What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today.
Finally my parcels came. I only ordered them yesterday, but this order has been split into 5parts, I think, spread over next few days...Amazon guy was totally protected, gloves, big face mask, large baseball cap, yellow overalls...I was looking for his Hazmat suit...how do we recognise an Amazon delivery guy now?

Painting...iPastel and Procreate.
View attachment 44787
Well some good news about parcels so long may that last. The birds - looks like a mellow autumnal evening to me rather than morning - don’t know why. Some nice layering of colours in the sky, shimmering through the trees

Reactions: UserABC2021

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning according to the retina-burning Libre reader.
Rest day today so maybe will do 10 mins of Qi Gong Tai chi and then... hopefully that will put me in a zen enough mode to tackle company admin and personal finances.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning according to the retina-burning Libre reader.
Rest day today so maybe will do 10 mins of Qi Gong Tai chi and then... hopefully that will put me in a zen enough mode to tackle company admin and personal finances.
Great to see you here. I think you will be at home and certainly benefit this thread.. Nice start to the day fbgwise. Why not go full Trump and just blag personal finances - know any Ruskies?

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the promise of another excellent day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of chicken with mushrooms came in at 4.8 this am

The leaves on the trees in our garden are finally turning in an attempt to keep up with those trees in the park who are a good two weeks in front. Do garden walls and fences enclose micro-climates - must ask the hedgehogs.

Received a face scarf in the post yesterday made by a friend - quite good really - double layer, metal bit for nose pinching, comfortable. I know it will not be as effective as one of those N95 jobs but never mind.

Another experiment with reverse side colours today. Have a great day if you can - not too much salad. Koffy time.

upload_2020-10-22_8-26-59.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well some good news about parcels so long may that last. The birds - looks like a mellow autumnal evening to me rather than morning - don’t know why. Some nice layering of colours in the sky, shimmering through the trees
Thank you @dunelm
I have no thought when I do these scenes as to whether they are morning or evening, except that they are in that half light almost between worlds that happens at dawn or sunset sort of time. Although I believe more in the morning between worlds because I go to Red Rocks at dawn often, and watch the early morning mists over at Hilbre Island where I 'see' J and my little dog Meg walking through the mists. Then they disappear...

I cannot do that now because it is in England just over the border from Wales. But I still have my imagination, and paintings where I can paint sort of between worlds...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the promise of another excellent day in the dark and dangerous north

The leaves on the trees in our garden are finally turning in an attempt to keep up with those trees in the park who are a good two weeks in front. Do garden walls and fences enclose micro-climates - must ask the hedgehogs.

Received a face scarf in the post yesterday made by a friend - quite good really - double layer, metal bit for nose pinching, comfortable. I know it will not be as effective as one of those N95 jobs but never mind.

Another experiment with reverse side colours today. Have a great day if you can - not too much salad. Koffy time.

View attachment 44806
I absolutely love this one @dunelm
It is something I have aspired to do, with that kind of colouring...
I have looked at loads of books in the Internet Archives with those kinds of paintings. I have painted so many in my head, but not digitally nor on real paper.
This one of yours has a mystical quality where my imagination can go places...
I really appreciate it because of that.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I am a bit behind today even though I have been awake since 3 am...
My friend needed to chat on the chat app again. So, I am trying to help...

But now I need time to me today. I won't be responding to any messages. They can wait until tomorrow. Tough.

I haven't done my painting yet. So it is painting or meditation now...

I think painting, because that is a meditation in itself.

Then I have the sweeping of floors and washing of pots.

Back in a wee bit, probably will be painting sort of in between worlds, or dark and shadowy. Depends on how you look at it....

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great to see you here. I think you will be at home and certainly benefit this thread.. Nice start to the day fbgwise. Why not go full Trump and just blag personal finances - know any Ruskies?
Glad to have found this one that doesn’t mandate a full run down on what I have eaten... re: finances and Ruskies ... it does so happened I DO know a Russian Eurosport commentator... we usually fight over the Brie at the media catering for the end of season championships. Probably not this year though, sadly! #TheBrieIsMine

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I am a bit behind today even though I have been awake since 3 am...
My friend needed to chat on the chat app again. So, I am trying to help...

But now I need time to me today. I won't be responding to any messages. They can wait until tomorrow. Tough.

I haven't done my painting yet. So it is painting or meditation now...

I think painting, because that is a meditation in itself.

Then I have the sweeping of floors and washing of pots.

Back in a wee bit, probably will be painting sort of in between worlds, or dark and shadowy. Depends on how you look at it....

I feel you with regards to this. Similar situation and having not worked after all freelance shifts got canned at the start of Covid, and a ton of stuff that happened during the summer, I have had to withdraw from a friend who has been off work coming up for two years. I can’t help them if my own head is full of anxiety and doubt about whether I will find work and to be told “I can’t listen to what is going on with you” is understandable with their depression, but I felt I needed help too.

I have had great support from my two closest friends when I really needed it this year, and as tough as it seems, you need to take care of YOU first and foremost before you can give your strength and stamina to someone else.

Be strong and hugs to you.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel you with regards to this. Similar situation and having not worked after all freelance shifts got canned at the start of Covid, and a ton of stuff that happened during the summer, I have had to withdraw from a friend who has been off work coming up for two years. I can’t help them if my own head is full of anxiety and doubt about whether I will find work and to be told “I can’t listen to what is going on with you” is understandable with their depression, but I felt I needed help too.

I have had great support from my two closest friends when I really needed it this year, and as tough as it seems, you need to take care of YOU first and foremost before you can give your strength and stamina to someone else.

Be strong and hugs to you.

Hi @RFSMarch
I agree.
The current situation is such a huge shift to what we knew pre-Covid.
Too much for our heads to get round.
So much changed.
And with the current Firebreak we are getting on top of the Lockdown that was imposed at beginning of September in Wales, it is just too much to be able to personally help other people the way they need to be helped and should be helped. We are there for our friends, but it is not possible for us to take over what the NHS and the Mental Health should be doing.
We don't have the back up a counsellor has after a gruelling session with a client.
And that stuff has to stay inside me. Stuff I never expected to 'hear'.
(By the way I am profoundly deaf, had a cochlear implant some years ago, but still cannot make out normal speech, so don't send me links to song videos, generally they mean nothing to me. I lipread mostly...not possible with masks...).

This thread is a pretty good listening thread, and I do have a wee meltdown from time to time!

But you are right, we do need to take care of ourselves first. And from now until next week, I am out of the 'office’ so to speak...
You take care
Have a good day

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today.
In iPastel, then Procreate, and back and forth between the two.
Not quite satisfied with it, but it is coming up for midday and I've things I'd like to do while it is fine outside ...so, therefore it is finished...

Have a good day.

Edit...just altered it...put a sun or moon in!
7B3D3CF4-B40C-4C77-AF2F-6701774C87E6.jpeg

In attached files it is without the white disc...

Attachments

• 2BEF205C-9659-4DE7-908E-8A641E5E9D3B.jpeg
    2BEF205C-9659-4DE7-908E-8A641E5E9D3B.jpeg
    588.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Afternoon all posters and painters on this thread.
A trifle ( other banned puddings available ) busy this morning.

A 5.7 on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness.

Well a nice day here in Tilehurst Towers, well outside at least, shame, I don't have the time to go for a ride on my motorbike.
Never mind, have a good afternoon. Till tomorrow.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today.

Our VW Golf in for its MOT today, service and Cambelt change, lots of £££s I fear.:banghead:

Make the best of your adventures today. Keep safe.

View attachment 44806
i am really enjoying your reverse colour art, brilliant. A nice technique you are mastering.