What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to Sunday. Today would have been my mum's birthday which she always claimed marked the real start of spring. Weather here is leaving the suburbs of sub-optimal and heading towards the long vacc . I don't want to contemplate returning to SO Towers in Michaelmas term, thanks. 5.1 on Swipey. Sub-optimal but not off the leash - just barking at passers by.:angelic: Return to my homeland today to check on 91 yo MIL who is moving here tomorrow - 5 mins walk away. I will put flowers on my parents grave and tidy up generally. Their grave is next to my uncle and 10 yards from 1 set of grandparents and great grandparents. Mixed emotions (one year there was a beautiful clarinet rendition of Annie's song from a nearby bedroom - very moving) obviously not helped by having to use a pair of the gazillions of pork chops from the half pig I decided was essential to survival in Lockdown 1. How does one make eating a pork chop a pleasant experience? Salad should help. I have no idea about film stars - could Ben Stokes play me? Enjoy your day.

Went with a hug, no matter how old we are, these days are still poignant.
Perhaps and being morbid slightly more so, as we realise our own mortality

So a manly hug, a sit down to a beer & a few chasers, at the thread Bar.
just reminiscing and telling stories of days gone by.

photo-1485686531765-ba63b07845a7

The bars new so the 'Committee Unlimited Relaxation & Enjoyment' (C.U.R.E.)
have a suggestion box for suitable names.
answers on a Postcard please to PO box 5.0 Danno drive., McGarrer Plains, Wannabethere..

As for choice..why not.
if you feel he might do you justice in looks/attitudes/character.
casting don't start for a few years so plenty of time to change your mind..;):D

Have a relaxing day

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Today is hopefully a roast with mediterranean vegetables or more likely cold tongue pie, me and me's find keeping in Mrs J's good books a pointless challenge.

A young 5.3 this morning on that scheming meter.

Some strange topics this morning, but it is good to read that @jjraak is still making slow progress, slow but progress. @BRSBRI good luck with your freedom, tomorrow or today, @ianpspurs a hug, sometimes we just have to accept the cards we are dealt in the game of life and play.

Here in Tilehurst Towers the days are being counted till I can get out on my motorbike.
Remember avoid the morons and media.

haha..had to amend emoji..i thought cold tongue pie was a euphemism for keeping stumm, my bad

cheers for support, much appreciated

Good luck on counting days to the great escape..

to paraphrase Sean Bean ( GoT )

images

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's dinner time on my last night of confinement. My final Covid test has just come back negative...yay! And at 00.01 I get the text and RFID scanner code...very efficient...I hope

I'm ordering up seafood soup, Japanese katsudon pork chop, greens and salad...with a ½ bottle of chilled Riesling.

It's a rainy night and quite chilly compared to the steam bath of the last week anyway.

Early to bed for me as I'm out and about doing my schtuff tomorrow in a controlled sorta way ;)

Happy Sunday one and all

View attachment 48242

Great pic :D

and best of luck on your independence day

Ps, if test in any way compromised,
do video the abseil down outside of building.;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Earlier in the musical her hair is less formal, and that was the image I was thinking of when she looked a bit more wild. I don't have my video any more of it. I had no idea of the words years ago, but visually the musical resonated with me, and because I did used to play alone on those moors @jjraak
I still have the image in my mind of a painting I did of myself many years ago...painting is long gone...

a good choice @gennepher .
does flesh out the person, rather nicely.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to hear you are still progressing well and helping out where and when you can.

As for actors I would have to be portrait by Clint Eastwood or if he is not available Harrison Ford.

Cool picks.

"A Fist full of Lancets"
or his
"every which way but Glucose"

phase..?

and ford...mmhh

does that make Mrs MC short round
or the Wookie...?

:woot::wacky:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Billy Connolly in his younger years as I was rough diamond in the mists of time...Missus likely to be Joanna Lumley as she's quaite posh but with a devil of a sense of humour...

Ah the Big Yin...good pick
( the pee pants, still makes me chuckle..)
fyi, Pamela Stephenson posts on twitter re billy, another recent jabbee)

and the Lumley. Delightful lady.
absolutely fabulous. what's not to like

and a wicked sense of humour.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Does sound very James Bond....

Going in under the radar, evading the deadly virus circulated by the evil SPECTRE, then popping up clearly visible, playing roulette/poker with Dr No. Getting captured, but then escaping the duck infested waters,
and thwarting his evil plot of WORLD DOMINATION before Dame Judy sends a chopper your way,
for a leisurely flight home to Mish Moneypenny.

But gave a big chuckle for the Dog pic...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

oh and thanks for good wishes.:)
Oh I wish it was as glamorous and excitement filled @jjraak !! In this instance it means shuttling to and from nondescript office towers negotiating a tough 2 year deal, almost abso tagged so they can track me despite daily "c" word testing, being potentially sprayed with some sort of solution and back into my pen at the hotel!

Getting home back to Mishus BRS and life is proving complicated -I don't fancy 10 days at Heathrow locked away if I transit via the MidEast nor the States if I can avoid it! So, I'll just have to luxuriate on a wee jet instead - if it happens

Our mutt isn't as intellgent as the poster child - he's chasing Gerald the cat and anything that moves in the garden...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Cool picks.

"A Fist full of Lancets"
or his
"every which way but Glucose"

phase..?

and ford...mmhh

does that make Mrs MC short round
or the Wookie...?

:woot::wacky:
That made me guffaw...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
G'Night one and all.

Dinner supped, hermatically sealed taxi/van all booked, up with the lark, abseiling gear looked out just in case and will check in tomorrow PM and see what's what with the virtual chums...

Just before bed BG sits at 5.4...

Have a great afternoon and evening.

And finally...

When I tried to go out the other day, the police stopped me at the door. They told me it was a spot check. I admitted to two pimples and a boil.

Screenshot_20210321-145442.jpg

lindisfel

Expert
Beautiful day in Cumbria, after my walking exercise and lunch have been working in the garden this pm.There is a lot of tidying up to do but I don't like to be too tidy.

We sat out for a time to rest and our Robin came up to talk to us.

Man U plays Leicester later, that is a must for better half.
D.

Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
G'Night one and all.

Dinner supped, hermatically sealed taxi/van all booked, up with the lark, abseiling gear looked out just in case and will check in tomorrow PM and see what's what with the virtual chums...

Just before bed BG sits at 5.4...

Have a great afternoon and evening.

And finally...

When I tried to go out the other day, the police stopped me at the door. They told me it was a spot check. I admitted to two pimples and a boil.

View attachment 48253
That would be living really dangerously, police are notorious for clapping jokers in irons.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Like those distant mountains getting stronger as they hit the foreground. That far away Mountain could easily be Snowdon seen from the Berwyns.

Hugs for crowds keeping you in. Looking at the lack of future holidays abroad I think this is how the UK is going to be for some time to come. Before Covid it was getting harder to walk and find wilderness now it's almost impossible. I read that they are going to start pushing the Countryside Code again, what ever happened to people's common sense and respect?
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist for your art compliments. I agree with you on the wilderness scene - I am currently scratching about, wondering where we will be able to go. There are still some places off the beaten track so just hoping that they will attract few people.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went with a hug, no matter how old we are, these days are still poignant.
Perhaps and being morbid slightly more so, as we realise our own mortality

So a manly hug, a sit down to a beer & a few chasers, at the thread Bar.
just reminiscing and telling stories of days gone by.

photo-1485686531765-ba63b07845a7

The bars new so the 'Committee Unlimited Relaxation & Enjoyment' (C.U.R.E.)
have a suggestion box for suitable names.
answers on a Postcard please to PO box 5.0 Danno drive., McGarrer Plains, Wannabethere..

As for choice..why not.
if you feel he might do you justice in looks/attitudes/character.
casting don't start for a few years so plenty of time to change your mind..;):D

Have a relaxing day
Thanks for the hug. Actually, David Gower as a fellow left handed batsman.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist for your art compliments. I agree with you on the wilderness scene - I am currently scratching about, wondering where we will be able to go. There are still some places of the beaten track so just hoping that they will attract few people.
I know a few out of the way Places. This years outings will have to be Wilfrid in farmers fields and no facilities, also away from school holidays. Wilfrid does have a loo but I decided last year to purchase a Kyham Toilet/washroom tent so we can be completely self sufficient. Wilfrid also has hot water and a shower but it does mean standing outside to use it.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice day but I seem to ha e spentmucn of iron Zoom, still good to catch up and see people.

Not finished today's painting, it looks like a winter scene but it's supposed to be Spring so leave much to do. I am hoping to create that Spring Bloom trees get, we shall see.....

A4 watercolour, finish Monday....
IMG_4650.JPG

Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice day but I seem to ha e spentmucn of iron Zoom, still good to catch up and see people.

Not finished today's painting, it looks like a winter scene but it's supposed to be Spring so leave much to do. I am hoping to create that Spring Bloom trees get, we shall see.....

A4 watercolour, finish Monday....
View attachment 48263
Actually looks good as a winter scene. Quite good as a Christmas card - in the bleak midwinter? I have the utmost faith in your ability to turn this into something wonderful, Maestro.