What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
I was never into irony,
I had a mother and then a wife.

I nearly got crowned when I first was married nearly 60 years ago!
I was rushing for work and I said to the duchess, "cup a tea mum!"
There was a sharp......"I'm not your mother!":)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher this is the very easy to use booking system used by our local surgeries. Hopefully it is also being used by Wales.
COVID Vaccine Booking Programme.
Today we started using a new Covid Vaccine Booking Programme called Accubook. Once your age/priority group becomes eligible, Accubook should make it easy for you to book in for your covid vaccination. Please note the following:
· The system will send a text to the the mobile number held by your surgery, inviting you to book into our next available clinic. Once you receive the text, you can book a date and time via the link in the text message.
· If we don’t have your mobile number on your contact details at your surgery, or your number is invalid for any reason, you will still get called by our booking team.
· If you have received a text invite but are struggling to book your appointment, your internet browser might ask you to 'accept cookies', click accept and try again. If you still have problems then please contact our reception team who will be happy to help.
· If you have booked an appointment but then would like to cancel, you can do so via the text message you received.
· If you do not respond to the invitation after 24 hours, then a new text invitation will be sent as a reminder after 48 hours.
We are currently inviting our 70 year old or over patients. Please DO NOT call the surgery to book your appointment. You will be contacted in due course.

Thanks for your reply @Krystyna23040
It doesn't appear Accubook is used In Wales.
I have checked on the Welsh government site and it appears that it is either 'a telephone call or a letter'.
I give everyone my mobile number anyway, and ask that it is text only as I am deaf. But rarely is that followed. And if a number is withheld, I am unable to get a friend to ring back on my behalf.
I shall have to see...
Thanks.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.4 today

freezing cold here today (literally ;) ), we had our 'Burns night' haggis dinner today so who knows what tomorrow's fbg will be :sorry:

Mum is a Scot who moved back 'home' when she and FIL retired (40+ years ago now), so it's an annual event at least. We don't often have haggis as the main part of the meal though we do use it to stuff chicken breasts. Haggis was a bit of shock to my system when I first got married being from Yorkshire myself :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - two striking tree studies, the bark in both pictures is very well painted :)

Oh ironing! I ironed lots of shirts for a lot of years when mr gee and I were both working and I still can't get them like Mum, she had a job at a local laundry when she left school and it takes her no time at all to do and they look as if they have just come out of the wrapping :hilarious:

@gennepher - a stylish, lively rendition of bamboo and plum blossom, the 3D effect of the bamboo is well created indeed and I like your waterfall, nice colours :)

I hope when your practice gets round to the vaccine for you they have got a good system in place.

@lindisfel - lovely photo :joyful:

@Muddy Cyclist - Kudos for preparedness :)

I do like your pollarded willows, very impressive tree study and I especially like the silhouette of the tree in the background, it's really added depth :) your trees always look well rooted and grounded in their landscape.

art bit -
no 1 - a quick sketch of trees done with pen whilst Mum was collecting her medications on Friday

upload_2021-1-31_18-14-43.jpeg

no 2 -
this was done from a photo I saw on the internet,

upload_2021-1-31_18-13-15.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon.

a 7.4, ,,mmhh meds, sleep, who knows

been a good day today.

walking boot off, right ankle strapped up.

first tentative steps unaided.

Went well.:D

plan is to do more today / tomorrow.
and MAYBE weather permitting, get out for a walk tomorrow.

so a GOOD day from me.

hope all yours have some goodness in.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

freezing cold here today (literally ;) ), we had our 'Burns night' haggis dinner today so who knows what tomorrow's fbg will be :sorry:

Mum is a Scot who moved back 'home' when she and FIL retired (40+ years ago now), so it's an annual event at least. We don't often have haggis as the main part of the meal though we do use it to stuff chicken breasts. Haggis was a bit of shock to my system when I first got married being from Yorkshire myself :D

@dunelm - two striking tree studies, the bark in both pictures is very well painted :)

Oh ironing! I ironed lots of shirts for a lot of years when mr gee and I were both working and I still can't get them like Mum, she had a job at a local laundry when she left school and it takes her no time at all to do and they look as if they have just come out of the wrapping :hilarious:

@gennepher - a stylish, lively rendition of bamboo and plum blossom, the 3D effect of the bamboo is well created indeed and I like your waterfall, nice colours :)

I hope when your practice gets round to the vaccine for you they have got a good system in place.

I do like your pollarded willows, very impressive tree study and I especially like the silhouette of the tree in the background, it's really added depth :) your trees always look well rooted and grounded in their landscape.

art bit -
no 1 - a quick sketch of trees done with pen whilst Mum was collecting her medications on Friday

View attachment 47167

no 2 -

View attachment 47166

Liking that last pic...very nice.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your reply @Krystyna23040
It doesn't appear Accubook is used In Wales.
I have checked on the Welsh government site and it appears that it is either 'a telephone call or a letter'.
I give everyone my mobile number anyway, and ask that it is text only as I am deaf. But rarely is that followed. And if a number is withheld, I am unable to get a friend to ring back on my behalf.
I shall have to see...
Thanks.
I do hope that the Welsh system works well for you. They have only just started using the accubook system here in my part of Norfolk so hopefully they will start to use it in Wales soon as it is so easy to use.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap, I am always loading, unloading washing machine and ironing. We are either very clean people or extremely mucky, never sure which. :)
I am very impressed with your washing and ironing skills. Mr K is really good at ironing also. I avoid ironing whenever possible. Actually , that's not true - I must confess I never iron.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon.

a 7.4, ,,mmhh meds, sleep, who knows

been a good day today.

walking boot off, right ankle strapped up.

first tentative steps unaided.

Went well.:D

plan is to do more today / tomorrow.
and MAYBE weather permitting, get out for a walk tomorrow.

so a GOOD day from me.

hope all yours have some goodness in.
You are doing really well - I agree that it is a really good day for you today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome February - new baby P booked in for 15th. Next 6 weeks usually the worst weather of the winter in The Fens ™ (on the edge here). Three of my four pillars are undergoing repairs as they are unstable. Scaffolders in today. Sharp intake of breath. "It'll cost you guv. I would never have started such a big job in a week like this mate but you're the boss. Looks like all the weight will be supported on the one sound column. Whole thing might collapse" Candlemas tomorrow so a good good sign IMHO. For those that know Seamus Heaney's poetry, I'm cleaning my kaleidoscope per Station Island X1 . Thanks due to Malcolm Guite as a means of sharing God's Grace through that. Fbg of 4.9 via Swipey - acid deposition the builder reckons. Give it beans chaps and chapesses.

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-1_6-23-41.png
    upload_2021-2-1_6-23-41.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do hope that the Welsh system works well for you. They have only just started using the accubook system here in my part of Norfolk so hopefully they will start to use it in Wales soon as it is so easy to use.
Thanks @Krystyna23040
Yes, you need a system (in everything), that is flexible and enables a communication system that will work for all disabilities.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

art bit -

View attachment 47167

no 2 -

View attachment 47166
Thank you @geefull
For the painting compliments
And for a good communication system to be in place

I love the sketch of the trees. Well observed. I should do more observational studies, it would help me, but I have an aversion to it. Maybe one day!

The painting is fantastic. I love every aspect of it, especially those amazing clouds!

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

On my small phone screen again in iPainter is digital painting for today.

For some reason I slept badly last night. No apparent reason. I had intended to go out this morning, but I won't now. I just want to enjoy the cosiness of my bed this morning, and cat wholeheartedly agrees.

2C1A73B4-4BE3-467C-ABBD-201E02F29A89.jpeg

I was watching YouTube yesterday of Zhang Daqian yesterday. And how he painted.It's about 45 mins. His initial brush is massive. The video is rather too long for me, and I fast forwarded quite a few bits. I am sure you used to be able to run the videos at 3x the speed? I need to check that later.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Am not looking forward to the morning walk. It cold, damp and will definitely be very muddy in the park. My boots will need an application of dubbin (I think that's how you spell it) this week.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another quiet start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of baked vegetables in a tomato sauce a la memories of Istanbul (not Constantinople) came in at 4.8 this am

What a brilliant day yesterday. Icy cold, cirrostratus diffracting the light, haloing the sun. Then in the afternoon, an hour with my mother on a video call. She is going into hospital today - hip replacement tomorrow. Parents have been booked in for Covid jabs - so there are jabs available in France after all - and for over 80’s despite what that midget in Paris may say.

@gennepher - Burns Night supper this year played havoc with my fbs this year so good luck. Good observation of trees and a very good water colour from you - I do like your style of painting.
@jjraak - what a good day, tiny steps - all good.
@gennepher - super waterfall behind that well observed blossom. I don’t know how you do it on such a small screen. Yes, I have seen that Zhang Daqian video, no wonder he is one of China’s favorite artists.

Final tree today - unless of course I decide to do another one - I never really know what takes my fancy. Should we say rabbits or white rabbits or not rabbits at all. Have a wonderful day if you can. I am starting with koffy.

upload_2021-2-1_7-39-35.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

art bit -

View attachment 47167

no 2 -

View attachment 47166
Thank you for liking my well rooted tree. :)

Nice Plein Air sketch and a fine sea scape, those wave breaks always make such good subjects and you have captured the light you get across the sea, nice painting.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another quiet start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of baked vegetables in a tomato sauce a la memories of Istanbul (not Constantinople) came in at 4.8 this am

What a brilliant day yesterday. Icy cold, cirrostratus diffracting the light, haloing the sun. Then in the afternoon, an hour with my mother on a video call. She is going into hospital today - hip replacement tomorrow. Parents have been booked in for Covid jabs - so there are jabs available in France after all - and for over 80’s despite what that midget in Paris may say.

@gennepher - Burns Night supper this year played havoc with my fbs this year so good luck. Good observation of trees and a very good water colour from you - I do like your style of painting.
@jjraak - what a good day, tiny steps - all good.
@gennepher - super waterfall behind that well observed blossom. I don’t know how you do it on such a small screen. Yes, I have seen that Zhang Daqian video, no wonder he is one of China’s favorite artists.

Final tree today - unless of course I decide to do another one - I never really know what takes my fancy. Should we say rabbits or white rabbits or not rabbits at all. Have a wonderful day if you can. I am starting with koffy.

View attachment 47171
Good news re French Connection Covid jabs and I hope all goes well for mom.

Lie the tree it is like a landscape in its own right whilst obviously a tree, hope you find the time to produce another today.

Reactions: dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

On my small phone screen again in iPainter is digital painting for today.

For some reason I slept badly last night. No apparent reason. I had intended to go out this morning, but I won't now. I just want to enjoy the cosiness of my bed this morning, and cat wholeheartedly agrees.

View attachment 47170
I was watching YouTube yesterday of Zhang Daqian yesterday. And how he painted.It's about 45 mins. His initial brush is massive. The video is rather too long for me, and I fast forwarded quite a few bits. I am sure you used to be able to run the videos at 3x the speed? I need to check that later.
A good waterfall and again small screen work, nice.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm