What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.6 for me today.

Wet again here and I promised Mrs MC I would sort the garden shed, full of stuff from MILs garden shed that needs to be sorted if we are ever going to be able to use our shed again, maybe the rain will stop.

Flipping Arthritis still playing up, such is life.

Make the best of your time today. Keep safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shopping at 5am is a novel idea for me but it does mean I have all my grocery shopping now bought and booked through to Jan.

Oh, 6.2 this morning.

Who can take a sunrise
Sprinkle it with dew
Covers it with nonsense as the politicians do?
The Boiler Man
Oh, the Boiler Man can
The Boiler Man can 'cause he mixes it with lies
And leaves the water still cold

The continuing saga of the Boiler Man, that inept creation that appears to serve no function except to consume time. No, it's not fixed and, as predicted, the heating is off this morning :banghead:

No need for hugs though, I am warm enough in my den ;)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1 for me
FB_IMG_1561140088165.jpg

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 ➡️
Lying in bed trying to use The Force after watching the latest eppy of The Mandalorian to get my coffee to make itself. It is not working so nothing for it, going to have to physically get out of bed.

Physio at 8am and then quick change when I get back as I am out golfing with the guy I set up Britwatch Sports with and another friend ... and some good practice ahead of 18 tomorrow on a Texas Scramble.

Weird thing happened yesterday - some random woman dumped a tied up bin bag of rubbish on my door step. Cameras picked her up and she just put it on the doorstep and walked off my drive.

Trying to work out if it is the mother of the horrible 19yo who I put up as a favour to them and she cost me £600 in things she broke, or whether it is someone else who ended up got booted from our street WhatsApp group as she did not even live here, but I wonder if Mrs Passive Aggressive neighbour is behind this as she seems hell bent in telling me at every opportunity sentences beginning with “The trouble with you is ....”

Seeing as I live at the bottom of the road and the cameras stop as she is heading back UP the road and not down an alleyway it looks as though she purposefully came to this house. It looked like just envelopes and stuff and I just put it out against a wall to be collected on Tuesday

Reactions: kaylz91

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 ➡️
Lying in bed trying to use The Force after watching the latest eppy of The Mandalorian to get my coffee to make itself. It is not working so nothing for it, going to have to physically get out of bed.

Physio at 8am and then quick change when I get back as I am out golfing with the guy I set up Britwatch Sports with and another friend ... and some good practice ahead of 18 tomorrow on a Texas Scramble.

Weird thing happened yesterday - some random woman dumped a tied up bin bag of rubbish on my door step. Cameras picked her up and she just put it on the doorstep and walked off my drive.

Trying to work out if it is the mother of the horrible 19yo who I put up as a favour to them and she cost me £600 in things she broke, or whether it is someone else who ended up got booted from our street WhatsApp group as she did not even live here, but I wonder if Mrs Passive Aggressive neighbour is behind this as she seems hell bent in telling me at every opportunity sentences beginning with “The trouble with you is ....”

Seeing as I live at the bottom of the road and the cameras stop as she is heading back UP the road and not down an alleyway it looks as though she purposefully came to this house. It looked like just envelopes and stuff and I just put it out against a wall to be collected on Tuesday
Hugs for this stupidity @RFSMarch

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shopping at 5am is a novel idea for me but it does mean I have all my grocery shopping now bought and booked through to Jan.

Oh, 6.2 this morning.

Who can take a sunrise
Sprinkle it with dew
Covers it with nonsense as the politicians do?
The Boiler Man
Oh, the Boiler Man can
The Boiler Man can 'cause he mixes it with lies
And leaves the water still cold

The continuing saga of the Boiler Man, that inept creation that appears to serve no function except to consume time. No, it's not fixed and, as predicted, the heating is off this morning :banghead:

No need for hugs though, I am warm enough in my den ;)
I am glad you are warm and toasty @Alien Aspie

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

painting for today in ZenBrush3
Inspiration from Zhang Daqian

Am getting a bit more used to this app...

Now I am waiting for that rare phenomenon called daylight to finish this grotto, but it is sleeting out there...

4896479D-1D9E-4E51-AB20-675A4B31586A.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning each be it good, bad or indifferent. One without hot water or heating for @Alien Aspie, coffee until she moves for @RFSMarch who has been mysteriously gifted a clownshoe's rubbish and with arthritis for @Muddy Cyclist. Swipey bestowed a 4.7 and it is Saturday, 50% of that is correct which is a sound pass in many exams. The old show your workings mantra may or may not help someone else.
B= Very much Assam TWAMIS: Dockey: CWCCS and dinky pkt cheddar cheesies: Lunch: Tea and BLT - SLC roll: EM: Super salmon and avo salad. Vits: Menu should have been a pleasure but my huge trust issues with this WOE means I never feel relaxed about menus. After 5.5 yrs this should be getting easier not harder, I personally don’t think it was too high carb or cal for me. Key: TWAMIS = Assam tea (about 2.5 litres) with almond milk, inulin and sweetener ; SLC = seriously low carb - 2.7 gms carb per roll; CWCCS- coffee (800 mls) with cream and s/f caramel syrup; Dockey is a Fen term for mid morning food break - bosses would dock pay for the time lost from work. Thanks to @JohnEGreen and @lindisfel whose wisdom has prompted me to put my professed faith to work on this WOE malarkey. For those interested Psalm 25 was a good start to my day. Immensity has been the word of the week chez this muppet. Toodle Pip.
ETA: Menu also had 1 x Jigger (biggest) Glemorangie

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.6 this morning and it's snowing here.

And.

Inspiring young lady..
6.3 ➡️

think, if i could, I'd be hunting down a bill or such like.
latter addressed to culprit...

take snap and give them notice it was (obviously :rolleyes:) an accident, but like anyone of your neighbours
you were horrified to find some one had fly tipped in the street

if your not going to take further action (presume not by your post)
this at least puts them on warning you don't take this $hee1t lying down
and will dig in until you find the filth that do such things.

could just keep it all semi civil, in a plausible deniability kind of way
while showing you 'might' take it further next time.....win/win

but do understand, 'neighbours' and trying to keep the peace.

good luck

follow up..
maldorian...worth the watch ?

star trek fan.. stars wars not so much.
but big sci-fi fan, regardless.

did see it likened to the dark tower.
which i just couldn't get into.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice one @gennepher - great silhouette and you have captured the mood of that misty sunrise very well.
Thank you @dunelm
It took an hour to get it anywhere near what I wanted.
Then another hour to do the telegraph pole.
To do the telegraph pole I used a piece of thick cardboard to get those straight wires. Many attempts and deletions. The thick cardboard didn't affect the iPad screen, it was just a cat who wanted to do his input to this telegraph pole...