1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. RFSMarch

RFSMarch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Swipey 4.6 ➡️
    Must rouse myself to get the workout and knee-icing done before another long day of double-match-watching!
    Between BBC Breakfast and my local NextDoor app... you would think we were at the end of the world.

Ahhh but it is GLORIOUS BIN DAY and I am just learning a few choice words from the shouty man under my window...

Morning all! (Those were not the words he was using, by the way.....)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Fbg 6.7

Some Christmas cards arrived yesterday.
    The first one I opened had one line in it. Not Merry Christmas. Nor Christmas greetings.
    BUT in capital letters...
    "WE'VE HAD COVID!"

I dropped it immediately. Those words are still seared inside my forehead. Sanitised my hands. Got the tongs, and dropped the whole thing in the waste bin.

Went and washed my hands (I do anyway when I receive Mail). But this was like an infected message....

So, I thought an Angel was needed today...
    In Procreate...

C6B24873-8562-4224-BB05-EBB105496415.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. gennepher

Yes, my local NextDoor app has messages of doom and destruction, and the stupidity of people...very good source material for many novels...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

5.3 for me have a good day everyone

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  5. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It is Krystyna unfortunately this morning I can't find it...no doubt when I've hobbled about a little & cleared the debris it will make it's whereabouts known.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. HarryBeau

I've done that before so as a result I am more sparing with it...I purposefully did not buy the spray just the cream & the roll on

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. gennepher

Sounds like me at the moment...I put something down in this haphazard bungalow, and I never see it again...

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. HarryBeau

I know it's maddening isn't it...its in the kitchen somewhere which I have to de-clutter the online shopping is arriving this morning.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. HarryBeau

Morning...a reasonable sleep last night another small improvement with my back but still being careful...amazing how something that happens so quickly can take so long to rectify itself...no FBG for another couple of days with the painkillers & stress no point yet...I've missed so much on the thread will look through the posts later...more coffee needed...keep safe everyone

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morning and 6.2 for me today. Why it's gone back out of the 5s I have no idea looking at yesterday's carb intake.

Muddy Cycle ride which will clear my mind and chase away some aches and pains, will probably be the last before Christmas. Then no idea what the rest of the day will bring other than doing the finishing touches to my illustrated story and de-dusting the house.

Keep safe.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Hug Hug x 2
  11. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Morning all. Fbg of 4.5 twice 40 mins apart on Swipey so accurate or not it is consistent. Hug for the cyst issue and Judith's back? @JohnEGreen and in general for information overload consciously sought or otherwise which a few are finding vexatious. Very fine line between fingers in ears and caution fatigue. Wonderful bauble @geefull and equally wonderful fbg @RFSMarch. Enjoy your ride @Muddy Cyclist.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #37231 ianpspurs, Dec 22, 2020 at 7:42 AM
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  12. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Apparently we are all heading for Tier 4 which is fair enough under the circumstances. We hope it holds the rise in infections across the country.

I also hoped to just get some meds after speaking to the doctor yesterday am about a problem with nerve pain from a hamstring injury, but she insisted on me coming into the surgery today pm to get checked out...When you have had a number of health issues they want to be sure nothing else is going on, she asked a number of probing questions that indicated what she was thinking... but I think I am in perfect condition!:)

We British are breaking records...we now have the biggest lorry park on planet Earth, which makes one wonder if in some other Universe in a Multiverse of infinite possibilities there can be equally incompetent politicians having a number of policies that could have resulted in such a concatenation of c**kups?
    Perhaps its as likely as the turkey jumping out the oven, saying Happy Christmas and laying an egg.
    D.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. RFSMarch

RFSMarch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

hahahah right? I don't know what yours is like but mine is outraged motorists about cyclists or vice versa, and endless questions about when various supermarkets are open. You would think they could just ... you know... google that!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Why would anyone do that in a card, odd world.

Still it inspired a wonderful pre raphaelite angel from you, 'Let those that see Angels where others see spaces paint them' John Ruskin.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. JFWinstone

JFWinstone · Well-Known Member

FBG was 4.8 this morning after yet another rough nights sleep. Having my hormone injection today so the pain and dislocations should improve soon as they usually get worse in the run-up to an injection due to low levels.

Going to be making a no-bake keto cheesecake tomorrow from DD recipe to take to my mum's for pudding for Christmas day, just waiting for the almond flour and erythritol to arrive. I hope it works out as we all love cheesecake :) Still need to wrap the boyfriends Christmas presents, we set a £30 limit for each other this year as we're both skint which is great as it took the pressure off and we know that one won't get the other something way more expensive than the other can afford. Looking forward to spending time with my mum, we're both in Tier 3 but we're in her bubble. I won't be able to see my dad as he is Tier 4 in Kent and most of my family live in Swale which until recently was top in the country for infection rates :inpain: Thankfully I got to see him in September before things got bad there.

In a good mood today despite the lack of sleep :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  16. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

8.9 and resigning myself to numbers around this mark till I get my act together in the new year :rolleyes:.

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.4 this morning. Dogs walked at 6am. Aldi shopping done - the shelves were full and I we got everything on our list.
    Next stop is the farm shop to get milk and eggs. Don't we live an exciting life!!!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Krystyna23040

I think the roll on is such a good idea. There is no way you can overdo it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Krystyna23040

Yes - I totally agree that it is much more scary as so many more people will become infected.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  20. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

Fbg 4.9 this morning at about 8:30 AM.

Adrian shared this link the other day so I thought I would share it here if no one minds.

A rendition of the famous Christmas song, O Holy Night, by the Franciscan Capuchin Friars in Malta

• Winner Winner x 10
    #37240 JohnEGreen, Dec 22, 2020 at 9:44 AM
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook