What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cute , huh? Christmas card from No3 son. Miss RMP - current baby of our brood's brood. The Cosy Coupe is a family tradition. Text says Driving home for Christmas - she may be hijacked by Nan and Granddad.

[
Pv4-g0LOICAFHFEqUI-_J6dmOuqS1JUh06ZUUEM9ehxzUxhmdAWQPp2JgwB9WehV9u5LDwhDyXvIvxPC7h2KuZHvdu85tMVbeJQDE7FrWVUHzTyEHjXMx3ZsC9eoVZ7WGgtkrWV9
Just the best of times, family, very important.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a morning laced with promise here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a spicy roasted red pepper and tomato soup ladened with crispy lardon croutons came in at 5.2 this am

@geefull - smashing festive art
@Muddy Cyclist - like the cards, do you buy blanks from somewhere? Your very festive contribution to the winter runway style is a triumph.
@gennepher - I do like this Zhang Daqian style landscape - impressive, colourful, detailed - smashing. All the best with the grotto.

boxes from a production to Tinsel Town have been portered by pack mule from the attic and decanted into the dining room - contents of some tea chests now adorning nooks and crannies in several rooms and strings of LED lights and mock greenery wound round the banisters. Looks as though I will be assigned novelty Jeux sans frontières activities this weekend. And I had so much planned; sharpening pencils, arranging brushes, sofa testing while multi tasking with the TV remote.
Watched Grayson Perry Art Club - he really is art’s answer to stand up satyre. Best only carry one tree decoration at a time backwards and forwards from box to tree in order to get my fitbit involved.

Have a wonderful Saturday. One little sketch today on a 9x6 rice paper sample. Koffy consumed but time enough for a refil.

View attachment 45977
An interesting waterfall landscape, all that liquid sampling is obviously helping you to achieve some fine art.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That one is quite cute if you like that kind of thing. Trouble is she knows it, her dad and Nan have spoiled her;) Don't encourage 'em. We have too many gels and another due Feb. Need more boys:angelic::angelic:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I actually took it round the corner to the public bins. In normal circs I would have had a look see but in the middle of a global pandemic I didn’t feel too keen!

I dropped it by the public bins near the bus-stop this morning on the way to the physio.

Huge Star Wars and Star Trek fan so it was a double whammy of streaming joy for me with new eppies of Star Trek: Discovery & The Mandalorian and yeah I love them all!

Good point.

And cheers.
May give that a go during chrimbo

Reactions: UserABC2021

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We once had a similar experience with a boiler. Like her ladyship had nearly everything replaced. Eventually the problem was traced to a previous plumber who had mis aligned two pipes and joined them incorrectly, making the water flow the wrong way.

Ah, triggers new broom..;)

A longish clip.
For the understated comedy, and if you endure to the end .
The kicker for me...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

OFAH's...one of the few comedy shows me, mum & dad all agreed on they weren't so keen on my "other" picks..bottom anyone, lol

Reactions: mojo37

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonderful news.
Despite not thinking it was, confirmation is such a relief

As whoop I says ..

(Sorry alien ;):D)

One of my favourite films alongside Jesus Christ Superstar (original). As a Daoist I am more akin to Agnostics than atheists. Growing up I had a Jewish Catholic inheritance on one side and Buddhists on the other, it was fun. I went to an Anglican church and was a choirboy, later in life had the pleasure of taking Judas' role in Superstar for a local production.

I reached the conclusion very early on that (as @Muddy Cyclist said) the Church wasn't about Jesus the man or his ministries. Jenn (the wife) is Jewish and trained in Rabbinical practise hoping to become a female Rabbi. Her autism beat her at the end but we constantly debate scripture on other forums, which is quite amusing :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher. We liked very much the layout of the one we saw today, but the condition was pretty poor. However it had not been prepared for sale and after some negotiations, including a new fridge and a list of about twenty other items, we left a deposit. They will take ours in part exchange too. Which makes it a lot more affordable.
It might even be ready before Christmas.
Great! That sounds amazing @SlimLizzy

Reactions: jjraak

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oops!
Well, you'll be okay as long as there is not a security camera on you, and make sure nothing in your bin bag showing your address etc !!!
Good to know. Normally I fly midweek so it is like 1-2 days of food rubbish as I usually clear the fridge the weekend before (this was before I had cave dwellers in the house to do the bins etc) ...
- and you are so right re: other stuff - I always obliterate my details even on junk Mail, and I shred everything and when I have a lot of stuff I take it to a professional shredder.

I just checked all the footage that I have on my camera and it only picked up the woman on my Ring door bell as she actually left it, no attempt to even ring the door bell. Same with the camera in the drive - picks her up walking to step with the bin bag in her hand and she literally puts it on the step in the corner and then turns around and walks off without a care in the world!

Anyway - today’s footage shows that cave dweller has not left his room at all today. Only me coming and going to the physio and back and then to golf and back. One flyer (despite note saying no flyers or junk Mail), one Amazon parcel and two Christmas cards! Have also shut the electric gates so that you have to walk through the smaller gate and both cameras would pick
Someone up a lot clearer.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm Forgive my rudeness. I meant to answer your question about my painted Christmas cards and it slipped my mind, Mrs MC wanted to go to hole in wall to check her moms house sale money was in MILS account, MIL not got internet banking setup, money was there but she needed me to stand guard in case anyone looked over her shoulder :joyful:

Anyway yes I buy cards with envelopes, cards already cut and folded, I go for 3 fold cards. I paint my picture on a piece of watercolour paper and then slide into position held with double sided tape. I have wasted a few when I have folded the card wrong. Then write my message inside.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to know. Normally I fly midweek so it is like 1-2 days of food rubbish as I usually clear the fridge the weekend before (this was before I had cave dwellers in the house to do the bins etc) ...
- and you are so right re: other stuff - I always obliterate my details even on junk Mail, and I shred everything and when I have a lot of stuff I take it to a professional shredder.

I just checked all the footage that I have on my camera and it only picked up the woman on my Ring door bell as she actually left it, no attempt to even ring the door bell. Same with the camera in the drive - picks her up walking to step with the bin bag in her hand and she literally puts it on the step in the corner and then turns around and walks off without a care in the world!

Anyway - today’s footage shows that cave dweller has not left his room at all today. Only me coming and going to the physio and back and then to golf and back. One flyer (despite note saying no flyers or junk Mail), one Amazon parcel and two Christmas cards! Have also shut the electric gates so that you have to walk through the smaller gate and both cameras would pick
Someone up a lot clearer.

I hate all this junk mail that I have to shred in its entirety because your details are in the middle pages also. I did return it at one time, but then I began to wonder what happened to the envelopes with my details on at the other end.

I have a printed thing saying 'No' this that and the other, but no one reads.

Also printed thing says no unwanted callers, but no one reads, so then I specified the unwanted callers eg no catalogues, no religious groups etc and it finishes 'No appointment? Then no-one will answer the door.' Because being deaf, when there is an unexpected caller at the door, I cannot tell what they are saying immediately and I don't know the reason they are there. But if I know why a person is there eg gas boiler man for appointment , then I can figure out very quickly what he is saying. In order to lipread well, I need a clue into the conversation before someone speaks, and then I am pretty good at lipreading.

But this vulnerability of mine, gives a conman or rogue trader a foot in (so to speak) and they take advantage of making themselves appear official while I am still trying to work out what they are saying.

99% of all my doorbell ringing or knocks are opportunists. So I never answer the door now. If I am expecting something or someone, there is a prior arrangement of safe place, or they have instructions to text me from the front door now.

I bought a new doorbell earlier year. It is not a deaf persons doorbell, but it has a small blue flash, and I can move it from socket to socket if I am expecting someone so it is next to me, It has two plug in things. One is the longest ring I could find on it (then I am likely to see the flash). The other plug in thing is set to a dog barking, and that is right by the front door, in the socket there. I don't have that one plugged in if I am expecting a caller I want. A couple of days ago, Jehovah's Witnesses, two of them with face shields on, were going from door to door. They had seen me go in from my car.

So when they rang, the dog barking doorbell sprang into action (it is a very small literally not even one metre by one metre hallway and I always keep both doors shut and consequently this amplifies the barking doorbell sound dramatically), and they both moved pretty smartly back into the street.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hate all this junk mail that I have to shred in its entirety because your details are in the middle pages also. I did return it at one time, but then I began to wonder what happened to the envelopes with my details on at the other end.

I have a printed thing saying 'No' this that and the other, but no one reads.

Also printed thing says no unwanted callers, but no one reads, so then I specified the unwanted callers eg no catalogues, no religious groups etc and it finishes 'No appointment? Then no-one will answer the door.' Because being deaf, when there is an unexpected caller at the door, I cannot tell what they are saying immediately and I don't know the reason they are there. But if I know why a person is there eg gas boiler man for appointment , then I can figure out very quickly what he is saying. In order to lipread well, I need a clue into the conversation before someone speaks, and then I am pretty good at lipreading.

But this vulnerability of mine, gives a conman or rogue trader a foot in (so to speak) and they take advantage of making themselves appear official while I am still trying to work out what they are saying.

99% of all my doorbell ringing or knocks are opportunists. So I never answer the door now. If I am expecting something or someone, there is a prior arrangement of safe place, or they have instructions to text me from the front door now.

I bought a new doorbell earlier year. It is not a deaf persons doorbell, but it has a small blue flash, and I can move it from socket to socket if I am expecting someone so it is next to me, It has two plug in things. One is the longest ring I could find on it (then I am likely to see the flash). The other plug in thing is set to a dog barking, and that is right by the front door, in the socket there. I don't have that one plugged in if I am expecting a caller I want. A couple of days ago, Jehovah's Witnesses, two of them with face shields on, were going from door to door. They had seen me go in from my car.

So when they rang, the dog barking doorbell sprang into action (it is a very small literally not even one metre by one metre hallway and I always keep both doors shut and consequently this amplifies the barking doorbell sound dramatically), and they both moved pretty smartly back into the street.
I get so frustrated when they just ignore the “no junk” ... then again I have a note on my door saying use the green parcel box IF NO-ONE IS IN and the number of times delivery people completely ignore it and either leave it on the step or don’t even bother seeing if anyone is in!

That parcel box has paid for itself many times
Though!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor Mr K. He looks away for a moment and has to croon Hello, is it you i'm looking for? That man is a veritable saint. Please ensure his glass is kept well topped up tomorrow and don't interrupt the rugger. There's a good gel:angelic:
He is a real Rugby fan and was watching it today on Amazon Prime. No doubt he will watch it tomorrow also. He also loves really good whisky and would like to join you and @dunelm in the very important whisky testing especially as this is of National importance

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hoorah! The boiler is fixed :)

Her ladyship informed me that he had replaced virtually everything, a wonderful chap. I did insist that replacing everything was more akin to not knowing what was wrong and hedging his bets. Oh well, I'm not paying for it ;)

Quick (very) social statement sketch for the season.
View attachment 45985
So pleased that your boiler is fixed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
He is a real Rugby fan and was watching it today on Amazon Prime. No doubt he will watch it tomorrow also. He also loves really good whisky and would like to join you and @dunelm in the very important whisky testing especially as this is of National importance
After all he has been through it would be an honour to serve alongside such a man. Obviously all our work is both Top Secret and World Beating.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After all he has been through it would be an honour to serve alongside such a man. Obviously all our work is both Top Secret and World Beating.
He also understands that this research will take many years of dedicated work to complete.

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's Advent poem. Quite pertinent in these times of key workers. Also @Alien Aspie and @Muddy Cyclist not organised religion or even overtly Christian IMHO. This one, being Detroit inspired, calls for research into Bourbon. Long difficult work @Krystyna23040 so please don't burden Mr K when he is engaged on work of International importance.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also @Alien Aspie and @Muddy Cyclist not organised religion or even overtly Christian IMHO.

Even if it was I wouldn't have an issue with it.

I think we've been on this thread together long enough to glean some understanding of our various ways. I will challenge someone's faith if it is appropriate, after all, what good is faith unless it is tested?

However, I respect someone's choice and as long as it harms none, including themselves, and isn't used to control a situation, I don't care.

I do admit to looking up the verses etc that you share, just in case there's a stoning or two going on. I know what you flat-landers are like ;)

Psalm 9 was the first piece of public reading I made, it was at school and I was 10. I prayed really hard that god would step in and smite my enemies that had been bullying me since I was 7. He never did, not then nor later, but I have never forgotten that psalm.

Keep doing what you do my friend.

lindisfel

Expert
We once had a similar experience with a boiler. Like her ladyship had nearly everything replaced. Eventually the problem was traced to a previous plumber who had mis aligned two pipes and joined them incorrectly, making the water flow the wrong way.
Mechanics used to do that with cars , some had no idea on basic fault finding techniques with electrical circuits.
D.