some strange Vampire film?

Here is Dusk.....unfinished.

IMG_3854.JPG

Here is Dawn.. unfinished.
IMG_3855.JPG

I will finish them on Wednesday.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, it’s another sunshine start here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of “that was a heck of a toad in the fibreflour hole” came in at 4.8 this am

Granddaughters birthday came and went - a happy day all round and a showering of well chosen gifts and cards.
Distractions and garden maintenance left only a small window to splurge on all things art. So, a bit of experimenting with mixing waterbased pigment from graphik pens with Chinese ink - interesting but that went into the bin. Then bamboo practice on rice paper. Hope everyone has a pleasant day. I must make koffy.

View attachment 44337

I like this bamboo @dunelm
Can I ask you a question? When I was looking on Amazon for rice paper to paint on, a lot of reviews complained the rice paper was folded up, instead of being on a roll like the photo of it, and this messed up their paintings because they couldn't get the fold creases out. I thought you said awhile ago that you ordered some. If you did, how did it arrive - folded or in a roll? Thanking you in advance...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I truly apologise for the fact that I rarely comment on people's art, I have no idea how to do it. I do read other people's comments and have figured it's a social response which I am sadly lacking. I did show my aspie forum some art to gauge their responses compared to NTs. Totally different :wideyed::)

On my spectacles painting: "What's the point of the arms and what book are you reading? Why draw handwriting when you were reading a book?"

On the cherry: "Why is the cherry wet, did you wash it? One cherry does not make a snack even, I feel cheated"

You get the gist.

So I found an art critic generator to help me (see this link) and it said: "I find this work menacing/playful because of the way the disjunctive perturbation of the negative space contextualize the eloquence of these pieces." :)

(Just havin' a laff before I head out ;))

Very useful art critic generator @Alien Aspie
I could do with a poetry one for when I am asked to review poetry books, but on second thoughts I might not have any poetry friends left if it generated a response like your art one. Back to banging my head against the wall then...