What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening posters and painters.

National bin day, remember best panic buy sprouts.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a cold and gentle breezy morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a thick chicken and veg slow cooker stew came in at 5.3 this am

More smashing artwork to greet my morning, @Muddy Cyclist - the splodge and splatter worked out well and I hope that you are now happy with a misty rendition of the place. @gennepher - cool cat - reminds me of Craven A and Black Cat cigarettes. @geefull - well you have leaves cracked that’s for sure - smashing.

It’s Remembrance Day today so Mrs Miggins and I will be wandering down to the local cenotaph and to plant a couple of crosses in the memorial garden across the road from it.

Spent some time yesterday with some of the many brushes that I received from my mother - unfortunately they are all labeled in Chinese so unsure what bristles are made of and have to go by feel - some are very soft, some quite hard.
Anyhow, a few sketches on lining paper.
Hope everyone manages to have a decent day. My foot and ankle is almost there but I can walk it off I think - will see. Koffy time.

View attachment 45311

View attachment 45310

View attachment 45309
Thanks for the painting compliment, sort of happy with painting but certainly not captured the place, will have another go fro a different angle.

Your art work with the brushes sent to you worked out well. My favourite is the third Bamboo drawing I'm always impressed on how well you see this and use of the brush strokes.

Take care on that ankle no running before you can walk.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

I have to go to MILs bungalow, again. :banghead: Apparently one of the heavy metal front gates came off its hinges according to a neighbour. We have never opened the one that's broken so no idea why or how I am going to fix it, may need a welder. Must get there before a scrap man decides its scrap.

Use some time to reminisce today. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a good day everyone.

Just to lighten your day, can you artists answer a question please?

Why are Spanish restorers making a habit with laughable restorations of works of religious art?
Crazy isn’t it - all they need to do is stabalize the things - perhaps they are using cartoonists? Some of their stone restorations are and utter disgrace.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the painting compliment, sort of happy with painting but certainly not captured the place, will have another go fro a different angle.

Your art work with the brushes sent to you worked out well. My favourite is the third Bamboo drawing I'm always impressed on how well you see this and use of the brush strokes.

Take care on that ankle no running before you can walk.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist although my mother (greatest critic) may not agree with some. Mind you, she did teach Chinese brushwork and calligraphy for about 40 years.
Good luck with the broken gate and look forward to a series of misty paintings.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

My painting for today.
In ZenBrush2
For the last half hour I have been doing this silhouette of Popeye as he shifted round and round clockwise, sleeping on my bed in front of me. So the silhouette kept shifting. It was like a relaxing meditation to do this, no thought as I was doing it, empty mind, just looking at his shape and rise and fall of his breathing. It is now 7am, and I have to be gone soon...so another coffee and clothes to find....

View attachment 45308
It's good when creativity is enjoyed and uplifts, a successful tool for meditation and wellbeing, resulting in what looks to be a well fed and contented cat. :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Misty and damp dog walk. Just getting ready for my morning Zoom classes. So lovely to be able to keep up to date with admin as my travelling time now is walking up the stairs to the office - with my cup of coffee.

SilverK

I have Amitriptyline @SilverK

I was prescribed it for Fibromyalgia in 2006. I had quite a high dose. It worked for me.
I took it at night. It also helped my restless legs and 'burning' toes. And more too.

Then a GP doctor around 2010 decided it was responsible for my dry mouth (it wasn't, I have Sjögren's Syndrome, and that was diagnosed by Liverpool Royal hospital and Dental Hospital in 1990's with severe dry mouth), and my GP wouldn't give the Amitriptyline back to me.

So then I had to look for a more 'natural'/other medicines. I found 5htp at Holland&Barratt. It worked. Expensive, but it worked. BUT a few years later they changed the composition of the tablets, and it didn't work any more for me.

Then, around 2018 I saw the podiatrist and explained about my 'burning' toes etc. She's said I needed Amitriptyline (which is what I'd had originally in 2006 prescribed for Fibromyalgia, and it had been brilliant, and in 2006 I had been given several different dosage amitriptyline tablets and told to experiment to find the dosage that was good for me), and the 2018 podiatrist recommended to my GP that I be given Amitriptyline. But the GP would only give me the lowest possible dosage, which was absolutely no use at all to me. But knowing what I had been allowed to take in 2006, I then saved up my tablets to a 'useful' dose for me, and I will take that before bedtime on one of those nights where my toes are giving me so much grief that I could bash the wall with my toes.

I have other strategies I use on other nights, but I save the Amitriptyline for nights when I could quite happily agree to an amputation of my toes.

I would never take Amitriptyline in the daytime, because it does make me sleepy and relaxed immediately. But at bedtime works well for me.

Anyone I have spoken to, who has been prescribed Amitriptyline has not found that it works in any way at all for them. But maybe the dosage was wrong?

I hope this is of some help to you.

That is a real help, thank you. Feeling more or less human today. It’s not really doing anything for the pain yet, but it’s early days yet. Very little sleep again last night. There’s no way I can go back to work next week, I wouldn’t survive five minutes.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1605088377984.jpg

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here goes. Martinmas today so Goose will be eaten this very day. Current youngest granddaughter here all day so Moana but I thought I would go a tad more classical with y'all . @Alien Aspie the fasting has worked amazingly for you, I'm so pleased on your behalf. @SilverK Julie took Amitriptyline, no side effects. In fact no effect at all Tramadol and Gabapentin have a minor effect on her back pain. Hug for you and anyone in constant pain. @RFSMarch hope lodger bestirs in a timely manner. I think the gravy hit is probably the answer mediated by a glass of decent wine and exercise but IMHO "proper cooked" is where LC and me part company. Have a great day everyone.

It is tricky - and I think when I was at the height of my travelling and only had carb options at media centres... I had to make my piece with the fact that I would have to have meds and do the best I could to be LC when I could. Once I made my peace with that, then it was easier to withdraw from the toxicity around those who have a more evangelistic outlook on LCHF and if you fall short of their lofty ideals, then you were just doing it wrong.

I have come to learn there is no ONE RIGHT WAY to deal with MY diabetes. There are a number of options available to us and it is up to us to try and find what fits. I hope that I have found something that has worked for me - but I fully understand that it won't work for everyone.

But you have reminded me - today is week-day WhatsApp Wino with my best mate and I have a lovely quarter-bottle of white zinfandel that will be the perfect accompaniment to LC Pad See Ew using thin strips of cabbage instead of ribbon noodles.

Reactions: DJC3

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

Ernest Blackmore
1900–1915
BIRTH APR 1900 • Parracombe, Devon, England
DEATH 4 OCT 1915 • Killed in Action France & Flanders

Charles Henry Fiske III 1896–1918
BIRTH 3 DEC 1896 • Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, USA
DEATH AUGUST 24 1918 • Died of wounds in France

Sydney Passmore
1881–1915
BIRTH 28 DEC 1881 • Combe Martin, Devon, England
DEATH 13 MAY 1915 • Died at sea Body Not Recovered For Burial HMS Goliath

A few of those I think of on this day that never returned home.

My fbg 5,6 today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is tricky - and I think when I was at the height of my travelling and only had carb options at media centres... I had to make my piece with the fact that I would have to have meds and do the best I could to be LC when I could. Once I made my peace with that, then it was easier to withdraw from the toxicity around those who have a more evangelistic outlook on LCHF and if you fall short of their lofty ideals, then you were just doing it wrong.

I have come to learn there is no ONE RIGHT WAY to deal with MY diabetes. There are a number of options available to us and it is up to us to try and find what fits. I hope that I have found something that has worked for me - but I fully understand that it won't work for everyone.

But you have reminded me - today is week-day WhatsApp Wino with my best mate and I have a lovely quarter-bottle of white zinfandel that will be the perfect accompaniment to LC Pad See Ew using thin strips of cabbage instead of ribbon noodles.
We are very much on the same pages about N=1 (David Unwin also an advocate of that) and The Pearl Clutchers. The PCs have, IMHO, put more members off LC than anyone or anything else. and are just bullies to many newcomers. We've touched on the comparison with outstanding sportsmen and women who can't be copied. I could copy everything Ben Stokes does and never come close. I'm also never going to eat raw liver whatever the PCs say. All I want is to stay competitive and take this game deep into the fifth day, as it were

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are very much on the same pages about N=1 (David Unwin also an advocate of that) and The Pearl Clutchers. The PCs have, IMHO, put more members off LC than anyone or anything else. and are just bullies to many newcomers. We've touched on the comparison with outstanding sportsmen and women who can't be copied. I could copy everything Ben Stokes does and never come close. I'm also never going to eat raw liver whatever the PCs say. All I want is to stay competitive and take this game deep into the fifth day, as it were

Obviously a lot has happened since my self-enforced break from the FB group that I eventually left and coming back to the forums... I think when you are at your mist vulnerable, it is when you are just trying to get to grips with everything.
To test or not to test
LCHF or full on Keto
If you don't Keto, are you even really T2?
Intermittent fasting, or you are not doing it right
YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT DOING WHAT I SAY!

When you get bombarded with all of that as well as GPs saying don't test, people saying DO test or else how will you know what is causing you damage.. even with my cousin and her hubby (both diabetic) we have VERY different approaches to this disease.. we are very different people. Thankfully though... I like them more than toxic randoms on a forum so I could find a way through... but I do fear for those who don't have people who can relate to what we are going through and get sucked into the whole "I know best" culture... that's where things go off the rails!

Glad to have found a calm voice in the storm on my comeback!