What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.55am FBG 5.3
After yesterday's indulgence in Christmas pud and chocolates... incredible.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning - was 4.6 last night so I am very pleased with these numbers. Had a lovely day relaxing and meeting with daughters and their families on Zoom.
Another day of relaxing and reading and dog walks today. Although our local fen is just too muddy to walk through and the two nearby parks are waterlogged we are really lucky that there are so many lovely walks on tarmac paths around our village and into the local market town.
We are expecting high winds later, but nothing like as strong as the south of England.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well my fbg this morning was 5.2 though did not test till 9 AM.

Video chat with Adrian yesterday evening went well it seems they don't do turkey roast dinner or Christmas Pudding in Italy his Christmas dinner was Lasagna followed by Panettone no cream poor lad.

I did not eat as much as I thought I was going to but did have some Christmas pudding with brandy cream and a portion of Baileys Chocolate Yule Log mince pies remain untouched as does the Christmas cake I made still despite what the big boss says Christmas is not over yet.

Funnily enough Alexa did remind me this morning that it is also the feast of St. Stephan the first martyr today.

Again I am amazed by all the incredibly fine art posted.

One of my presents this year was a book "The Art of Sumi-E " by Naomi Okamoto it wont make me an artist but it is a good read with fine illustrations and examples.

May the rest of your Christmas be wonderful and as happy as you can make it.

Reactions: mojo37

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
That is truly incredible and makes no sense as it should have been much higher. Mine definitely would have been so I am really envious as I even said no to just one chocolate.
Am actually wondering if the meter is faulty. Both yesterday and today readings were much lower than expected.
We are having Indian food tonight, cannot turn down the offer of a home cooked meal delivered to the van. So again would expect highish BG tomorrow.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day in paradise in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel is on strike for the foreseeable future, certainly until that yule log burns down a bit more.

First video chat at 0645 yesterday with the ninky nonks and Litttle Miss Pamplemouse to share in the laughter and joy of opening presents. We chose to post our gifts to them last Monday so were pleased to see them under the tree. Another video chat at the better hour of 11am with remaining grandchildren as they opened their gifts and then at the designated jump off time of 1600 precisely, video chat with the ninky nonks again as we had a joined up Christmas lunch - fab. A pal in California called and then at 9pm a video call with youngest son for a chat and a wee dram. Turns out we both received the same Christmas whisky tasting set - So - “I will see your Santory 12 year old and raise you a Deanston 14 year old.” “I will see your Deanston 14 year old and raise you a Geln Allachie 15 year old.” - and so to bed.

I hope that everyone had a pleasant and peaceful day - a bit of a strange Christmas day but never mind, I didn’t manage to replenish my sock drawer but did get some very handy long sleeved t shirts and a few choice books.

Not much time for art yesterday but did manage a quick pen sketch in my little moleskin book for the ninky nonks. Time for koffy

View attachment 46481
I missed that post earlier in a fit of pique or howling at the moon over data not doing what it should. Your post (Whisky tasting section) sounds like a perfect riposte to the Bryan Adams line - oh yes it is - are pantomimes allowed this year? My reaction to the data made me look again at Warren Buffet. A few posts from people mystified by fbg the other way but 'ole Warren helped me here:
"In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run it is a weighing machine." Sad two days for cricket fans - especially Surrey followers . Death of John Edrich yesterday and Robin Jackman today. No mention of COVID in either from what I have read. Keep it real dudes.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh @gennepher ....

You have truly outdone yourself with such a lush array of emojis

Thank you for mine.

Enjoyed the dancing one. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Hope you too have the Christmas you'd wish for.
Lots of love from London ☃️
Yes she certainly has, brilliant emojis Gennepher and did I see lush as a description ...:)

lindisfel

Expert
We had a good chat with our grandson at York, unlike me, he is a real sporty guy and was talking at length about the misfortunes of his club, the Arsenal ...sorry Ian...and also about the new found success of his Grandma's club, Manchester United recently. This talking between them went on for some time, until I really showed my soft underbelly by saying I wished my club, Newcastle, would do better! :)
Mirth was forthcoming and disbelief, and questions as to who was their best players?I soon realised this was a branch of science I was out of my depth in cos the last player I remembered was Alan Shearer, and that the object of my loyalty was that Bobby Robson cancer centre who put my cancer in deep remission.
So I decided to lick my wounds.

It was good to hear him again, how they change and grow up.
D.

Reactions: dunelm

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8 yesterday only about 3 hrs sleep on an early shift but enjoyed the rest of the day ...which did involve eating far too much not a bad bg this morning though with 7.4 . Off to work shortly hope you all enjoy the rest of boxing day :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a good chat with our grandson at York, unlike me, he is a real sporty guy and was talking at length about the misfortunes of his club, the Arsenal ...sorry Ian...and also about the new found success of his Grandma's club, Manchester United recently. This talking between them went on for some time, until I really showed my soft underbelly by saying I wished my club, Newcastle, would do better! :)
Mirth was forthcoming and disbelief, and questions as to who was their best players?I soon realised this was a branch of science I was out of my depth in cos the last player I remembered was Alan Shearer, and that the object of my loyalty was that Bobby Robson cancer centre who put my cancer in deep remission.

D.
I hear on the grapevine that Leeds palyers are being injected with essence of Billy Bremner

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

D.
Sounds like a great conversation. Bobby Robson was a good un and and that centre did a great job on you - and, I would imagine, many others. Never be worried about sharing the misfortunes of that lot down the road or the chagrin of their supporters. Oddly, I quite like that,:angelic:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Am actually wondering if the meter is faulty. Both yesterday and today readings were much lower than expected.
We are having Indian food tonight, cannot turn down the offer of a home cooked meal delivered to the van. So again would e left highish BG tomorrow.
Actually - what I have found with my meter is that it is always right when the reading is lower than I expected - but it is always (without exception) wrong and of course faulty when my reading is higher than expected.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull a very fine floral drawing from yourself, would expect no less. Lovely flowers we have a garden full of them sucha joy this time of year although ours flowered through all of this year, very strange.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm Ninky Nonk art,why not, always doing it for my grandaughters, do like that leaf on bottom left, lesser gnome variety of plant?

Reactions: jjraak