What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Days update.
SURVIVED. The bike trip..

Beautiful day out......:happy:
My Google trip timeline.
Love Cyprus ..:)

Screenshot_20190627-191303~01.png

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure what has happened. I think it’s the joint below the toe, at least it’s swollen. As is toe. I thought of going to the walk in clinic except that I couldn’t walk. Each day is better- I can now hobble down the stairs- first day on Dad’s stairlift, yesterday sideways like a crab, so there’s progress.
Our neighbours contacted us to say that we have a burst pipe under our drive. They turned off the water, contacted the water peeps, and it will be repaired on Tuesday. We have been trying to coordinate the insurance company who have to see it before work starts. Stress X 10!

What a rotten couple of days. We had a similar battle with home insurance and water board over a leak under our drive funnily enough - well, not funny at all really.
I do think you ought to get yourself to the hobble- in clinic to get an x ray though. Have you moved the chair you keep kicking yet?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure what has happened. I think it’s the joint below the toe, at least it’s swollen. As is toe. I thought of going to the walk in clinic except that I couldn’t walk. Each day is better- I can now hobble down the stairs- first day on Dad’s stairlift, yesterday sideways like a crab, so there’s progress.
Our neighbours contacted us to say that we have a burst pipe under our drive. They turned off the water, contacted the water peeps, and it will be repaired on Tuesday. We have been trying to coordinate the insurance company who have to see it before work starts. Stress X 10!
Hi Viv sorry about all the stress, things just come in multiples! Good if you have helpful neighbours though. Really hope the toe improves.

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A tooth which had a crown on it, broke/snapped off completely when I put my falsies in. So now I cannot wear my falsies now, no tooth to hold them in.

So clove oil and chewing gum over sheared off tooth. It blinking hurts. Went to dentist to make appointment.

24th July receptionist said...

I thought I had mis-lipread.

No, I hadn't.

24th July she said again.

May I point out this is a sheared off tooth and hurts lots, I said.

I am not moving until I get an appointment at the beginning of next week, I said (dentist doesn't open on a Friday).

Impasse....

I am standing solid as a rock, staring at her face.

She looks away first. Looks at her computer. I can fit you in on Tuesday, she says. Good, I said, Thank you.

So, cantankerous old lady is now in her potting shed, with cat...life is hard work...

>^..^<

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 5.0 this morning

lovely and warm here today and we've been out volunteering today, hence the late posting :sorry:

we managed to get a bit more of mum's jungle strimmed down yesterday so it was good to have a change today :)

Hope your day has been a good one :)

Viv19

What a rotten couple of days. We had a similar battle with home insurance and water board over a leak under our drive funnily enough - well, not funny at all really.
I do think you ought to get yourself to the hobble- in clinic to get an x ray though. Have you moved the chair you keep kicking yet?

I don’t think they do much for a broken toe, even if it is. Most of the swelling has gone down, except the toe which is sort of fat double size. :-/ I’ll keep watching it to make sure circulation is ok.
Up to now the insurance company seems to be cooperating. Fingers firmly crossed!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A tooth which had a crown on it, broke/snapped off completely when I put my falsies in. So now I cannot wear my falsies now, no tooth to hold them in.

So clove oil and chewing gum over sheared off tooth. It blinking hurts. Went to dentist to make appointment.

No, I hadn't.

I am not moving until I get an appointment at the beginning of next week, I said (dentist doesn't open on a Friday).

Impasse....

She looks away first. Looks at her computer. I can fit you in on Tuesday, she says. Good, I said, Thank you.

So, cantankerous old lady is now in her potting shed, with cat...life is hard work...

>^..^<
Hells bells Gennepher I would have thought that was an emergency..what silly behaviour on their part..hope you can manage till Tuesday.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

No, I hadn't.

Impasse....

>^..^<

Yes it is. Good for you for standing your ground and staring her down. I have been in that sort of pain with teeth. All I could do was alternate acetaminophen with ibuprofen every two hours while lying with a heating pad under my cheek and praying the minutes would pass quickly until I could take another pill.

Do y'all have emergency dental clinics that do Friday and/or Saturday hours? They are few and far between here but a friend of mine has used one when in dire need.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Warning this posting will contain topics of an offensive nature to those of a sensitive nature and no tolerance of the absurd, please,please read no further, in fact do the sensible thing and block my postings on your news feed.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all have one foot on the ground.

An aggressive 9.6 slowly exited the meter snarled at me muttering expletives along with words like chicken sandwich at 1:45am.......I must get my meter looked at....by a psychiatrist.

I would like to thank all who wished me and me's well at yesterday's liver transplant review clinic ( I shall tag @ianpspurs ) I had the best results I have ever had in over 26 years of tests. People like to complain about the NHS but, I have nothing but praise.
Yes the advice given to diabetics appears to be wrong and the wrong people are giving that advice. I now just ignore these advice givers and when necessary explain in words of one syllable what I am doing and why I am ignoring what they say.

The wonderful thing about this web site and forum is the experiences posters are passing on to other diabetics.
Once again thanks folks.
Have a good day folks, I shall if Mrs J allows.

Yay! Congratulations!

... Surely she will .. with those results!
113.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it is. Good for you for standing your ground and staring her down. I have been in that sort of pain with teeth. All I could do was alternate acetaminophen with ibuprofen every two hours while lying with a heating pad under my cheek and praying the minutes would pass quickly until I could take another pill.

Do y'all have emergency dental clinics that do Friday and/or Saturday hours? They are few and far between here but a friend of mine has used one when in dire need.

That sounded unpleasant for you.

No emergency dentists.
I've never been in this situation before, at least not when I had a regular dentist.
I've always been seen to that day or by the following day when something like this has happened before.

>^..^<

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do any of you know what a copper is? Not a policeman; this is something people heat water in. I just came across one in Village Diary, by Miss Read, and there is one in the farm kitchen in The Midnight Horse. Both books are fairly old so I don't know if coppers are still used and I have no idea what one looks like or how it works. The books don't describe them at all.

Viv19

Do any of you know what a copper is? Not a policeman; this is something people heat water in. I just came across one in Village Diary, by Miss Read, and there is one in the farm kitchen in The Midnight Horse. Both books are fairly old so I don't know if coppers are still used and I have no idea what one looks like or how it works. The books don't describe them at all.

My grandmother had one in her kitchen, the bedding and clothes that could be were boiled in it on wash day. This was when I was very small. My grandmother would put the water in, heat it up by lighting the gas underneath and then put in the washing and carbolic soap. Apparently her mother had one that was set up high on bricks or similar and she had to light a fire underneath to heat the water.

Last edited:

Viv19

Hi Viv sorry about all the stress, things just come in multiples! Good if you have helpful neighbours though. Really hope the toe improves.

Thanks PenguinMum. By this evening my foot seems to be more flexible and less painful. The toe is odd but if I can at least wear walking sandals tomorrow I’ll be okay.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Little Wispa’s coat is gorgeous...how do you keep him so groomed? He is asmashing little chap.

Hello PM

Use a Doggy wet wipe to shine up her coat as part of the morning routine of groom coat, wipe all over, brush teeth

She gets her nails trimmed as and when

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

No, I hadn't.

Impasse....

>^..^<

Oh dear

I had a similar mishap yesterday when one of my front two teeth (the 2 at the very front) snapped off near the base and all that’s left is a jagged quarter length tooth

I look a right bloody old sight

Luckily no pain (thus far) seeing dentist next Friday

Good luck with your appointment on Tuesday

Reactions: Viv19

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 for me this morning.

For the cat lovers amongst us, I share photos of Min-Min one of our cats, more often known by her nickname "pashia" meaning the fat one

Son will be visiting the town of Zermatt and the famous Matterhorn mountain, as part of his school trip to Switzerland. The last couple of photos I share are from our last visit there, as a family, back in 2012.

As much as I am proud to see him spread his wings a small part of me can not help feeling left behind.

Have a great day everybodyView attachment 33951View attachment 33952View attachment 33953View attachment 33954View attachment 33955

Lovely pictures!