What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This evening's research involves quality checking some Glenmorangie. Tough old gig but I shall bear up stoically
I can report that the aforementioned Seaweed & Aeons & Diggings & Fire is, on first tasting, very pleasurable. A bit of background peat - not like that Lafroag which seems to be a preparatory for hiccoughs while bog snorkling and a note milder than Lagavoulin. Please note that this is only a preliminary report and much research is yet to be conducted.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can report that the aforementioned Seaweed & Aeons & Diggings & Fire is, on first tasting, very pleasurable. A bit of background peat - not like that Lafroag which seems to be a preparatory for hiccoughs while bog snorkling and a note milder than Lagavoulin. Please note that this is only a preliminary report and much research is yet to be conducted.
Yes, one must never, ever rush such delicate, vital work. I admire your public spirited attitude in undertaking such an arduous and potentially dangerous task on our behalf. Such nobility. Such breeding. I shall chivvy the Quatermaster that I may, perhaps, take some of the burden from your shoulders. Although I did sign a contract to test a couple of this year's Bourbon's, some Jamesons's and something offered by a Frenchman called Martin last Sunday. BIL's annual box of Laithwaites offering also arrived yesterday. The nation demands we bravely battle on.:angelic:
If we ever unpack all the boxes I may have to employ someone to test everything.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 ➡️
Lying in bed trying to use The Force after watching the latest eppy of The Mandalorian to get my coffee to make itself. It is not working so nothing for it, going to have to physically get out of bed.

Physio at 8am and then quick change when I get back as I am out golfing with the guy I set up Britwatch Sports with and another friend ... and some good practice ahead of 18 tomorrow on a Texas Scramble.

Weird thing happened yesterday - some random woman dumped a tied up bin bag of rubbish on my door step. Cameras picked her up and she just put it on the doorstep and walked off my drive.

Trying to work out if it is the mother of the horrible 19yo who I put up as a favour to them and she cost me £600 in things she broke, or whether it is someone else who ended up got booted from our street WhatsApp group as she did not even live here, but I wonder if Mrs Passive Aggressive neighbour is behind this as she seems hell bent in telling me at every opportunity sentences beginning with “The trouble with you is ....”

Seeing as I live at the bottom of the road and the cameras stop as she is heading back UP the road and not down an alleyway it looks as though she purposefully came to this house. It looked like just envelopes and stuff and I just put it out against a wall to be collected on Tuesday
Oh dear, that’s not very good. My temptation would be a gloves on delve for evidence of origin (in the garage) and the possibility of returning this lost property to it’s rightful owner singing Summer is icumen in.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning

6.2 this morning, can't wait to jump in the shower tonight!

Also can't wait until Monday, I'll be able to try and grab a nap in the afternoons again! Tried uploading a few pics of the bathroom but will need to have a mess around with them first as files are too large :rolleyes:
xx

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 ➡️
Lying in bed trying to use The Force after watching the latest eppy of The Mandalorian to get my coffee to make itself. It is not working so nothing for it, going to have to physically get out of bed.

Physio at 8am and then quick change when I get back as I am out golfing with the guy I set up Britwatch Sports with and another friend ... and some good practice ahead of 18 tomorrow on a Texas Scramble.

Weird thing happened yesterday - some random woman dumped a tied up bin bag of rubbish on my door step. Cameras picked her up and she just put it on the doorstep and walked off my drive.

Trying to work out if it is the mother of the horrible 19yo who I put up as a favour to them and she cost me £600 in things she broke, or whether it is someone else who ended up got booted from our street WhatsApp group as she did not even live here, but I wonder if Mrs Passive Aggressive neighbour is behind this as she seems hell bent in telling me at every opportunity sentences beginning with “The trouble with you is ....”

Seeing as I live at the bottom of the road and the cameras stop as she is heading back UP the road and not down an alleyway it looks as though she purposefully came to this house. It looked like just envelopes and stuff and I just put it out against a wall to be collected on Tuesday

My input @RFSMarch once I had stopped spitting feathers, is possibly to go through the bin bag, disposable gloves on of course, and find any address in it.

Then put a note stapled to the bin bag, take a photo of it before you take it to the appropriate address. The note saying something like, this bin bag has been dumped in my garden (but you don't have to say who you are, nor your name, nor your address), but as a concerned person you found their address in the bin bag and it looked like there were some private details in the bag (even if there is nothing else in the bag, they are not going to look through it anyway) and you are very concerned that these details could fall into the wrong hands, so you are returning it to them, and just letting them know, because of the concerned person you are etc. But don't give your name nor say where it was left.You do not have to ring or knock, just leave it there with the note, after all these are Covid times.

But do whatever makes you feel safe, and take no notice of what I suggest if you feel it will make things worse...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a morning laced with promise here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a spicy roasted red pepper and tomato soup ladened with crispy lardon croutons came in at 5.2 this am

@geefull - smashing festive art
@Muddy Cyclist - like the cards, do you buy blanks from somewhere? Your very festive contribution to the winter runway style is a triumph.
@gennepher - I do like this Zhang Daqian style landscape - impressive, colourful, detailed - smashing. All the best with the grotto.

boxes from a production to Tinsel Town have been portered by pack mule from the attic and decanted into the dining room - contents of some tea chests now adorning nooks and crannies in several rooms and strings of LED lights and mock greenery wound round the banisters. Looks as though I will be assigned novelty Jeux sans frontières activities this weekend. And I had so much planned; sharpening pencils, arranging brushes, sofa testing while multi tasking with the TV remote.
Watched Grayson Perry Art Club - he really is art’s answer to stand up satyre. Best only carry one tree decoration at a time backwards and forwards from box to tree in order to get my fitbit involved.

Have a wonderful Saturday. One little sketch today on a 9x6 rice paper sample. Koffy consumed but time enough for a refil.

upload_2020-12-5_8-34-1.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 ➡️

Nowt so queer as folk.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

painting for today in ZenBrush3
Inspiration from Zhang Daqian

Am getting a bit more used to this app...

Now I am waiting for that rare phenomenon called daylight to finish this grotto, but it is sleeting out there...

View attachment 45974
A staggering landscape, so long which must be quite demanding on a screen, well done.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr K reminded me this morning that I had bought a warm hood to wear when it got really cold. I had completely forgotten.

I bought it because it had one bad review. The review issued a warning that it was too warm for the UK weather. Obviously the perfect hood for me. Wore it this morning with my woolly hat over it and it was so warm and toasty.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
A special mention for @gennepher , thank you for the sprout artwork, me and my alternative me's had a little chuckle.

A 6.2 on that meter of etc, etc. Here in Tilehurst Towers these meters and reading seem to develop a life of their own, I think it's something in the water.

Such bravery shown on the thread this morning by two of our stalwarts @dunelm and @ianpspurs risking all testing waters of life on our behalve.

Have a great day, hugs if required and stay safe when climbing ladders and step ladders when festooning your abodes with Christmas decorations.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Inspiring young lady..

think, if i could, I'd be hunting down a bill or such like.
latter addressed to culprit...

take snap and give them notice it was (obviously :rolleyes:) an accident, but like anyone of your neighbours
you were horrified to find some one had fly tipped in the street

if your not going to take further action (presume not by your post)
this at least puts them on warning you don't take this $hee1t lying down
and will dig in until you find the filth that do such things.

could just keep it all semi civil, in a plausible deniability kind of way
while showing you 'might' take it further next time.....win/win

but do understand, 'neighbours' and trying to keep the peace.

good luck

follow up..
maldorian...worth the watch ?

star trek fan.. stars wars not so much.
but big sci-fi fan, regardless.

did see it likened to the dark tower.
which i just couldn't get into.
I actually took it round the corner to the public bins. In normal circs I would have had a look see but in the middle of a global pandemic I didn’t feel too keen!

I dropped it by the public bins near the bus-stop this morning on the way to the physio.

Huge Star Wars and Star Trek fan so it was a double whammy of streaming joy for me with new eppies of Star Trek: Discovery & The Mandalorian and yeah I love them all!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
with my woolly hat over it and it was so warm and toasty.
Poor Mr K. He looks away for a moment and has to croon Hello, is it you i'm looking for? That man is a veritable saint. Please ensure his glass is kept well topped up tomorrow and don't interrupt the rugger. There's a good gel:angelic:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My input @RFSMarch once I had stopped spitting feathers, is possibly to go through the bin bag, disposable gloves on of course, and find any address in it.

Then put a note stapled to the bin bag, take a photo of it before you take it to the appropriate address. The note saying something like, this bin bag has been dumped in my garden (but you don't have to say who you are, nor your name, nor your address), but as a concerned person you found their address in the bin bag and it looked like there were some private details in the bag (even if there is nothing else in the bag, they are not going to look through it anyway) and you are very concerned that these details could fall into the wrong hands, so you are returning it to them, and just letting them know, because of the concerned person you are etc. But don't give your name nor say where it was left.You do not have to ring or knock, just leave it there with the note, after all these are Covid times.

But do whatever makes you feel safe, and take no notice of what I suggest if you feel it will make things worse...

yeah maybe I should have had a look but I just put it in the public bin near the bus-stop because I had no inclination to go fishing about in someone else’s garbage.

Oh well - too late now to do anything about it and no-one has come in search of their missing rubbish so ... if it happens again then I might post something in our group WhatsApp to see if anyone else saw it ...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cute , huh? Christmas card from No3 son. Miss RMP - current baby of our brood's brood. The Cosy Coupe is a family tradition. Text says Driving home for Christmas - she may be hijacked by Nan and Granddad.

[
Pv4-g0LOICAFHFEqUI-_J6dmOuqS1JUh06ZUUEM9ehxzUxhmdAWQPp2JgwB9WehV9u5LDwhDyXvIvxPC7h2KuZHvdu85tMVbeJQDE7FrWVUHzTyEHjXMx3ZsC9eoVZ7WGgtkrWV9

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.10am FBG 6.4.
Once again disturbed night due to torrential rain and leak above bed. MrSlim has arranged for us to view a different motorhome today, (he obviously doesn't appreciate the in bed shower) and after much discussion we have decided it will be impossible to adapt the current layout to suit us better. Out of gas again. Still no spare but at least van temp was up from 6c to 16c.
Bit alarming that the car was making unusual noise when we set out, but seems to have settled down now. Am full of anticipation, despite the odd noise, feels like a day out.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

What a good idea @gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.10am FBG 6.4.
Once again disturbed night due to torrential rain and leak above bed. MrSlim has arranged for us to view a different motorhome today, (he obviously doesn't appreciate the in bed shower) and after much discussion we have decided it will be impossible to adapt the current layout to suit us better. Out of gas again. Still no spare but at least van temp was up from 6c to 16c.
Bit alarming that the car was making unusual noise when we set out, but seems to have settled down now. Am full of anticipation, despite the odd noise, feels like a day out.
You sure are a tough'un Lizzy. Praying for a good deal on a dry Motorhome for you then a return to wonderful fbgs. BTW, are you still in Norwich? That can't be helping:angelic:

Reactions: jjraak