What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of a bowl of spicy soup with chorizo and home made low carb cheese scone came in at 4.9 this am

Not a great deal going on here at the moment. I damaged my right foot and ankle a few days ago so had to change my name to Igor. Came up like a melon. Now slowly going down with the aid of Naproxen and Ibuprofen gel. Bit drastic I know but it keeps me from wandering out into the land of the Covids.

Bit of a departure in the painting department. Another typical Chinese landscape and then some autumn leaves, Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Time now for koffy.

View attachment 45025

View attachment 45024
The Autumn leaves are stunning @dunelm

The top one with mountains and trees is brilliant!

Take care of your ankle.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This, quoted in The Telegraph, is frightening but blindingly obvious due to the laughable "jobs miracle" of the past decade and this govts ridiculous desire to turn England into a giant Bunga Bunga party. distraction. Many of these young women have been saddled with huge debts having gained a degree only to end up in a Mcjob/zhc:
He (Prof Semple) also said there were "many more cases particularly in younger females between the ages of 20 and 40".
Prof Semple said there were three to four times as many women in the age group coming into hospital as men, because they are exposed in hospitality, retail and some educational settings.

Calum Semple, a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies

Last edited:

SilverK

I really like this thread. It’s lovely
IMG_0827.jpg
to have little snapshots of life - other peoples lives, when you’re stuck in the house on your own! - It comes to something when you start missing the intellectual stimulation of a room full of seven year olds with trumpets!
I love the paintings!! Feeling a bit guilty though. My own painting stuff got shoved into a corner to make way for a silversmithing workshop. The half finished painting on the easel is sulking in the corner!
Here are a couple of old ones. I’ll see if I can guilt trip myself into finishing something new to post. - Really, thank you brightening my day!
IMG_1002.jpg
IMG_0305.jpg
IMG_0306.jpg

Reactions: mojo37

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. I appreciate the talents of the artists that post their efforts on this thread, but today I feel that fellow motorcyclist @dunelm deserves a special mention for today's effort, me and me's like the use of colour and from the sounds of things his foot also provided a colour pallet, get well soon.

A young fresh faced 5.3 this morning.

Here in the wilds of Berkshire, it could soon be the time to open my order books for the manufacture of boats, canoes and arks.

Stay dry, stay safe and stay well.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really like this thread. It’s lovelyView attachment 45029 to have little snapshots of life - other peoples lives, when you’re stuck in the house on your own! - It comes to something when you start missing the intellectual stimulation of a room full of seven year olds with trumpets!
I love the paintings!! Feeling a bit guilty though. My own painting stuff got shoved into a corner to make way for a silversmithing workshop. The half finished painting on the easel is sulking in the corner!
Here are a couple of old ones. I’ll see if I can guilt trip myself into finishing something new to post. - Really, thank you brightening my day! View attachment 45026View attachment 45027View attachment 45028
Welcome @SilverK and what an addition to the art gallery. Stick around please.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really like this thread. It’s lovelyView attachment 45029 to have little snapshots of life - other peoples lives, when you’re stuck in the house on your own! - It comes to something when you start missing the intellectual stimulation of a room full of seven year olds with trumpets!
Here are a couple of old ones. I’ll see if I can guilt trip myself into finishing something new to post. - Really, thank you brightening my day! View attachment 45026View attachment 45027View attachment 45028
Welcome and thank you for sharing some very fine works of art, look forward to seeing something new from you.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch, sorry about the ankle, hope it's recovery speeds up, take care.

Two nice pieces of art to greet us with today. The mountains as good as usual a very dramatic mist scene and those vibrant colours excellently merging, a good strong painting. I am enjoying looking at both although I favour the second today.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist - Hopalong Cassidy has nothing on me right now.
Two quite different styles of Chinese painting but did enjoy adding a bit of autumnal flavour

SilverK

[QUOTE="dunelm, post: 2325372, member:
Two quite different styles of Chinese painting but did enjoy adding a bit of autumnal flavour[/QUOTE]
The leaves are gorgeous. Looks like the Acer in my garden - before this mornings wind blew the last of the leaves off!
I love the Chinese style. Such a light touch.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Welcome @SilverK and thank you for sharing some of your excellent art. Look forward to seeing more.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Some brilliant pieces of work!
Welcome to the thread @SilverK

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Must be our Aldi as we are constantly disappointed with the quality, we and my daughter stopped shopping there. My son swears by them but shops in Uttoxeter. I think Aldi stores vary from location to location yours is obviously good.
That's really interesting. I hadn't realised that stores very from location to location. So pleased that we have a good store here.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Then it all just stopped. And went to expensive full breakfasts and you still had to buy your teas and coffee on top of that.

Like you i fell out with a lot of places after that
It actually felt that they didn't appreciate their loyal customers.and it did make me really really cross. I wonder how many customers they lost because of it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a good weekend everyone.
Eldest daughter recovering very fast from covid.
She is Zooming us today and has already been out walking and done 2 miles, she is a very strong person mentally and determined to get working again soon.
D.
Your eldest daughter is making such a good recovery from covid. You must be so pleased.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for posting your paintings. They are brilliant.