What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cumberland hurrah! So glad you’re back in the zone. Have a great break in Bournemouth.
@PenguinMum I’ll be interested to see how good that Lakeland drier is. So many clothes are not tumble dryable now, and once daughter and partner move in with us in Aug we are going to struggle in our little cottage getting all the clothes dry. I thought one of these would be ideal - we could plug it in in the garage, there is plenty of room in there as it only contains Mr Cs motorbike.
Based on my use of it today and son’s feedback it is just a heated clothes airer so if you put stuff on a regular airer near a radiator it works better. I have had a load of tshirts and polo shirts on it today for 6 hours and they are ceetainly not dry just drier! I am thinking of replacing my compact tumble drier for the garage where it foesnt matter about venting.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Based on my use of it today and son’s feedback it is just a heated clothes airer so if you put stuff on a regular airer near a radiator it works better. I have had a load of tshirts and polo shirts on it today for 6 hours and they are ceetainly not dry just drier! I am thinking of replacing my compact tumble drier for the garage where it foesnt matter about venting.

Oh that’s disappointing, I was hoping they’d be better - they’re quite expensive aren’t they? Our problem will be work uniforms for Mr C and girls and all the cheap Primark T shirts - none of which can be tumble dried. The cottage is a bit damp so I don’t really want to air more clothes in the house.
Thanks for the feedback.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That's exactly what I did last night. I so wanted to watch the Alice Roberts documentary on Canterbury but thought it would be really nice to watch it lying down on the sofa - snuggled under a cosy throw. Big mistake - woke up and found I had missed the whole programme.
Me too last night. Fell asleep watching Love Island. Enough said!!!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Lots of protein last night. Chicken kebab night. 2 spoons of the most amazing chilli sauce, cabbage and a little onion. No bread. Red wine (2 medium glasses) and a few mixed nuts. Have the same most Saturdays. Love Saturdays. Blood sugars well within 2 points after 2 hours. Win win. And reasonable FBS.

Tomorrows might not be so good. Fathers day. Hubby has 2 children. Same 2 as me Haha. Both bestowed lovely pressies and cards on him. Emotions flowed. Out for dinner as the icing on the cake. He had 3 courses. Everyone else just 2. His dessert was a combination of 4 mini desserts. It was to share with daughter and 2 year old granddaughter (who turned up her nose!!!). I grabbed her spoon and had a small spoon of the cheesecake. My dessert was a special coffee, no sugar. We have had a lovely day, even though we did both work this morning.

Home now. To finish his day he watched the UNICEF footy match and is currently laughing his head off watching the new Top Gear. Seems suitably impressed. I'm his waitress service for the evening and coffee has just been served. He is smiling like a Cheshire cat. One happy bunny. Which is just how it should be for the man who is the best dad in the world.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to read that your dryer had given up the ghost. Always an issue when having to replace white goods. We have a condensing dryer but recently we have been considering getting a heated airier as at first glance they seem to be a cheaper to run and take up little space.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/around-t...drying-and-airers/electric-dryers-and-airers/

You just taught me something. Another difference in this common language which "divides" the UK and the US. :)

So, white goods in the UK are dryers, washers, etc.?

Here a "white sale" means towels and sheets and other bedding.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If at 64 you are in the 'frail old wreck age group ' goodness knows what group I am in - maybe in the 'totally frail old age wreck group '.

I am in the crawled-out-of-the-wreckage-old-age group and standing firm looking round from the higher ground we've gained!

When I'm not sleeping through TV programs ... :D

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
113 mg/dl (6,3 mmol/l) for me this morning.
Morning fasting counts continue to be the hardest to manage. My post prantial counts are comparatively much better.
Screenshot_20190617-083808_DiabetesM.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Drat, that’s disappointing so perhaps shelling out for one of those may not be such a good idea. Thank you for letting us know.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in the crawled-out-of-the-wreckage-old-age group and standing firm looking round from the higher ground we've gained!

When I'm not sleeping through TV programs ... :D
Yes - please can I join you. That exactly describes how I feel about myself.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 oh I’m so happy with this at long last

Have a good day

Off to Bournemouth tomorrow for a wee break so might not be on here as regular
Brilliant - take care in that there Bournemouth place with all those tempting treats on display - they might even be wafting yorkies under your nose.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You just taught me something. Another difference in this common language which "divides" the UK and the US. :)

So, white goods in the UK are dryers, washers, etc.?

Here a "white sale" means towels and sheets and other bedding.
Yes, in the UK “white goods” refers to large electrical goods used domestically such as refrigerators and washing machines, typically white in colour. I have a sister, born in the USA, who lives in Texas - we constantly have to explain meanings to each other. Her husband and their two girls think that this is extremely funny.