What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.6 today

a long day yesterday, out volunteering, then a bit of shopping for mum, she needed a couple of items not available in the local shop - millet for her cockatiel and mouse bait (yes field mice again :sorry:), then we picked up Katy from mum's to spend the night at our house so we could take her for her grooming appointment early this morning :angelic:

Our area has been moved down to tier 1 (until the cases go back up again presumably, so that's reassuring ...maybe or maybe not ;)).

We discovered that Katy has discovered a new way of getting our attention if we're not playing, I sat down at the computer to read and post yesterday evening and she plonked her toy on my lap and then tugged my sleeve gently with her teeth, makes it difficult to concentrate with a small poodle hanging on your every move :hilarious:

Anyway, Katy looks very swish with her new hair trim, not to mention lbs thinner :D

@dunelm - I think the binmen are using a van repurposed from a service that is shut down because of covid, so, not quite so wasteful as it could be.
I'm glad your SIL is improving so well :)
I haven't heard of trying acetone with ink, I'm gaining lots of new inspirations for art work techniques here :)
It seems to be an effective way of laying down a varied base to work into and has produced some interesting art, particularly like your trees as always :)

@Alien Aspie - hope your hunt for a new home goes well, you're making me nostalgic for the many happy times we spent in Wales when I was younger :)

@gennepher - lovely burst of colour, I like it :)

@lindisfel - glad you got to see family face to face, even though it was restricted.

I agree, we wouldn't want to be without our woodburner for the winter now, we can open all the house doors to keep things warmed if the power goes out. Sometimes we get bird strike power cuts even without the bad weather ones we get. We used to run a small fluorescent light from an inverter powered by a spare car battery, (which gave us enough light to read by), but now we use an LED desk lamp :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I do generally prefer to use the white of the paper with watercolour but, since I work quite small, the water sometimes gets away with the paint :hilarious: I must graduate to painting on bigger sheets of paper (finding the idea a bit daunting for some reason :sorry: )

I love your Conway valley waterfall painting, gorgeous colour, and I particularly appreciate the subtlety of the colour reflection through the water :joyful:

art bit -
still working on clouds

View attachment 45006
Thank you for your appreciation of my Conwy Falls Painting.

Your clouds are becoming very good, practice makes perfect and it sure shows, brilliant. Your calm water is also excellent, I like the st.yle of your watercolours.

Congrats on getting back to Tier 1 we are now going into 2 not good.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually, we really do like the quality of the food in Aldi - it is surprisingly good. I am afraid I fell out with Waitrose when they stopped us drinking our free coffee in their cafe and haven't shopped their since. I used to get my shopping, then have my free coffee and then buy more coffee in the cafe while I relaxed and read the paper.
Must be our Aldi as we are constantly disappointed with the quality, we and my daughter stopped shopping there. My son swears by them but shops in Uttoxeter. I think Aldi stores vary from location to location yours is obviously good.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As we move toTier 2 Saturday we had our daughter and youngest grandaughter around for a meal and went all Halloween. So my art effort tonight is a Pumpkin, sorry. grandaughter does not like scary things so here is my pumpkin art.... a bit out of focus as it's dark outside and my camera phone is old.
IMG_3996.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually, we really do like the quality of the food in Aldi - it is surprisingly good. I am afraid I fell out with Waitrose when they stopped us drinking our free coffee in their cafe and haven't shopped their since. I used to get my shopping, then have my free coffee and then buy more coffee in the cafe while I relaxed and read the paper.
A lot of places years ago @Krystyna23040 gave that free tea/coffee for early morning shoppers. And quite a few gave you a 99p breakfast ( it was just something like one sausage, one egg and a few baked beans and included the tea/coffee) and that was a great little snack after you had shopped (and you could think oh I forgot this or that and get it before you left the shop). Then it all just stopped. And went to expensive full breakfasts and you still had to buy your teas and coffee on top of that.

Like you i fell out with a lot of places after that.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As we move toTier 2 Saturday we had our daughter and youngest grandaughter around for a meal and went all Halloween. So my art effort tonight is a Pumpkin, sorry. grandaughter does not like scary things so here is my pumpkin art.... a bit out of focus as it's dark outside and my camera phone is old.
View attachment 45016
It is beautiful @Muddy Cyclist

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.6 today

a long day yesterday, out volunteering, then a bit of shopping for mum, she needed a couple of items not available in the local shop - millet for her cockatiel and mouse bait (yes field mice again :sorry:), then we picked up Katy from mum's to spend the night at our house so we could take her for her grooming appointment early this morning :angelic:

Our area has been moved down to tier 1 (until the cases go back up again presumably, so that's reassuring ...maybe or maybe not ;)).

We discovered that Katy has discovered a new way of getting our attention if we're not playing, I sat down at the computer to read and post yesterday evening and she plonked her toy on my lap and then tugged my sleeve gently with her teeth, makes it difficult to concentrate with a small poodle hanging on your every move :hilarious:

Anyway, Katy looks very swish with her new hair trim, not to mention lbs thinner :D

@dunelm - I think the binmen are using a van repurposed from a service that is shut down because of covid, so, not quite so wasteful as it could be.
I'm glad your SIL is improving so well :)
I haven't heard of trying acetone with ink, I'm gaining lots of new inspirations for art work techniques here :)
It seems to be an effective way of laying down a varied base to work into and has produced some interesting art, particularly like your trees as always :)

@Alien Aspie - hope your hunt for a new home goes well, you're making me nostalgic for the many happy times we spent in Wales when I was younger :)

@gennepher - lovely burst of colour, I like it :)

@lindisfel - glad you got to see family face to face, even though it was restricted.

I agree, we wouldn't want to be without our woodburner for the winter now, we can open all the house doors to keep things warmed if the power goes out. Sometimes we get bird strike power cuts even without the bad weather ones we get. We used to run a small fluorescent light from an inverter powered by a spare car battery, (which gave us enough light to read by), but now we use an LED desk lamp :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I do generally prefer to use the white of the paper with watercolour but, since I work quite small, the water sometimes gets away with the paint :hilarious: I must graduate to painting on bigger sheets of paper (finding the idea a bit daunting for some reason :sorry: )

I love your Conway valley waterfall painting, gorgeous colour, and I particularly appreciate the subtlety of the colour reflection through the water :joyful:

art bit -
still working on clouds

View attachment 45006
Tier 1 - excellent - and thank you for your comments re the trees.
Your clouds are billowing up nicely and reflecting nicely off the water. Background hills as always - a very pleasing piece of art.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 45016
Excellent - your granddaughter must be chuffed to bits.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of a bowl of spicy soup with chorizo and home made low carb cheese scone came in at 4.9 this am

Not a great deal going on here at the moment. I damaged my right foot and ankle a few days ago so had to change my name to Igor. Came up like a melon. Now slowly going down with the aid of Naproxen and Ibuprofen gel. Bit drastic I know but it keeps me from wandering out into the land of the Covids.

Bit of a departure in the painting department. Another typical Chinese landscape and then some autumn leaves, Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Time now for koffy.

upload_2020-10-31_6-42-4.jpeg

upload_2020-10-31_6-41-48.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully quiet start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of a bowl of spicy soup with chorizo and home made low carb cheese scone came in at 4.9 this am

Not a great deal going on here at the moment. I damaged my right foot and ankle a few days ago so had to change my name to Igor. Came up like a melon. Now slowly going down with the aid of Naproxen and Ibuprofen gel. Bit drastic I know but it keeps me from wandering out into the land of the Covids.

Bit of a departure in the painting department. Another typical Chinese landscape and then some autumn leaves, Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Time now for koffy.

View attachment 45025

View attachment 45024
Ouch, sorry about the ankle, hope it's recovery speeds up, take care.

Two nice pieces of art to greet us with today. The mountains as good as usual a very dramatic mist scene and those vibrant colours excellently merging, a good strong painting. I am enjoying looking at both although I favour the second today.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today.

So we be in new territory Tier 2. Our son is 40 on Nov 5th and last year had all sorts of plans for his 40th now non of us will be able to meet unless we see him outside problem is there are 7 of them so not likely.

No idea what I am doing with my day today I shall just let it take me where it will.

Keep soldiering onwards. Keep safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still fasting and entering the third full day. I'm ignoring the twelve hours I didn't eat leading up to the first morning. Brain fog has gone and this mornings score is 4.8 :)

Yesterday was spent in the fours after the initial take so all's good.

Enjoy the day ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, be it a good bad or indifferent one and whatever Tier in which you currently abide a while. Sorry to hear of the ankle injury @dunelm but, thankfully, it seems a man of your resources has the situation under control. @Alien Aspie congratulations on the fasting stint which seems to very much agree with your bg levels. @karen8967 that fbg seems about the sweet spot for you, no? @Muddy Cyclist hug for the wonderful plans to celebrate your son's birthday being stymied by COVID. Wonderful work with the pumpkin. @Krystyna23040 and @Muddy Cyclist the Aldi quality variations is interesting. Our main issues are having no loose fruit and veg, less variety than say Lidl imho, no mackerel in evo - all sunflower, and salmon not up to snuff. The Waitrose cafe/coffee problem never really occurred as only the Motherload Cambridge branch in our area had one. The St Ives, Cambs, one was an excellent place to meet old school friends and family and we liked the "house" coffee. Lots of thoughts on diet this morning - very Billy Joel start (when I'm deep inside myself). Including just how close to OCD is LC WOE? One wonders just how much honesty will be reflected in the eventual counting of his compatriots' ballots and what part, if any, ACB plays in the eventual outcome? Pip Pip old toots.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Have a good weekend everyone.
Eldest daughter recovering very fast from covid.
She is Zooming us today and has already been out walking and done 2 miles, she is a very strong person mentally and determined to get working again soon.
D.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
We don't have much choice, just Lidl and a Coop in the local small town or it's a trip to Carlisle.
The Coop is probably c.30% dearer than Lidl but some will shop at the Coop out of a belief they are more divinely ordained for their use! :)
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We don't have much choice, just Lidl and a Coop in the local small town or it's a trip to Carlisle.
The Coop is probably c.30% dearer than Lidl but some will shop at the Coop out of a belief they are more divinely ordained for their use! :)
D.
Excellent news about your daughter, Derek. The supermarket and choice issue is interesting. Pre COVID, probably like many others? we would cherry pick items from several supermarkets, local markets, farm shops and butchers. Now we rely on deliveries and Waitrose have prioritised Julie. They even phoned yesterday to check that we were happy with everything from the last delivery. In the lull we did bulk buy cocoa from Aldi but the nearest Aldi (Brandon) was swarming with clientele frighteningly lawless re COVID protocols.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last day of sensor freedom and will put a new one on tomorrow for the start of the month.

With furlough payments ending today, I will no longer qualify for any government help so I will be rationing what little I made from writing gigs over the summer to hopefully tide me over until I find a new job.
Have been offered a chance to submit a new commentary test for a freelance role I have been chasing for 18 months so will put my focus on clipping up my radio work and practicing commentary to submit a new demo and show reel.
Of course nothing is guaranteed but the last few months have been crippling with the anxiety if unemployment and feeling unemployable at 51. I finally confronted my finances and company admin this week, and now up to date, no matter how scary that is.

Thinking of rationing the Libre sensors for one a month - not having to travel has meant more time to get into a proper exercise routine and controllable cooking and the results have been good so there is at least one silver lining in living on a limited budget again.

Off for a round of golf and frozen batch cooked Minced Beef hotpot for tea tonight... apt as the weather says it is going to rain from the time we start our round to the end!!!

Happy Saturday everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967