What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7
This was at 1:30 am when I got up...
I have been stargazing in the snow with a coffee. Watching Betelgeuse....in the early dark hours...
Writing postcards.
Painting my digital painting in Procreate.
Now I just need a quick nap before I go and post them...
View attachment 46959
Thank I am glad you like my winter heathland. Thank for the information regarding Welsh Gantry Signs and if it helps keep our English crazy Wales is local would be rule ignorers out of Wales then all is good in my book.

Another good Heavenly Painting from you today. I am enjoying seeing your imagination at work a good series of work.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who doubt their sanity, me and me's sanity is beyond question.

A straight 6 this morning, that meter is playing nicely which is worrying.

The BBC'S work of doom, gloom and despondency ie the news should be forced to fund mental health charities or review the stance they take on reporting. Just a thought.

Must go and cause merriment elsewhere, have a great day all.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 for me today. I thing the result of Nice Baked Sea Bass in garlic, black pepper, Italian herbs and wine and some veg thrown in a Wok, probably could have got better numbers had I not succumbed to cheese and a biscuit later in the evening.

Snowhere again and some very cold days forecast. No Muddy Cycle ride as my Oxford Covid Jab arm is feeling a tad tender from shoulder to finger tips and burning inside the whole length.

Failed on music recording front yesterday so more effort today, deadline approaches.

Keep safe and make the most of your day.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Really windy but no rain here.

Archie is definitely back to normal for Archie. Had a chat with our vet yesterday as I had been thinking that I would like him to stay on the pills that helped him get over his stroke. She said that they don't guarantee that he won't have another one but will give him some protection. They also protect against cognitive decline in older dogs. Was so pleased she agreed he could stay on them as he is so happy to be back to normal and I would hate for him to have a relapse.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This could have left me up 's' creek if I hadn't looked in.

I am upset over this and the so called 'missed' appointment.
Thank goodness you saw this. It looks like a major failure of your surgery's notification system. I would also have been upset and really angry. I do hope they sort this out.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank goodness you saw this. It looks like a major failure of your surgery's notification system. I would also have been upset and really angry. I do hope they sort this out.

Thank you @Krystyna23040
I will see what excuse they come up with tomorrow.

I also wonder about the Covid jab. Who notifies me? Where does the notification come from?

They have obviously started the Covid jabs in Wales, because each time I drive past the Rainbow hospital (it is now a Covid jab centre), there are queues of people going in there with their cars. The notice outside says by appointment only.

I am glad Archie is doing amazingly.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 for me today. I thing the result of Nice Baked Sea Bass in garlic, black pepper, Italian herbs and wine and some veg thrown in a Wok, probably could have got better numbers had I not succumbed to cheese and a biscuit later in the evening.

Snowhere again and some very cold days forecast. No Muddy Cycle ride as my Oxford Covid Jab arm is feeling a tad tender from shoulder to finger tips and burning inside the whole length.

Failed on music recording front yesterday so more effort today, deadline approaches.

Keep safe and make the most of your day.
Winner for fbg but disguising a hug for the jab pain/discomfort. Good to know you had it in an orderly manner and be prepared for discomfort when it is our turn. Let's hope Kath's follows in short order. Nurse that arm today and maybe play the sympathy card for just a little extra TLC - because you're worth it:angelic:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Let's hope Kath's follows in short order. Nurse that arm today and maybe play the sympathy card for just a little extra TLC
Believe you me I have become an expert in this skill. :)

Discomfort not unbearable just not expected and I could cope on a bike ride but seems pointless agrivating things so staying home.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's watercolour, second in my heathland paintings.

A4 about 45 minutes, very rushed I should have spent longer so not the result I had in my mind. One for the growing pile of discarded paintings. :)

IMG_4376.JPG