What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dennis is beautiful. I might indulge in some dognapping. Where did you say you live?
Re ‘the foot’ - I’ve managed to hit a chair leg with my right foot (between little toe and rest of foot) three times in the same number of weeks. Exceedingly talented! Three was the lucky number because now it’s way worse than ever before.

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! for the foot! That is such a painful thing to do, even once. My husband broke his toe doing just that, are you sure it’s just bruised?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks its much more comfortable today though I will probs continue painkillers just for today. I was more aware of pressure in yesterdays injection and it was quite disconcerting when you have blood from your eye dripping onto your cheek but it stopped and really it is what it is.

Ooh a little more than disconcerting I’d have thought. Good idea to stick with the painkillers for a while longer, and I’m glad you don’t have to go anywhere today.
I’m impressed you were intending to tackle the ironing. I was thinking s couple of months ago that I hardly iron anything anymore. I used to do loads. I’m not sure if it’s just that I take more care with folding clothes, or just that I’ve embraced the dishevelled look.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cyprus day 3.
FBG this am ..6.1.
Delighted with that

Decided we'd risk the scooter..(win :D)
So as today will be alcohol free for me. yesterday I made the most of enjoying the liquid entertainment, as we had a slow leisurely trawl of the neighbourhood, alighted at a delightful taverna, up a side street, and definitely more about the food then the "scenic view".
Went with owners recommendations, delicious..sheftalia, Lauren tells me.
And several glasses of the refreshing local lager KEO.

No other tourist, just locals, who we got chatting to over our lunch..lovely, lovely moment.
Gent bought us some frozen melon to try, owner gave us free cakes and free drinks after the meal....loving Cyprus.

A few beers on the harbour on route back to shower and change .(never made it..:***:)

Side tracked at cider bar, as you do.

Then off out with new friends into bar with blues brothers tribute band n 80's music nite....
Ended up a little piddled, but had nice dance with missus. (didn't matter we were the only ones.:singing:.what's wrong with people, music means you show your enjoyment by dancing. :D)..so a lovely day, a great evening and while it gave me a hangover
It's also given a decentish fbg...(.thank you alcohol gods..:) )

@PenguinMum ..sounds rather unpleasant, but liking your no nonsense approach to it.
Get better, soonest.

Now that sounds good. Love those sheftalia sausagey things - mind you, I like faggots as well - wrapped in caul fat - yum yum, bubble gum.
Blues Brothers tribute band - what’s not to like.
Try the brandy sours while you are there - but - don’t attempt to bring home the ingredients - never as good.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm watching the episode of Magnum that is set in England. It always tickles me that American films about Americans flying into London show them then getting to absolutely any destination by way of the Tower, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, Parliament Square, usually in that order, sometimes with a drive by St Paul's on the way. Always makes me wonder why they didn't just hail a cab at the airport and go directly to their destination. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh a little more than disconcerting I’d have thought. Good idea to stick with the painkillers for a while longer, and I’m glad you don’t have to go anywhere today.
I’m impressed you were intending to tackle the ironing. I was thinking s couple of months ago that I hardly iron anything anymore. I used to do loads. I’m not sure if it’s just that I take more care with folding clothes, or just that I’ve embraced the dishevelled look.

I haven't ironed in ages. I was well taught, graduating from pillowcases to handkerchiefs to sheets to actual clothes ... I don't even own an iron now.

@PenguinMum have you called the eye doctor about the blood? "Disconcerting" sounds like an understatement to me! Hugs.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6 even for me this morning.

@gennepher I feel for you about the hiatal hernia. I was diagnosed with one 30-odd years ago. It flares up out of nowhere sometimes but is normally much better now that I am retired from work and don't have that every-day stress. It seems to flare up now when I am stressed about things, except when it doesn't and just flares up for no reason that I can think of. And sometimes it comes from an unexpected food item.

My dad had trouble swallowing when he got older and had a procedure done that I think is called a balloon angio-something?

It's weird that my hiatal hernia is not bothering me much right now, as I am horribly stressed by this prospective move, and indecision, and by the problems one of my oldest friends is having.

Hugs to you, and purrs from the KittenCat to Popeye. ^. .^

Yes, balloon angioplasty, that’s what my dad had, only he was in France driving my stepmother around, when he got admitted to a French hospital!

I hope the hiatus hernia stays quiet for you.

Thank you for the hugs and Popeye says Meeow!

>^..^<

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Warning this posting will contain topics of an offensive nature to those of a sensitive nature and no tolerance of the absurd, please,please read no further, in fact do the sensible thing and block my postings on your news feed.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all have one foot on the ground.

An aggressive 9.6 slowly exited the meter snarled at me muttering expletives along with words like chicken sandwich at 1:45am.......I must get my meter looked at....by a psychiatrist.

I would like to thank all who wished me and me's well at yesterday's liver transplant review clinic ( I shall tag @ianpspurs ) I had the best results I have ever had in over 26 years of tests. People like to complain about the NHS but, I have nothing but praise.
Yes the advice given to diabetics appears to be wrong and the wrong people are giving that advice. I now just ignore these advice givers and when necessary explain in words of one syllable what I am doing and why I am ignoring what they say.

The wonderful thing about this web site and forum is the experiences posters are passing on to other diabetics.
Once again thanks folks.
Have a good day folks, I shall if Mrs J allows.

Excellent, and congratulations for your 26 year best in show.

Yes, such a pity that the most recent information on managing diabetes is so slow to filter into the NHS in general - very hard for some people who have been right for so long to now find out that their operating system was factory flawed.

If only we could rely on lobbyists for the food industry and their political slaves, we would be so much better off - or not.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't ironed in ages. I was well taught, graduating from pillowcases to handkerchiefs to sheets to actual clothes ... I don't even own an iron now.

@PenguinMum have you called the eye doctor about the blood? "Disconcerting" sounds like an understatement to me! Hugs.

Never known my mother to iron anything - things are aired until “touching on the dry point” and then hung up or carefully folded.
Mrs Miggins however - well that’s a different story.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks to you and also @DJC3 for the kind thoughts. The first time I had a small trail of dried blood from the corner of my eye when I removed the patch the morning after but otherwise eye was ok. This time it dripped a bit more on to my cheek but not outside the transparent patch which was taped on but this morning when I removed it with a wet cotton wool pad (have to be incredibly careful not to touch the eye or eyelid) the white part of my eye which received the jab is red. My instinct is I felt it more this time so probably the reason. I will see how it goes over the next few days and if it hurts or looks worse I will ring the hospital Monday. Another advantage to staying in today is to not risk any dust or infection. Ironing is a safe activity, OHs shirts and youngest turned up with a bag of shirts when he took me to the hospital. I never iron anything for me!

Viv19

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! for the foot! That is such a painful thing to do, even once. My husband broke his toe doing just that, are you sure it’s just bruised?

Not sure what has happened. I think it’s the joint below the toe, at least it’s swollen. As is toe. I thought of going to the walk in clinic except that I couldn’t walk. Each day is better- I can now hobble down the stairs- first day on Dad’s stairlift, yesterday sideways like a crab, so there’s progress.
Our neighbours contacted us to say that we have a burst pipe under our drive. They turned off the water, contacted the water peeps, and it will be repaired on Tuesday. We have been trying to coordinate the insurance company who have to see it before work starts. Stress X 10!

Reactions: gennepher and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure what has happened. I think it’s the joint below the toe, at least it’s swollen. As is toe. I thought of going to the walk in clinic except that I couldn’t walk. Each day is better- I can now hobble down the stairs- first day on Dad’s stairlift, yesterday sideways like a crab, so there’s progress.
Our neighbours contacted us to say that we have a burst pipe under our drive. They turned off the water, contacted the water peeps, and it will be repaired on Tuesday. We have been trying to coordinate the insurance company who have to see it before work starts. Stress X 10!

Good grief! Like you needed that as well as a hurt toe. Not. Sounds like you have good neighbors though.
Hugs for the stress (a very gentle hug keeping well away from the poor sore toe.)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
IMG_0422.jpg