What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is amusing me that all the people wailing in anguish about European countries closing their borders with our germ-ridden selves are the ones that.... wanted to leave in the first place. Ummm sing with me here, people... 'Don't you want me baybbbeeeeeee?'
That is exactly what amuses me also.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Letter from Consultant at eye clinic arrived today confirming that my eyes are stable and need no treatment for the Diabetic Macular Oedema and will not need to be reviewed for another 9 months.

What I was surprised to read in the letter was that the right eye was injected a year and a half ago and the left eye over six months ago. I hadn't realised that my eyes had been stable for so long. This has really made me happy because it shows that keeping my blood sugars in a good range is really helping my eyes - even if it does not completely cure them. I did speak to someone at the eye clinic some time ago who was having the injections every six weeks. Now that would be my ultimate nightmare.
That is really good news and a fantastic early Christmas present. Congratulations.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Letter from Consultant at eye clinic arrived today confirming that my eyes are stable and need no treatment for the Diabetic Macular Oedema and will not need to be reviewed for another 9 months.

What I was surprised to read in the letter was that the right eye was injected a year and a half ago and the left eye over six months ago. I hadn't realised that my eyes had been stable for so long. This has really made me happy because it shows that keeping my blood sugars in a good range is really helping my eyes - even if it does not completely cure them. I did speak to someone at the eye clinic some time ago who was having the injections every six weeks. Now that would be my ultimate nightmare.

That is great @Krystyna23040
Congratulations

t2035.gif

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon...it's been a challenging week relieved it's over (well nearly over) somehow I tweaked my back getting out of bed last week & it's been a nightmare since then...I had to cancel 2 appointments at the anti-coagulant clinic I wasn't sure I would be able to get out of it once I'd got there...I'm a little more active today and managed to get to my appointment & the chemist lots of deep heat purchased including one identical to a roll on deodorant excellent you can use it without getting it all over the place...I haven't done my FBG for a week pointless I know it will be sky high with the extra stress & pain my INR levels are...I am a little more mobile today as long as I walk slowly like Anne Widdicombe does slightly sideways...all prepared for Christmas food delivery tomorrow...keep safe everyone
Hug for the back problem. Winner for aiding social distancing with the smelly ointments, doing your bit. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon...it's been a challenging week relieved it's over (well nearly over) somehow I tweaked my back getting out of bed last week & it's been a nightmare since then...I had to cancel 2 appointments at the anti-coagulant clinic I wasn't sure I would be able to get out of it once I'd got there...I'm a little more active today and managed to get to my appointment & the chemist lots of deep heat purchased including one identical to a roll on deodorant excellent you can use it without getting it all over the place...I haven't done my FBG for a week pointless I know it will be sky high with the extra stress & pain my INR levels are...I am a little more mobile today as long as I walk slowly like Anne Widdicombe does slightly sideways...all prepared for Christmas food delivery tomorrow...keep safe everyone

Perhaps a soak in the bath might help...
t4101.gif

(couldn't find an emoji heat pad!)

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Great news. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First day of holiday for many, Cannock Chase is FULL where have all these people come from have they not got Christmas Shopping to do? 2021 is going to be hard on this 25square mile AONB what's the betting they close all car parks early in the year, watch this space.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Perhaps a soak in the bath might help...
I've been using a really Ibuprofen gel but that played havoc with my INR levels they were too high today...I have deep heat which is quite good & it stinks so it must be really good...I remember my mum used to use Goddards horse liniment back in the day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First day of holiday for many, Cannock Chase is FULL where have all these people come from have they not got Christmas Shopping to do? 2021 is going to be hard on this 25square mile AONB what's the betting they close all car parks early in the year, watch this space.
That is not good for Cannock Chase.
I still remember when it was always pretty much deserted at all times...

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been using a really Ibuprofen gel but that played havoc with my INR levels they were too high today...I have deep heat which is quite good & it stinks so it must be really good...I remember my mum used to use Goddards horse liniment back in the day.

I used to use Cows Udder Cream for lots of things.
I don't seem to be able to buy it round here, but I could when I lived in Ulverston...
It stopped arthritic pain.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to use Cows Udder Cream for lots of things.
I don't seem to be able to buy it round here, but I could when I lived in Ulverston...
It stopped arthritic pain.
I've found some at the Equestrian Store...but that seems to be shut until the Welsh First Minister decides to release us from the shackles of lockdown which might be at the end of January...