What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a lovely Zoom catch up with daughter and grandchildren this morning. Later on will have a Zoom catch up with daughter and family in Canada.

We have slow roasted shoulder of lamb and aubergines and tomatoes for Christmas dinner, plus strawberries and cream for desert.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My fbg this morning was 5.6 before dinner was 4.4 now God alone Knows and I'm not sure I want to find out.

Keiran cooked Christmas dinner myself and his Nan didn't have to do owt but eat it and very delicious it was too.

"
The gifts I’d leave beneath your tree,
Aren’t those that you can touch or see,
No toys meant just for pointless play,
But gifts to bless you every day.
The gift of friendship warm and true,
Is one that I would leave for you.
Good health and happiness and cheer
To keep you smiling through the year.
The gift of peace that comes from God,
With prayer to guide each path you trod.
And when your heart has lost its song
The gift of hope to cheer you on.
These are the gifts I’d leave for you."

Kay Hoffman

Happy Christmas every one

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Seasons Greetings all :)

4.8 today

ironically it's a bit warmer here today than yesterday on this 'White Christmas' ;)

Christmas dinner was well received and the Christmas pudding truffles with the coffee were a great success, not very big but very rich :D

We count ourselves very fortunate today to be able to be Mum's support bubble :)

Hope your day is the best of everything it could be under the circumstances :)

@gennepher - a stunning painting, you've managed to get so much light into it :joyful: and thank you for your kind greeting :)

@dunelm - your Xmas tree is a cut above ;) very festive.

@SlimLizzy - what a lovely sunrise, I do hope you're managing to be a bit warmer now :sorry:

art bit -
More helebores, I like their delicate colours, I have made a pen and watercolour drawing of some before but I found the pen lines a bit too heavy when I looked back at it, so I had another go with watercolour (and a touch of gel pen).

upload_2020-12-25_19-31-45.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hi all,
Happy Christmas, hope you are warm and safe today.
My MrSlim has worked a miracle and got the heating going. HOORAY!
We are invited for lunch with our hosts, it would be bad manners to refuse. Lunch was Roast beef and pulled pork with vegetables. We took wine. Children are playing Monopoly oldest and youngest creating cakes with playdoh. Altogether a lively occasion.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@gennepher - a stunning painting, you've managed to get so much light into it :joyful: and thank you for your kind greeting :)

art bit -
More helebores, I like their delicate colours, I have made a pen and watercolour drawing of some before but I found the pen lines a bit too heavy when I looked back at it, so I had another go with watercolour (and a touch of gel pen).

View attachment 46471

Thank you @geefull

I save my old black drawing pens, they have gone somewhat faded, and I use these for drawing the more delicate flower lines when I don't want a solid new black pen type of line!

These hellebores are beautiful and delicate.
They are gorgeous!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. So, my fbg was 5.4 on Swipey - very disappointing being a Swipey reading and I eschewed so much yesterday. Seen through that lens yesterday was a majestic classic played on a kazoo compared to the full symphony orchestra and choir my mind imagined a few "naughties" would have yielded. Then, "bosh" today's poem is this and so much falls into place. Perfect contrast between Milton yesterday and this - the elite vs the JAM (although Bauckham is a renowned NT scholar); the "highs - in both senses - of Christmas meals past and LC versions; Christmas day itself vs Boxing day; Advent hope versus here and now - Tier 4, cold and dark! (Incidentally, how did I get to 65.5 and not know/learn how marginalised Shepherds were in the society Jesus was born into, therefore making that hugely significant, until today?) If this post were from anyone else I'd say don't beat yourself up that reading and the effort is all you can do. I implore people not to take that tack or give hugs - I don't operate that way. Horses for courses. I'll pray and think this one out - Luke 11.11
Have a great day folks.
Edit: Who forgot to acknowledge The Feast of Stephen then?:banghead:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I promised myself two days off the vampire collector. But I just had to take a reading this morning...oops. I did eat something late which I know doesn't work for me...and it didn't. But I am not telling you!!!!

Hopefully I will be normal tomorrow...the Fbg reading that is!

Painting for today. Source material was a 70 years old postcard on Swallow Falls, Betws-y-Coed. The background was full of trees. So, I substituted this sky instead of the boring green trees...

I have been there many times. It is magical, especially the Fairy Glen.

In Procreate app.

4F8C2A00-B064-4093-A774-0200743D3F61.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.8 today

ironically it's a bit warmer here today than yesterday on this 'White Christmas' ;)

Christmas dinner was well received and the Christmas pudding truffles with the coffee were a great success, not very big but very rich :D

We count ourselves very fortunate today to be able to be Mum's support bubble :)

Hope your day is the best of everything it could be under the circumstances :)

@dunelm - your Xmas tree is a cut above ;) very festive.

@SlimLizzy - what a lovely sunrise, I do hope you're managing to be a bit warmer now :sorry:

art bit -

View attachment 46471
Thank you @geefull. A very delicate and pleasing set of hellebores from you

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I promised myself two days off the vampire collector. But I just had to take a reading this morning...oops. I did eat something late which I know doesn't work for me...and it didn't. But I am not telling you!!!!

Hopefully I will be normal tomorrow...the Fbg reading that is!

Painting for today. Source material was a 70 years old postcard on Swallow Falls, Betws-y-Coed. The background was full of trees. So, I substituted this sky instead of the boring green trees...

I have been there many times. It is magical, especially the Fairy Glen.

In Procreate app.

View attachment 46480
Good call with the background, really opens it up to the light and gives texture.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
6.6 this am.
I must have pushed the boat out! :)

It was that very tasty Lidl 24 month special Christmas pudding with lashings of very highly enhanced rum sauce.
Do I feel guilty? You bet I don't....:) :) :)
As the 'Sparrow' sang....no regret.
Have a good day all of you, I hope you have been ok in all the rain, Ian?
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day in paradise in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel is on strike for the foreseeable future, certainly until that yule log burns down a bit more.

First video chat at 0645 yesterday with the ninky nonks and Litttle Miss Pamplemouse to share in the laughter and joy of opening presents. We chose to post our gifts to them last Monday so were pleased to see them under the tree. Another video chat at the better hour of 11am with remaining grandchildren as they opened their gifts and then at the designated jump off time of 1600 precisely, video chat with the ninky nonks again as we had a joined up Christmas lunch - fab. A pal in California called and then at 9pm a video call with youngest son for a chat and a wee dram. Turns out we both received the same Christmas whisky tasting set - So - “I will see your Santory 12 year old and raise you a Deanston 14 year old.” “I will see your Deanston 14 year old and raise you a Geln Allachie 15 year old.” - and so to bed.

I hope that everyone had a pleasant and peaceful day - a bit of a strange Christmas day but never mind, I didn’t manage to replenish my sock drawer but did get some very handy long sleeved t shirts and a few choice books.

Not much time for art yesterday but did manage a quick pen sketch in my little moleskin book for the ninky nonks. Time for koffy

upload_2020-12-26_8-33-8.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this am.
I must have pushed the boat out! :)

It was that very tasty Lidl 24 month special Christmas pudding with lashings of very highly enhanced rum sauce.
Do I feel guilty? You bet I don't....:) :) :)
As the 'Sparrow' sang....no regret.
Have a good day all of you, I hope you have been ok in all the rain, Ian?
D.
Hi Derek. Lidl pudding and cream sounds the perfect course and distance winner for you - well I am basically in Newmarket. As for the rain it seems to have so far caused more issues where we previously lived. The washes failing to contain the water. You and Stormin Norman Lamont fans of the "Sparrow" - do watch the company you keep, old chap:angelic:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today,I blame the hristmas cake my son made. :)

Meeting daighter and youngest grandaughter for a walk today to see youngest ride her new bike and swap presents. We are still in Tier 3 and so can meet outside.

Keep safe, make the best of Boxing Day you are allowed.

Reactions: mojo37