What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I now have it seems managed to get in the 6's with a 6.1 this morning don't know why it's been creeping up of late.

Melody's on line friend it seems has volunteered for this covid vaccine challenge trial and had an injection yesterday this morning he feels absolutely awful in fact he says it's like being hit over the head with a hammer.
Though he obviously does not know what injection he got vaccine, placebo or what ever.

His family are not best pleased with him to say the least not having talked with them before doing it.

Especially his T1 father who has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease his mother also diabetic and recovering from cancer or his sons one of whom is also T1 they feel that he has put them at risk and I can see their point.

On another note Melody entered a photograph in a competition run by a charity that helps children who have rare conditions she had a message this morning saying that although her photo didn't win they liked it so much that they are including it in their next calendar, she is quite happy with that even though she can't remember exactly which photo it was.:)

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today.
In iPastel, then Procreate, and back and forth between the two.
Not quite satisfied with it, but it is coming up for midday and I've things I'd like to do while it is fine outside ...so, therefore it is finished...

Have a good day.

Edit...just altered it...put a sun or moon in!
View attachment 44809

In attached files it is without the white disc...
Interesting start especially in your tired state after all the stress. I think I like the version without the added sun disc, will be interested to see what you do with it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A good 2 hour Muddy Cycle ride this morning although the wind was being fickle and bitter cold, time to ditch my shorts and find out my cycling tights, that will scare the natives.:)

Colours are great today in the sunlight and a loan Silver Birch tree on the heathland caught my eye so maybe I will try and capture it in water colour at some point. I liked the way the sunlight lit up the bark against a dark sky.
IMG_3940.JPG

Two new faces on the thread, welcome. @RFSMarch and @Maw R

Reactions: RFSMarch

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A good 2 hour Muddy Cycle ride this morning although the wind was being fickle and bitter cold, time to ditch my shorts and find out my cycling tights, that will scare the natives.:)

Colours are great today in the sunlight and a loan Silver Birch tree on the heathland caught my eye so maybe I will try and capture it in water colour at some point. I liked the way the sunlight lit up the bark against a dark sky.
View attachment 44810
Thanks for the welcome! That sky looks.... menacing! But it has been a largely mild day here in the burbs - getting a bit more dreary now (or that could just be me after a day of trying to unpick my company admin)...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting start especially in your tired state after all the stress. I think I like the version without the added sun disc, will be interested to see what you do with it.

Thanks for the input @Muddy Cyclist
My thinking today is a little muddied.
Trying to sort some stuff and getting stuff delivered before actual Firebreak, tomorrow, in Wales.
My kind supplier (my eBay postcards) paid extra out of his pocket to get a parcel to me this morning, instead of it arriving slow post next week. And will let me continue bidding (without paying for winning bids) until the lockdown is over, and then I pay for my bids and postage. I just didn't want any parcels etc delivered in Lockdown.
This is just me in panic mode. Not because I am frightened of Covid 19 (obviously you all know I am taking preparation when I go out...that photo).
That white disc was me putting that in that painting this morning in panic mode! Literally! I was posting that painting minus that white disc. Then I panicked (why?) and put the disc in.

I need a break from the world....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 44810
Those are amazing Autumn colours @Muddy Cyclist
I love that silver birch tree.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a lovely afternoon updating clients lesson.plans and exercise sheets while I listened to Peter Paul and Mary.

Coffee now then off to Norwich for classes.I

Predictive text changed them to Peter April and Mary. .That makes no sense whatsoever.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I absolutely love this one @dunelm
It is something I have aspired to do, with that kind of colouring...
I have looked at loads of books in the Internet Archives with those kinds of paintings. I have painted so many in my head, but not digitally nor on real paper.
This one of yours has a mystical quality where my imagination can go places...
I really appreciate it because of that.
Thank you @gennepher and glad that you like it. Now you have some rice paper supplies perhaps a bit of experimenting.
Afraid I went a bit nuts with the colour thing today - will post it tomorrow.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a lovely afternoon updating clients lesson.plans and exercise sheets while I listened to Peter Paul and Mary.

Coffee now then off to Norwich for classes.I

Predictive text changed them to Peter April and Mary. .That makes no sense whatsoever.
Predictive text teases me as well.
I wrote estrogen to my friend. Predictive test changed it to estranged....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today.
In iPastel, then Procreate, and back and forth between the two.
Not quite satisfied with it, but it is coming up for midday and I've things I'd like to do while it is fine outside ...so, therefore it is finished...

Have a good day.

Edit...just altered it...put a sun or moon in!
View attachment 44809

In attached files it is without the white disc...
Super colours. A surreal forest scene for me taken at a very low angle.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today.

Our VW Golf in for its MOT today, service and Cambelt change, lots of £££s I fear.:banghead:

Make the best of your adventures today. Keep safe.

i am really enjoying your reverse colour art, brilliant. A nice technique you are mastering.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I did enjoy doing that - wait until tomorrow - I have gone a bit nuts today - still drying so will have to wait and see.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 44810
Fab shot and will make a good subject

Reactions: ianpspurs

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Well I now have it seems managed to get in the 6's with a 6.1 this morning don't know why it's been creeping up of late.
Could the Prednisilone be causing this, are you gaining weight? No need to answer, but feed into the equation.
Good Luck.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The first of my Autumn Colour watercolours, finished the art I started yesterday. A4 watercolour about 90 minutes in total..
View attachment 44812
Golf passed the MOT, yipee. But advisory 3 tyres close to illegal :banghead: they ran out of time for cam belt change so I hope it behaves until 4 Nov.

A very uplifting piece of artwork @Muddy Cyclist
Glad your car passed the MOT

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 yesterday and 4.7 today, a bit higher than usual for me but not dire ;) got a bit of a cold.

shopping day yesterday and picking up bits for cleaning and repair from the charity today :)

it's been a pleasantly sunny day but with a cold wind here.

Mum has laid it upon us that in addition to collecting her pension from the post office tomorrow she wants to go to the bank.... they're not in the same town :sorry: looks like a minor road trip day :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@RFSMarch and @Maw R - hello and welcome :)

@JohnEGreen - Melody does lovely work :)

@Alien Aspie - interesting start, I like it as it is and look forward to seeing how you finish it :)

@gennepher - I like your soaring birds, feels very hopeful and today's artwork is interesting and very pleasing (panic or not) :)

@dunelm - lovely cliffs for your birds to ride the thermals over and your autumn tree is so good, so much detail and controlled brushstrokes :joyful:
Your technique of adding colour to the back of the painting is producing some fine effects to add to the landscape :)

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely light through the trees with just a lfush of gold makes for a very effective sketch. That tree sketch you worked up has made a fantastic painting, so solid and textured :joyful: I really like it
and then you went and produced another of your fantastic watercolours, I love the way you used colour in the foreground water :)

art bits - really have to dig the scanner out tomorrow :sorry:

at the moment I'm thinking about trying @Muddy Cyclist 's technique of allowing the painting to dry and adding finishing details the next day (I have quite long hair and don't use a hairdryer so I'd need to leave things overnight to dry properly :hilarious:)

anyway catch up for missing yesterday ;)
no 1 is my try at painting an area of windswept choppy little waves that were rolling across a nearby bay.
upload_2020-10-22_19-37-57.jpeg

no 2 is me having a go at painting the wispy clouded blue sky.

upload_2020-10-22_19-40-56.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967