What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 for me today.

Tesco day, I have been shopping once a fortnight to try and cut down shop visits but I'm not sure if it helps as I am exposed in store longer, may go back to weekly.

Then Mrs MC is off to Docs to have her stitches out.

Art and music as today is cold outside.

Keep safe.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have Neanderthal genes, now, now, you mustn't discriminate.

A 6.1 this morning don't expect me and me's to say anything about that meter.

Yesterday morning was a bit too active blood sugars at lunchtime were a 3.7 so more calculations and tealeaf or rather tea bag reading in a few minutes to determine my insulin dosage this morning.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers whatever your plans are today keep them simple and enjoyable. Lots of chatter about domestic chores this morning, Mrs J has an iron or two, I think the technical terms is smoothing iron, me and me's have a smoothing plane does that count?

Stay well, stay safe and don't run out of stay's.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.4 for me today.

Tesco day, I have been shopping once a fortnight to try and cut down shop visits but I'm not sure if it helps as I am exposed in store longer, may go back to weekly.

Then Mrs MC is off to Docs to have her stitches out.

Art and music as today is cold outside.

Keep safe.
I try to do several short visits @Muddy Cyclist
I feel safer that way.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on another quiet start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of baked vegetables in a tomato sauce a la memories of Istanbul (not Constantinople) came in at 4.8 this am

What a brilliant day yesterday. Icy cold, cirrostratus diffracting the light, haloing the sun. Then in the afternoon, an hour with my mother on a video call. She is going into hospital today - hip replacement tomorrow. Parents have been booked in for Covid jabs - so there are jabs available in France after all - and for over 80’s despite what that midget in Paris may say.

@gennepher - Burns Night supper this year played havoc with my fbs this year so good luck. Good observation of trees and a very good water colour from you - I do like your style of painting.
@jjraak - what a good day, tiny steps - all good.
@gennepher - super waterfall behind that well observed blossom. I don’t know how you do it on such a small screen. Yes, I have seen that Zhang Daqian video, no wonder he is one of China’s favorite artists.

Final tree today - unless of course I decide to do another one - I never really know what takes my fancy. Should we say rabbits or white rabbits or not rabbits at all. Have a wonderful day if you can. I am starting with koffy.

View attachment 47171

Thank you @dunelm
It is easier than you think on a small screen.

I like your tree. It is almost like a waterfall within that aged tree trunk...

Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the artwork already shared @gennepher, @dunelm and yesterdays's @geefull. I'll thank you in advance @Muddy Cyclist and I hope your shopping trip goes/has gone well. I/we are sticking/plan to stick to home delivery. In my case until I have had 2 injections - Julie may not be so cautious. Good progress on mobility @jjraak and I hope your mother's hip replacement goes well Dunelm. 91 yo MIL has had both hip replacements replaced and a knee replaced in the last 5/6 years. She recovered well and quickly in each case. It helped that we had a bungalow in which she could convalesce but the speed of recovery amazed me.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It took 4 years but we finally used these up. Also watching Quadrophenia for the first time. You can't rush these things.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A strange day. However managed to get a walk in along some Beech Tree Avenues and do a couple of Plein Sir Sketches. I have been asked to paint a Spring Beech Tree Avenue, detailed. Not sure which way to go with this, needs to be portrait for the commission. So some pencil sketches today.

I have painted a background wash ready but not interesting enough to post yet...

IMG_4448.JPG

IMG_4449.JPG

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.1 this morning

I expected worse after the haggis ;) T2D is a constant mystery puzzle.

Feels cold today and we had snow this morning although not too heavy a shower. We got a phone call to pick up mr gee's repaired specs. this morning so he is quite cheered. Especially so since the assistant who does the ordering had discovered it was only a little more expensive to buy a whole frame than it was to buy the bit to do the repair so she took an executive decision and went ahead so he now has his lenses in a new frame :joyful:

On the down side we discovered that we can only make an appointment by phone :p

Lovely but cold village walk today, sweeping clouds and snow on the far hills in the sunshine.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - ooh that looks good, I've still got a big supply of dark dark chocolate to get through first though :D

@gennepher - hope you enjoyed the warmth, I was tempted I'll admit :D
that's a very large brush to be splashing ink with ;)
an impressive pared down waterfall and lovely plum blossom in your painting today :)

@dunelm - hope Mum's op. went well and recovery is smooth :)
I like your tree today very much, the bark texture is especially well rendered :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Two good plein air sketches I especially like the second one. A spring beech avenue sounds like it will make an interesting painting, if a bit detailed :) (and a bit daunting to me, I'm inclined to fiddle with detail ;))

art bit -
having another go with the resist, tying to get a handle on using it and not destroying the paper surface

upload_2021-2-1_18-11-41.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A strange day. However managed to get a walk in along some Beech Tree Avenues and do a couple of Plein Sir Sketches. I have been asked to paint a Spring Beech Tree Avenue, detailed. Not sure which way to go with this, needs to be portrait for the commission. So some pencil sketches today.

I have painted a background wash ready but not interesting enough to post yet...

View attachment 47174
View attachment 47175
I like both of these sketches @Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.1 this morning

I expected worse after the haggis ;) T2D is a constant mystery puzzle.

Feels cold today and we had snow this morning although not too heavy a shower. We got a phone call to pick up mr gee's repaired specs. this morning so he is quite cheered. Especially so since the assistant who does the ordering had discovered it was only a little more expensive to buy a whole frame than it was to buy the bit to do the repair so she took an executive decision and went ahead so he now has his lenses in a new frame :joyful:

On the down side we discovered that we can only make an appointment by phone :p

Lovely but cold village walk today, sweeping clouds and snow on the far hills in the sunshine.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - ooh that looks good, I've still got a big supply of dark dark chocolate to get through first though :D

@gennepher - hope you enjoyed the warmth, I was tempted I'll admit :D
that's a very large brush to be splashing ink with ;)
an impressive pared down waterfall and lovely plum blossom in your painting today :)

@dunelm - hope Mum's op. went well and recovery is smooth :)
I like your tree today very much, the bark texture is especially well rendered :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Two good plein air sketches I especially like the second one. A spring beech avenue sounds like it will make an interesting painting, if a bit detailed :) (and a bit daunting to me, I'm inclined to fiddle with detail ;))

art bit -
having another go with the resist, tying to get a handle on using it and not destroying the paper surface

View attachment 47177

Thank you @geefull
I did enjoy the warmth!
I imagine that large brush might cost a wee little bit!

I like your painting very much, and your use of the resist.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know what is up with sleeping. For two nights running these are like the nights of a thousand years. Time is playing games and is stretching and stretching. I am not particularly worried about anything. I have been in the garden both days before bedtime for a bit. It would be lovely to go to bed and wake up 8 hours later...

Just having a glass of water, then trying again...

Oh, and yesterday there was a post online in the local next door site saying that there were people not turning up for their Covid vaccination appointments at the local Rainbow hospital, and to ring this number and you would be put on a list. It was for over 70's. And you could be given an appointment to attend within a couple of hours to fill in for a missed appointment. It seemed odd. Anyway, I checked it out just now to see if there had been any responses to the post. But the post has been removed. Was it a scam?

UPDATE EDIT
Found out what it was.
I was a bit slow there.
Apparently it was thieves, getting you out of the house for a specific time. They were targeting the over 70's.
So, this was a 'good' way to get an older person out of the house for a specific time frame, that only the thieves knew.
So, be very aware.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening All

No time, just off to get blood tests done, serious and not so serious, liver function, diabetic, well man and lastly warfarin all organised for the only 2 special shielding appointments that they have a day at my local GP'so.

Bloods this morning 7.1 well within my range.

Me and me's hope all goes well for @dunelm 's mum and you all have a great day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone, it’s all sleet, rain, sleet rain here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken supper came in at 4.8 this am

Another very cold yet fine day yesterday but it looks like rations have now run out for the time being. Should have panic bought another few days worth.

@Muddy Cyclist - Interesting plein air sketches and looking forward to seeing the Beech tree avenue.
@geefull - thank you for your kind comments. Interesting, effective use of resist in your painting. I have not explored that method.
@gennepher - sorry to read that you are not sleeping too well but another well described study of blossom from you on that fine old branch.
@alf_Josiah - thank you and good luck at the vampire klinik - only half an arm by the sounds of it.

Another tree today - white rice paper - I may need to order some more. Hope everyone has a pleasant pre-bin day. Koffy time.

upload_2021-2-2_8-15-33.jpeg