What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

Frustrating morning so far. Was up at 3 am.

Something needed sorting with mobile wi fi. Couldn't sort it myself, so ended up on chat, got it sorted. But that was an hour 'stolen' from my early morning painting. I had promised myself an hour's play today because of a frustrating day yesterday. I was out, and it was frustrating because I cannot lipread through masks. And people won't remove or lower the mask when I ask. I am not going back to the notebook and pencil and please write it down. In any case you can't really hand your pencil and notepad to another person in these Covid times. Technology doesn't work through masks either, because my speech app on the phone has problems with blurred speech through a mask.

Finally at my bank was a nice lady who lowered her mask for me to lipread. I had a grumble to her there. I've got just the thing for you she said, and went in the back. Before she came back, another bank lady came out with a small placard on a stand and put it in front of me and motioned me to read. It was about a Sunflower lanyard. And lo and behold the first bank lady comes out with a Sunflower lanyard. She is swinging it round and round. Here we are, she says. You can put this round your neck, or you can keep it attached to your handbag, or you can swing it round and round like I did to draw people's attention to it. I am still none the wiser at this slightly crazy bank lady.

It's to draw attention to unseen disabilities, she explained. Wear this, and everyone will know you have an unseen disability. I thank her. I had to google when I got home. But I was so tired after a hard morning of shopping and non communication that I slept the rest of the day. I could easily have never gone out again, and become a total hermit.

And then I saw on Twitter a little video from the Welsh Government to say the 3 groups of people who do not have to wear masks. The third group was 'Deaf people because they need to lipread'. Who writes these things? I don't need to lipread my own lips...

I despair.

Was going to do a quickie painting, but I actually played with several paintings for an hour. I needed that play for my sanity.

So background from ZenBrush2, but the clouds were stylised. No good for me. Put it in SketchClub and blurred them. Then in SketchClub I drew some birds in the moon. And then with the tree tool, I drew some trees at the bottom. Then I placed an Eagle above the trees.

Now I need a power nap. I am already falling behind with the day, it's one of those days when I am still here when I need to be there.

19A0B4B9-E618-4DE9-9221-913BDE745152.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, a 6.1 welcomes me back into the world.

Today I have to drive down to the capital with Miss Daisy so that she can enjoy her social life. I will be masked all the way and the funny thing is I have friends 10 mins from where I'm dropping her but I haven't told them because I'm self-isolating.

I should give in and just go to a rave :bigtears: So if you see an old duffer in a mask driving around Westminster spraying disinfectant... it's me ;)

Right, so you will be easily recognisable then @Alien Aspie
;)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can put this round your neck, or you can keep it attached to your handbag, or you can swing it round and round like I did to draw people's attention to it. I am still none the wiser at this slightly crazy bank lady.

I have one of those with a medical alert card for my autism. Mostly used when going through airports as their questions often make no sense or if I'm stopped by police climbing through some strangers window :)

Moon painting is ace btw.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Michaelmas folks, (first time in 65 years of my life the Michaelmas fair in St Ives Cambs has been cancelled). Traditionally Goose was eaten but we tend to eat that at Martinmas - Lidl don't seem to have (excellent frozen) Geese all year round. My heart goes out to those of you with issues over comforting relatives with dementia by alternative truths. That seems to me a perfect example of Morton's Fork. From day one I was aware that both my parents dying on the same day, still fully with it when I was with them 12 hrs earlier, was a blessing. No fbg still, fix the inputs before testing the outcomes. Hug for yesterday @gennepher and today @Alien Aspie. Remember, your caring Govt has put its arm around you - perhaps too tightly on the windpipe wasn't the best plan but grouse shooting and long distance eyesight tests were exempt. Pip Pip old toots.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That was a very kind thing you did for your hubby's dad.

My sister was far less fortunate, she knew what they were doing when they put her in a terrible home against her will.
She had bleeding bed sores when we went to see her two weeks before she died.
But she still knew her brother and sister in law.
D.
So sorry that was less fortunate. In his last years Mr K's dad was convinced I was his mother and he really enjoyed trying to outwit me.

Those memories always make me smile now - although it was really frustrating at the time when we were trying to care for him.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

turned out a nice afternoon after a cold start so mr gee went out and washed the car :hilarious:

anyone who has to deal with dementia has my sympathy, my sister and BIL are helping her elderly MIL who needs to look after her daughter, (BIL's younger sister), It's a bit of a shock to people that it's not the 'old lady' who has dementia :(

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@SlimLizzy - hope you feel better soon :)

@Muddy Cyclist - fantastic clouds, they are so difficult to do well :) it's a fine start even if you yourself only consider it to be 'limbering up' for the series.
Hope your back pain settles down for you soon.

@gennepher - I love your Popeye picture, you can almost see the flickering twitch of his tail as he watches the bird, you have captured that watchful stillness really well :)

@dunelm - that's a very effective, pared down picture today, I like it very much :) hope your meal goes well ;)

Art bit - saw a photo of rough seas on a weather website and wanted to have a go so here it is :)

View attachment 44329
Thank you @geefull - wonderful rough sea, great colours

lindisfel

Expert
If I was David Attenborough I would not have any Morton's Fork over the fossilized sharks tooth he gave to Prince George.

The said people have been responsible for blasting anything with wings from Northern Europe out of the skies whenever they passed over for as long as I can remember.

I hope Attenborough says, "We want our birds back!"
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still messing around with painting for my sister from the many sky photos she sent. I have done three today, one ended up in the bin. I'm still not happy with these but it's all good practice I suppose. First is a sunset and also a night scene, sister likes the moon, this is much larger than the picture she sent. Both A4 watercolour in total about 2 hours....
View attachment 44331
View attachment 44332
I did get sisters Ranch Fence in both can only just be seen in sunset and not as manicured as sisters. :)
Great big sky, trees, shadows, warmth, the hint of a fence - and then that moon and the long shadows- I’m being followed by a moonshadow. The fence is embedded in both cases, not dominating - fab. Hope your sister likes them.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
a pleasant day.

fbg 6.3
lauren feeling better today
surrogate doggie son being taken to work by her, has picked her up a lot.

run in roads a little emptier,
the R is maybe making many pause.

once done.. a trip to lidl.
mask wearing in the 90% bracket ..impressed.. still the odd Richard head, too cool to care about others,
but deffo the minority.

( will we every get a grip on this until we grasp this nettle
supermarkets and govt need to BAN no maskers.
yes some can't wear one, so medical certificates required,
and they are being tarnished by covidiots.

but please for the many it's more they won't, then can't.)

met up with nephew, while we still can.

all in all a decent day, sunny and mild.

Oh and lauren's just informed me, she saw a great deal on turkey.
Turunc to be exact...10 nights flights and hotel, covid cover inc £250 each
and with little in the way of work for me, and a looming lock down in London

she's treating me & booked it.

We Fly out 11 oct.....whoop whoop.:D
Great deal, enjoy Turkey

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.1

Frustrating morning so far. Was up at 3 am.

Something needed sorting with mobile wi fi. Couldn't sort it myself, so ended up on chat, got it sorted. But that was an hour 'stolen' from my early morning painting. I had promised myself an hour's play today because of a frustrating day yesterday. I was out, and it was frustrating because I cannot lipread through masks. And people won't remove or lower the mask when I ask. I am not going back to the notebook and pencil and please write it down. In any case you can't really hand your pencil and notepad to another person in these Covid times. Technology doesn't work through masks either, because my speech app on the phone has problems with blurred speech through a mask.

Finally at my bank was a nice lady who lowered her mask for me to lipread. I had a grumble to her there. I've got just the thing for you she said, and went in the back. Before she came back, another bank lady came out with a small placard on a stand and put it in front of me and motioned me to read. It was about a Sunflower lanyard. And lo and behold the first bank lady comes out with a Sunflower lanyard. She is swinging it round and round. Here we are, she says. You can put this round your neck, or you can keep it attached to your handbag, or you can swing it round and round like I did to draw people's attention to it. I am still none the wiser at this slightly crazy bank lady.

It's to draw attention to unseen disabilities, she explained. Wear this, and everyone will know you have an unseen disability. I thank her. I had to google when I got home. But I was so tired after a hard morning of shopping and non communication that I slept the rest of the day. I could easily have never gone out again, and become a total hermit.

And then I saw on Twitter a little video from the Welsh Government to say the 3 groups of people who do not have to wear masks. The third group was 'Deaf people because they need to lipread'. Who writes these things? I don't need to lipread my own lips...

I despair.

Was going to do a quickie painting, but I actually played with several paintings for an hour. I needed that play for my sanity.

So background from ZenBrush2, but the clouds were stylised. No good for me. Put it in SketchClub and blurred them. Then in SketchClub I drew some birds in the moon. And then with the tree tool, I drew some trees at the bottom. Then I placed an Eagle above the trees.

Now I need a power nap. I am already falling behind with the day, it's one of those days when I am still here when I need to be there.

View attachment 44336
I gave you a hug for wifi, mask and lanyard which I must confess, I have not heard of. Smashing supermoon scene. So close that it’s dragging up the clouds.

lindisfel

Expert
So sorry that was less fortunate. In his last years Mr K's dad was convinced I was his mother and he really enjoyed trying to outwit me.

Those memories always make me smile now - although it was really frustrating at the time when we were trying to care for him.
It is a mystery how the brain progressively unravels. By sad circumstances her dementia initially restored a difficult relationship between us.
My sister had a very difficult childhood in her early teens and it affected her life.
I was 10 years younger.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great big sky, trees, shadows, warmth, the hint of a fence - and then that moon and the long shadows- I’m being followed by a moonshadow. The fence is embedded in both cases, not dominating - fab. Hope your sister likes them.
Thank you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Part of the my no testing regime just now is also due to a low energy period. One suggestion is moving area exposes me to new irritants which can impact at this time of year. There is also the increased indoor time with grandkids now exposed to germs of all sorts which they generously spread. A third possibility is otherwise asymptomatic COVID. Whatever, the point is diet alone only goes some way to explaining bg levels. IMHO this tells a better story than testing would
rHwg98IlACnnV4e-XSASZZ_cC_6jjm6UaP5ooPDBzZj_veQN1anX0uB9HuxwUuZ4_S3Y4pcwxF6CxwIYnKkbaNHTidSFhqq3yADvPA8wA3PKQJsSkIK5Pw0Ku0FUVEtjm7ZAp_jO

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a terrible 6.5 for me today. Own fault, succumbed to a slice of cheese before bed after a frustrating evening.

Bright again here today but no chance of bike ride as back still aching. :banghead: So more art, music making and watching Mrs MC pottering in the garden.

Accept the day you are offered. Keep safe.

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s another sunshine start here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of “that was a heck of a toad in the fibreflour hole” came in at 4.8 this am

Granddaughters birthday came and went - a happy day all round and a showering of well chosen gifts and cards.
Distractions and garden maintenance left only a small window to splurge on all things art. So, a bit of experimenting with mixing waterbased pigment from graphik pens with Chinese ink - interesting but that went into the bin. Then bamboo practice on rice paper. Hope everyone has a pleasant day. I must make koffy.

upload_2020-9-29_8-13-3.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s another sunshine start here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of “that was a heck of a toad in the fibreflour hole” came in at 4.8 this am

Granddaughters birthday came and went - a happy day all round and a showering of well chosen gifts and cards.
Distractions and garden maintenance left only a small window to splurge on all things art. So, a bit of experimenting with mixing waterbased pigment from graphik pens with Chinese ink - interesting but that went into the bin. Then bamboo practice on rice paper. Hope everyone has a pleasant day. I must make koffy.

View attachment 44337
Glad the birthday went well and great art again. Now you've done it young fella. We have fibreflour, sausages from the 1/2 pig, eggs and I have been craving toad in the hole for a while. Methinks no testing is an excellent time to try this for taste. Any hacks or same ratios as per?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on what is looking to be a splendid morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a fibreflour pizza made in a bread pan to go with a few leaves came in at 5.1 this am

It’s our eldest granddaughters birthday today - 16 - a socially distancing, rule of 6 meal has been organised. Masks and gel at the ready.

I decided to go all industrial yesterday so here are some steel works. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Not long until the bins need supervising yet again. First, koffy.

View attachment 44317
Love the industrial scene.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad the birthday went well and great art again. Now you've done it young fella. We have fibreflour, sausages from the 1/2 pig, eggs and I have been craving toad in the hole for a while. Methinks no testing is an excellent time to try this for taste. Any hacks or same ratios as per?
I started with 120g fibreflour plus 20g plain flour, 2 eggs, 175 milk, 2 teaspoons baking powder (well, 1 heaped tsp) and a bit of salt added the milk slowly until it went to double cream consistency and then sat it to wait while I did the sausages. I think that the 20g plain flour helps but you could just use 140g fibreflour.

Reactions: karen8967